Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 09:49 PM   #166
superbluecivicsi
AF - Advisor

haha!! yupyup im hmong luv.

RICE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eat rice, the doctors say its good to eat.
FS: B series InlinePro cast mani, PnH RC 550s, and Hondata S2b. pm me.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:52 PM   #167
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
Quote:
Originally posted by superbluecivicsi
haha!! yupyup im hmong luv.

RICE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eat rice, the doctors say its good to eat.
rice is good...mmmmm...but gotta be prepared rite...wet/too dry rice are both yeuck...

mmmmmm...

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 05-21-2003, 10:40 PM   #168
Drift King
AF Regular

Damn, this is a long ass thread that just got longer.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:54 PM   #169
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
i kno...i think its over...i vote to close it...i mean...we're talking about rice the FOOD now..

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 05-28-2003, 05:18 PM   #170
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by carrrnuttt

The way ricers are using (or I should say ABUSING) their wings nowadays, it's quite possible that they are literally pushing down on the rear of their chassis too much, causing lift on the front end, which will be further augmented by the air going under. If you've seen the vids of the CLK-GTR flying up in the air, you'll see how dangerous that is (getting too much air under the car).
Wasn't that incredible!?!? I saw that last year I think from LeMans. One CLK was going along a straight, minding his business, when all of a sudden the car went vertical 90 degrees and like 40 feet in the air and crashed some 50 feet in a forest. They grounded the other CLK immediately after this (duh? design flaw??).

Getting back to this RICE business, I've often wondered where this term came from. At first the only explanation I could think of (and no disrespect to anyone) is because rice IS a popular diet for asian people(yes and among other peoples as well) and most of these little imports are made by asians?

Then again, from where I live we have a Honda plant in Alliston, Ontario and a Toyota plant in Cambridge, Ontario, so unless we're referring to the corporations that make this cars that doesn's make sense.

Rice banger, ricer, etc... I'm sick of hearing those terms as well. Huge aluminum wings on otherwise nicely painted Honda's or Integra's is just plain olde fashioned STUPID AND BUT UGLY! Way to ruin your otherwise beautiful car. Having stickers all over your car, well, unless you do competition racing and are sporting sponsor or supplier stickers thats silly as well. What are you trying to say? LOOK! Look at what I have! My car ins't shit anymore!! Christmas lights on/in/under your car is terrific as well - you can be my 3 year old nephew's hero. Get them to flash so you can play COPS. Mufflers are also something I hate on little import cars because why would you want to amplify the sound of a swarm of bee's or an electric weed wacker? I don't know how much exhaust or mufflers have changed in the last 10 years but one of the best sounding cars I have ever heard in my life(regardless of motor) was my buddy Martin's early 90's MR2(the olde school tiny, square box designed). That thing had a lot of work done to it and it sounded just like a bloody F1 racecar! Some of these exhausts today sound awful (and this ain't V8 biased talking here, my lawnmower sounds meaner!)

Finally, I do like the term Rice Rod and think it is so appropriate because whereas Hot Rod's have BIG, thundering SB or BB V8's, these fast little import cars have the tiniest of little motors in them, and a piece of rice is pretty tiny, eh? Say whatever you will, "My CRX is being fed 20 PSI of boost and can waste your Mustang or Corvette GUY!!!!" - well bravo, you take that little blower or bottle away and you're nothing. My girlfriends brother has a 2001 WRX running over 300 HP thats pretty fast - most days of the week, cause the others his boost release valve is stuck, computer is messed up, etc..... On those days his car is no match for even my old man's GTP. Uh Oh, little motor can't go on without its steroids. Nevermind, you feed a V8 half the PSI you're giving that little fart motor and it will eat you up, like a bowl of raisin bran before bed that comes out as a nice soft shit the next day right after your morning coffee. And by the way, there's your tip to stayin regular and jolly all day! :smoker:

Edit: raisin bran will keep you much more regular than rice :silly2:

Ya, now its time to close this thread.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:13 PM   #171
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Send a message via AIM to GTi-VR6_A3
isnt the gtp supercharged???

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 05-29-2003, 10:39 AM   #172
tynebeach
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tynebeach
yeah it is. It helps his opinion out alot

96 Toyota Corolla: DD
Old 05-29-2003, 11:12 AM   #173
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

well - YES IT IS! (Damn), ok its been a while since I've concerned myself with that class of cars. But you're missing the point. Face it, the Grand Prix is not guttless without the blower - its only good for 40 HP plus the dollars you now have to spend on premium gas. The 3800 V6 is a "decent" motor on its own (I'll be the first to say its not the most efficient for its size), but in this case the blower gives the car a bit more pep - its not make or break.

Edit: Regardless, my point was that on some days buddy's WRX can run with my Z28 really well, and on others my Pop's four door, mid/full sized family sedan can leave him in the dust. EVERYTHING rests on that cars turbo.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:01 PM   #174
tynebeach
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tynebeach
umm okay....so what are you trying to prove? Yes the blower helps, but it does on any car. If you had a blower on your car you'd be able to beat more cars. Is that a bad thing?

Some people do all that they can do to make their car fast, wether it be a turbo or nitrous or a combination or just modifying the motor. What's wrong that? Yes some cars are all motor, and yes come cars are mostly turbo and nitrous. I don't see what the problem is here.

96 Toyota Corolla: DD
Old 05-30-2003, 03:12 AM   #175
Xenostalgia
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Xenostalgia
Term of 'Ricer' came from this... [ Uh personal observation I could and probably am wrong but just hear me out ]

JDM and Asian Domestic cars have been made, in general, to get excellent gas mileage. [In retrospect to American SUV's with 13 mpg and the like, respectivly] So they gained the term 'Rice Burner' on the place of being made. Asian cultures which rely on Rice as a heavy part of their diet and Rice as a mockery of how much gas it takes to fuel the car. Moreover Revisiting the MPG issue, 'Rice Burner' just goes to show that is another insult which was molded to 'Ricer' from takinga 'Rice burner' and making it more Asian or abstract. Odd how we make JDM and the like seem like the odd species of car-modding. I dunno maybe they should change it to 'Modded' or 'WTFer' cars. Riced I guess is your own opinion. As for mine, anything that doesn't flow right. Lawnmower sounding or not, it will still beat most cars on the street. Most.
Be Warned....

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits
what your name really means...

XENO...
Xtreme
Emotional
Neurotic
Ominous

www.Xenostalgia.com Exit your Reality || 97 Acura Integra GS 2DR
Old 06-01-2003, 01:50 AM   #176
neunan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to neunan
my first thought is sheezus this is a long thread. and as to my definition of rice, me and my friends have diversified it, but maybe we're a little too late for mainstream.. we call all the retarded looks but no performance stuff and just plain dumb stuff (like all the originally listed: huge wings, excessive lighting, loud mufflers with no other exhaust mods, excessive stickers, big fat chrome rims, etc) "ghetto rice." and just any kind of import with mods is "rice." but like i said...i think were too late. i work at a chinese restaurant, so i think rice and asian pretty much at the same time...hence asian cars being rice. but like i said, thats just me and my friends...
AEM cai * DC Sports cc 4-2-1 header * GReddy EVO catback* AEM trupower pullies * ACT HDSS clutch kit * ClutchMasters 8lb flywheel * NGK blue wires * 4 wheel Brembo slotted rotors with AEM pads * 4bidden Motorsports shortshifter
---
pioneer deh9300 * phoenix gold zero point wiring * blaupunkt pa2100 pushing diamond audio HEX 6.5 comps in front * blaupunkt pa275 pushing power acoustik fahrenheit 6x9s in back* 5" LCD TV * 8-bit original NES
Old 06-01-2003, 03:58 AM   #177
superbluecivicsi
AF - Advisor

hey DVS LT1, ur getting off the subject man. The thread is bout definitions of ricers and rice (<- - - - is good to eat). you should bring ur post down to 911gt's thread, he has it goin on and on just like this thread. Ur post would be better argued there. Anyways rice is good to eat, thats y you see asian folks walkin around smoking opium at 98yrs old. When is someone gonna start a rice eating thread? It should start out like - - - > "Has anyone successfully ate a bowl of rice while driving?" if you drive like everyone is racing you, then ur a rice. <- - - - thats another good rice defined.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...readid=101413:)
FS: B series InlinePro cast mani, PnH RC 550s, and Hondata S2b. pm me.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:41 PM   #178
killah_xft
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to killah_xft Send a message via AIM to killah_xft
ok to sum up a ricer in a few short sentences....

A ricer is someone who takes their car, does'nt matter what it is (civic, accord, saturn, or what have you) and they fix it up distastefully, with large logos, on the windsheild, and stickers all over the car, for products and mods that they DON"T HAVE! if you don't believe me go check out www.riceboypage.com there's some nice pictures, and prime examples of ricers, (mismatched exhaust tips, and a dual exhaust for a 4 banger that only needs 1....) I personally like sleepers. which is what I'm doing to my car.. the only visible mods you will see, are the exhaust, and rims... and it will be lowered about 1 inch that's all you will be able to see from the outside... all the other mods will be to the engine, and "power" components, and no I am not going turbo.. nothing better than N/A power. and even though my car is a 2.2 liter vtec it puts some decent power to the ground.
Black 1999 Honda Accord LX, Bombz Cold Air Intake, DC Sports Ceramic Exhaust header, "Rally racing" Foglights, 400 watt coustic 401SE AMP, 450 watt Bazooka TVB 141 Tri-vent triangle sub. 220 watt Pioneer 6.5" 3-way (in doors).

To come: Dynamat, Borla exhaust system, and 17" Koenig Absolute (black w/ chome lip), Coilovers, & camber kit (1-1.5 drop), Extensive Engine mods.

check me out on: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/515191
Old 06-05-2003, 09:09 PM   #179
neunan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to neunan
99s have a 2.2L vtec as well? yea, dont i know they can put some power down nothing major, but they work.
AEM cai * DC Sports cc 4-2-1 header * GReddy EVO catback* AEM trupower pullies * ACT HDSS clutch kit * ClutchMasters 8lb flywheel * NGK blue wires * 4 wheel Brembo slotted rotors with AEM pads * 4bidden Motorsports shortshifter
---
pioneer deh9300 * phoenix gold zero point wiring * blaupunkt pa2100 pushing diamond audio HEX 6.5 comps in front * blaupunkt pa275 pushing power acoustik fahrenheit 6x9s in back* 5" LCD TV * 8-bit original NES
Old 06-06-2003, 12:29 AM   #180
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:
Originally posted by superbluecivicsi
hey DVS LT1, ur getting off the subject man. The thread is bout definitions of ricers and rice (<- - - - is good to eat). you should bring ur post down to 911gt's thread, he has it goin on and on just like this thread. Ur post would be better argued there.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...readid=101413:)
how do you figure?

that thread has strayed far from the topic, further from the topic than this thread has.

furthermore it needs to die.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing