Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Rumors What have you heard? Tales of the MKV, concepts and spy pics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 11:47 PM   #61
JTS24
AF Newbie

Letmethinkonthis1,

So do you feel pretty certain that it Toyota will bring it back(or something like it) next year.
Like would what % of chance do you think it will be back next year, with anything over 90% chance being almost certain? The reason I'm so curious, is that I've been looking for older ones(used of course), because of the uncertainty, but if I feel very strongly that Toyota will bring it back next year(or something similar) then I would save my money and wait.

Thanks.

Last edited by JTS24; 08-03-2003 at 04:58 PM.
JTS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 01:03 AM   #62
dmk18
AF Newbie

V8 Supra

Right now in Japan, Supras in JGTC are using the 3UZ-FE 4.3 liter V8 from the SC430, bored out to 5.3 liters. With this engine, the Esso Ultraflow is tied for first, along with the Xanavi NISMO R34 Skyline using a VQ30DETT. All the Supras in the GT500 class are using this V8, so I think it's a pretty good sign there could be one in the MKV, if there is an MKV. But there ARE V8 Supras out there! Go check out www.JGTC.net if you want to see for yourself.
dmk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:57 AM   #63
Letmethinkonthis1
AF Newbie

Hmmm. Not really sure about the percent. It's very hush, hush. Just have to wait and see. My guess is yes, there will be one. Competition dictates Toyota needs one.

As to a V8, It could happen I suppose, but it would not be practical or competitive.
Letmethinkonthis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:17 PM   #64
Jades_God
AF Newbie

2004 Toyota Supra

I have family that work in Toyota's Enginering department. Yes Toyota is re-entroducing the Supra. Yes it will have 6 cylinders. Straight6 or V6, They still aren't even sure!! There will be an option of a V8. Toyota enginers are still kicking around the idea of a V10. Don't get you're hopes up, That will cost a lot for them to produce. And if done it will cost you a lot of you're hard earned money. So for around (As of now) 6 cylinders will run you about $30-35,000. V8 Is going to be about the same as a new Mustang Cobra. About 40-45,000. The V10 (if done) will be well over $70,000. I was being easy on all the prices so don't get you're hopes up! All the prices are starting prices. the car will come with a Cd player 8 speaker sound system. Air bags might be optional. the Supra will be over 350hp. V8 400, V10. . . . Well You wont have to worry about loosing a race. but hope you got money for gas! I was told, If someone pulled up to you with a Lingonfelter Lamborghine. You might Just might be able to keep up. Another thing. The pictures you have seen. . . Yes pretty much what it's going to look like. But Enginers might have to add a spoiler. . .possibly wind canards on the front airdam. The car wont weigh over 2,200 pounds. And with that power wont stay on the ground. And I entend on some pretty mice body kits from TRD. And yes the legendary question: Will it be supercharged or turbocharged. No!. But if you know the right people . . . .Maybe a really really really good custom muffler shop or someone who can bend piping and knows cars can build the tubing for you, And you suply a nice turbo that can handle the car. then I'm sure you can have turbo. Don't hold any of this to me. Toyota still isn't sure what they want to do!!!!

Thank for reading,
Jade.
Jades_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:40 PM   #65
JTS24
AF Newbie

Jade,

When do you think the earliest they will make it avail. for sale?
Old 08-11-2003, 11:44 PM   #66
Jades_God
AF Newbie

2004 Toyota Supra

Well with all the idea kicking around. . . . . . Ok if they get their marbles together then at the very very end of this year or begening of next year. The 6 cylinder I'm very sure as are they soemtime in the next 6 months. The V8 option posibly in the same time frame. the V10 (if desided to be done) might be a little bit longer.

Jade.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:48 PM   #67
JTS24
AF Newbie

So then its possibly already in production, or at leat I would think, if they would have it out 6 months from now.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:54 PM   #68
Jades_God
AF Newbie

Well frames are that I'm sure of. The frame is based off of the Celica. With many modifications ofcourse. The uncle I have that is a Toyota enginer showed me. I have a 2003 Celica GT-S.(and a 1998 supra duse turbo) He got me on the ground and showed me then took me to some prints he had of the Supra. But yes odds and ends are under production now. They want to release it as soon as posible. So what they are sure on and can build around and leave room to changer they are making now.

Jade
Old 08-12-2003, 12:31 AM   #69
rsxer45
AF Premium User

Re: 2004 Toyota Supra

Quote:
Originally posted by Jades_God
The car wont weigh over 2,200 pounds.
That's lighter than the 2003 Mini Cooper and a Miata

Are you sure you heard right?

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
---Murphy and Conner MacManus
rsxer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:37 AM   #70
Jades_God
AF Newbie

2004 Toyota Supra

Excuse me on that. I was meening to type 3,400. My aim on the key board is off. Sorry. That is for the 6 cylinder anyways. i don't know the V8. And no one knows the V10.

Jade.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:27 PM   #71
omegasky
AF Enthusiast

Re: The New Supra Is Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS24
When do you think the earliest they will make it avail. for sale?
i heard something about that they be in the street's in late 2004.
omegasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 12:18 AM   #72
killasoundz
AF Regular

Re: The New Supra Is Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by T\/\/iN-Tu|2Bo
Yeah the VQ's are very nice engines. You can get some pretty good power levels out of them. But what about Toyota? I don't think their V6's can match the tunability of the VQ Unless they develope a new engine but that would cost a lot of money. I say just refine the 2JZ a bit to meet emissions laws and keep it! Hey, Mazda kept their Rotary engine for the RX-8!! So I say stick with tradition

actually the new RENISIS rotary engine is completely redesigned and basically an all new engine.

ww.classic-celica.com
killasoundz is offline   Reply With Quote