Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 01:25 AM   #1
doodledo824
AF Regular

1/2 tank ,4miles,45minutes..racing story

well i got home from a trip to mass and my brother and his car club were hanging out at a local parking lot and of course i pull in and the trash talk began,,,one of the quotes i heard was like ""hey Rui i'd race your g but i don't have 16 seconds to waste" Mind you this was coming from a kid who drives a95 eclipse gs. So i asked him if he wanted to run it and he accepted. Well we line up and i lay a serious beating on him off the launch i was pulling on him all the way up to 3rd gear. He started to gain some ground at around 90 but i figured the quarter mile was already over by then and i shut down. We ran it again and again ,,same results. Then one of his boys with a sentra se stepped up. i got him off the launch and through most of second gear but as soon as i shifted to third he had already made up lost ground and wound up beating me by half a car. The final race i got my ass handed to me big time...it was a spec v. Surprisingly i got her off the launch ,,that car has some serious traction problems in first gear but my victory at the start was short lived she caught me and passed me like i was stopped..lol that car hauls some serious ass.......
doodledo824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 07:06 AM   #2
v_knot
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to v_knot
Do you have any mods? And the "spec v." what car was it?
Tinted (20%); Momo Cobra Shift Knob w/ Boot; RAZO Titanium Stainless Alloy Pedals; PIAA Super White Bulbs (#15660); PIAA Platinium Super White Clearance Bulbs (#19169); PIAA Ion Crystal Bulbs (#13555); Clear Repeaters; "Primera" badge; "GT" badge; Q45 Infiniti emblem; Red G2 Brake Calipers Paint.
v_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 07:19 AM   #3
G-Forces
Banned

Re: 1/2 tank ,4miles,45minutes..racing story

Quote:
Originally posted by doodledo824
The final race i got my ass handed to me big time...it was a spec v. Surprisingly i got her off the launch ,,that car has some serious traction problems in first gear but my victory at the start was short lived she caught me and passed me like i was stopped..lol that car hauls some serious ass.......
Nahh the Spec-V fucking sucks. Nissan fucked up big time with that car, what are they thinking? 141hp to the ground. What a fucking piece of shit!

Sorry guys I've seen too much talk like that about the Spec-V which I personally think is an AWESOME car for the money and even for a car a couple grand more. I might try and get my g/f to trade in here Hyundai Excel for a regular SE-R.
G-Forces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 07:38 PM   #4
2002G20Racer
AF Enthusiast

I think the new SE-R is a good car and a great value but I dont like the V Spec either. I also hate the front bumper on both the cars. Looks like a Nissan trucks front bumper.

Anyone who tells you money is the root of all evil, doesnt f#!@ing have any.
2002G20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote