Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain Discuss Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
91talondsm
AF Newbie

14.8 1/4 mile with my mods and have a?

with the mods i have(below) i no i did it wrong,read the dsm newbies mastakes forum. was wondering if having a stock exaust will cause me to not boost over 15psi,also no im running rich with the 255 pump and no regulator, but here its ok under WOT with the 450cc inj.3rd and 4th gear pulles 15psi at 4500rpm steady with no creep.nothing is ported but the turbo.mbc tryed all the way open and closed, closed now.turbos spooling harder but still at a steady 15psi. ran 14.8 in 1/4 mile but also is front wheel drive so no tracktion in first.what should i do or try next?
550cc's,walbro 255fp,stock 14b at 15psi,palm m130 with mmcd logging software,2 1/2in. down pipe to 3in. exhaust, high flow cat.,2g maf with k&n,custom intake,aftermarket boost guage,mbc,6 bolt with 160 compression. in closet:b16ge3 turbo,rochester 680cc inj.

wish list:wideband,headers,1000cc,e85 conversion,dsm link or map,fmic,20g,272 cams,arp head studs,2600 clutch,lsd,keydriver,. 13sec. daily driver goals.
91talondsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
rock0134
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rock0134 Send a message via Yahoo to rock0134
Re: 14.8 1/4 mile with my mods and have a?

get a fuel pressure regulator and turbo back exhaust. Then get bigger injectors

SOLD
'97 GSX
EvoIII 16g, FMIC shortroute piping, FIC 850's, DSMLink V2.5, 3" turboback, mbc, Walbro 190 rewired, autometer boost gauge, Tokico shocks/springs -2", Motegi MR7 18" hyper black wheels

'05 blacked out f150 FX4
rock0134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
91talondsm
AF Newbie

il just go to a little shop and have them custum a straight pipe without cat. cause the cat. starts smoking when i run it hard,its new but just a oem universal.and cause i just passed emmissions so got two year tags. i no i need the regulator two. so than is it safe to run the 15 psi as it sits? checked compression and 160 1-4 cyl.
550cc's,walbro 255fp,stock 14b at 15psi,palm m130 with mmcd logging software,2 1/2in. down pipe to 3in. exhaust, high flow cat.,2g maf with k&n,custom intake,aftermarket boost guage,mbc,6 bolt with 160 compression. in closet:b16ge3 turbo,rochester 680cc inj.

wish list:wideband,headers,1000cc,e85 conversion,dsm link or map,fmic,20g,272 cams,arp head studs,2600 clutch,lsd,keydriver,. 13sec. daily driver goals.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
rock0134
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rock0134 Send a message via Yahoo to rock0134

As long as you aren't running out of fuel you should be fine as long as other basic maintenence is good.

SOLD
'97 GSX
EvoIII 16g, FMIC shortroute piping, FIC 850's, DSMLink V2.5, 3" turboback, mbc, Walbro 190 rewired, autometer boost gauge, Tokico shocks/springs -2", Motegi MR7 18" hyper black wheels

'05 blacked out f150 FX4
rock0134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

the only time you'll have problems with the regulator is when you are cruising. Like you said wot is ok.

Definitely exhaust, then do the whole fuel system. Ss line, rewire pump, afpr, and if you feel really good, do the rail. If you are adventurous, 6an line it all the way to the pump. If you need help on parts pm me. Ive got those written somewhere.

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

Aftermarket lines and rail on a 16g is laughable, might as well bury a couple hundred bucks somewhere in the ground and give Thor a treasure map, either way will be about as beneficial to your car as the other.

You'll need many many things before either of those can be justified such as getting the car running right. I didnt get much from your original post (you need to be more clear about whats going on, that would start with some reasonable grammar, punctuation, and spelling), but it looks like you are running at 15psi whether the MBC is all the way in or out, in which case you have more problems than a poor quarter mile time. If thats the case you either have the BC in wrong, or you arent using an aftermarket boost guage. I dont see a boost guage on your mod list and the stocker isnt even a real boost guage so you should have one of those before anything, especially if you insist on playing with the boost controller. After that, the exhaust would be a logical next step. After that, DSMlink.

Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

... I'm just saying, while you are in there, do it once and do it right. It might be overkill now, but longterm if you have any real plans you won't have to go back. Of course I just like keeping everything even. Thor us right though dsmlink would make more of a difference doing first, after you get the TBE

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

Only if "real plans" constitutes a LOT of power or even a pretty solid amount on E85. I'm pretty sure the stock lines are fine to max out a 255, which is around 650 hp on gasoline IIRC. Once you get past that, you really should have a fuel cell anyway. Not trying to be an ass to you Sleeper, but I'm just saying that kind of fuel system is like getting forged internals to up the boost controller.

Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
91talondsm
AF Newbie

so adjustable fuel pressure regulator and turbo back exhaust will be my next purchise. 13.8s my goal and yes i do have an aftermarket boost guage.the mbc is hooked up according to the mbc forum.somthing else is wrong, guess il keep messing around till i get it right, after all being a dsm owner is being your own backyard machanic.

and you can read my spelling, we are all dsmers trying to get help,or helping others. it shouldnt matter if your a letter off or you put a camma here and it needed to be there. its funny how most dsmers are all "welcome to the club", and others love to hate.get enough crap from all the honda riders around here.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #10
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

It has nothing to do with us "hating" on you. It wasn't only your grammar that made your post hard to read. Your spelling wasn't the best either. I think most people around here would agree that we aren't very strict about grammar or spelling. But you could at least try a little to make it readable.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:56 PM   #11
91talondsm
AF Newbie

i tryed to download the spell check but it didnt work so im doing my best.
i still would like to no if having a stock exhaust can prevent me from boosting over 15psi. i noticed my catalytic convertor starts smoking (if that helps)under hard runs and its brand new,also tryed running the waistgate accuator vaccum line off and still hitting 15psi,i've herd people hitting over 25psi with that line off. sorry for the spelling and grammer.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #12
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

Like I said it doesn't matter is your spelling or grammar is perfect, just at least try to make it half way decent and it will be fine. I appreciate your cooperation.

Stock exhaust will not limit your car to 15psi. Also the cat wont cause your car to blow smoke out the exhaust. There is no reason your car shouldn't boost past 15psi. Becarefuly taking the wastegate vac line off, the boost may shoot up fast and mess something up.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #13
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

That wasnt meant as an attack at you and I am sorry it came off as one. I know that we're not all English majors nor do we need to type like them, but honestly dude, I had to re-read your OP a solid 4-5 times before I really thought I understood what was going on, even then I wasnt sure. Harping on your English skills wasnt meant as an attack, just a suggestion to help you get answers later. When I have to really think and sift though shit to get it I usually just pass it on and I know I am not alone in that. Besides, I tried to help, if I didnt like you or wanted to piss you off, I would have been an asshole and not tried to help .

Old 03-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #14
91talondsm
AF Newbie

well i really do appreciate the advice you all gave me and im more understanding about the forums.newbie isnt just my name on here but really im a newbie to this hole dsm/turbo stuff. first dsm ever owned and only had it 2 months now and im figuring out that modding these cars are way different then your typical honda.
been on here every day reading forums on how to do things so i dont repost a same forum but it seems that the problems im having(like boosting)are different than anyone elses problems.its hard for me to figure out whats going on in my motor cause i have no afc or datalogger and even dsmlink for that matter(to expensive) so im just trying to tune by ear.
thanks guys and sorry if im off topic to, just trying to learn more on these dsms.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #15
steviek
AF Enthusiast

with stock injectors you shouldn't go any higher than 15 psi on that turbo anyways.
Yea and its not your cat that is smoking. Its probably your turbo which is causing the smoke. The 15 psi max could be a product of your turbo on its way out, restriction before or after the turbo your boost control solenoid, your wastegate actuator, or your boost controller. But whatever it is I would leave it like such because those injectors are at their upper limits with that turbo on that psi.
FP 18g turbo e3 o2 & mani, 3" exhaust, , 7 bolt, wiseco/eagle, walbro 255hp re-wired, Aeromotive FPR, FIC 1150cc, injen intake, greddy RS, aem wideband, turbo xs mbc, act 2600 clutch sprung 6 puck, BC 272's, dsmlink v2.5, ETS FMIC, Devils Own, JMF SMIM.
18 Inch chrome rims
In closet AEM Fuel Rail, SS Lines,
1997 TSI AWD
Diamonds Are 4Ever
12.7 @ 107
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...y/DSC00461.jpg
steviek is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain