Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
marcelodpetrone
AF Newbie

!993 voyager tranny question...

I'm fairly new at this,and i'm sure the problem is definitely the transmission,but the van won't go into drive....reverse works fine and the engine runs like a champ,but the van won't even engage first gear....has this happen to anyone before and do you think i have to replace the whole transmission or just have it repaired?I understand this is very little info,and that without actually seeing it's awfully hard to diagnose,but i'm jyst trying to get an idea on what i'm getting into and be a little informed....also,there's a small leak coming from the passenger side of the engine,and at first it was kind of greenish liquid,but now is just brownish...like very runny oil....any help will be appreciated...thank you....
marcelodpetrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #2
egc519mzl
AF Newbie

Re: !993 voyager tranny question...

It also happened to me a couple of times. Try adding transmission fluid (ATF+3 or ATF+4 only). Before doing that, check the level of the fluid first. The dipstick is located on the driver side.
The recommendation is to drive the vehicle for about 10 miles. Apparently, you cannot drive yours. Just run the engine and let it warm. When it is warm, do the following:
1) put on the brakes : emergency and the regular
2) shift the gears to 1, 2, D and R. Wait for at least 5 sec to change it to another
3) put the gear on neutral
4) check the dipstick.
If level is below, add the fluid. If not, we have to ask the people.
last update : 01/23/2013
egc519mzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #3
marcelodpetrone
AF Newbie

Re: !993 voyager tranny question...

Well,i tried that and it still doesn't work....it sounds like it wants to engage,but it just won't...the fluid level is fine as well as the fluid itself,but i've been reading that the chrysler transmission can only use mopar ATF+3,otherwise it won't work....i don't know what kind of trans fluid they used at the dealer where i bought it,but i might have to get a fluid change on it....thank you so much for all your help....
marcelodpetrone is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager