Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Europe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Europe England, Holland, Denmark, Germany, etc...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 01:38 AM   #16
VTiracer
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to VTiracer
Cool

Thanks for the info guys....

Question.....OK...my Civic already has a stock front strut bay which doesnt seem to flex too much, BUT ...I would like to stiffen up the rear with a rear strut brace....has anyone installed such a thing and also have they a source to purchase one?

Thanks!

James.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:01 AM   #17
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Veetec Send a message via AIM to Veetec
Quote:
Originally posted by VTiracer
Thanks for the info guys....

Question.....OK...my Civic already has a stock front strut bay which doesnt seem to flex too much, BUT ...I would like to stiffen up the rear with a rear strut brace....has anyone installed such a thing and also have they a source to purchase one?

Thanks!

James.
Normally IŽm just using a strut bar at the front because IMO the front is the weakest point because of the heavy engine. But as far as I know the 4th and 5th gen Prelude are already very stiff so that it was never that necessary for me any ways.
Have a look at the "Important:List of european shops/ brands! " topic here in the europe forum. There are a lot of european shops listed where youŽll definetly find what youŽre looking for. Just watch out that youŽre not going to buy strut bars with pivot points because they wonŽt perform as good as "one-piece-versions". Good brands are Spoon, Neuspeed, Mugen, Comptech, Weapon R (??),....
Veetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 08:26 PM   #18
Vitinho
AF Regular

Talking

Hi,

I now have the front and rear upper stru bar and the diference is big. If you change the front upper bar, you will find that the rear end of the car tend's to slide a bit. After the installation of the rear one, I end up cornering much faster but the rear (it get scary some times ) usually stop's advising its going out . You have to be very fast with the steering and throotle .

One advise, give a few test runs before you buy, you may end up with a conclusion that you don't need that at all. In my case I'm currently runing on a closed circuit with race tires, and for this configuration that's defenetly a must .

Regard,s

Mods:
AEM CAI
Ractive Tripple Core spark cables
Custom mid-section exhaust pipe
Custom 280 x 28 disk brakes
Upgraded front brake callipers
Ferodo Racing pads (DS3000 for track, DS2500 for street)
Front and Rear Struct bar
Yokohama A539 195/55/15 (street use)
Avon Intermediate slick's (Track use)
Kony Sport CoilOver fully adjustable
Energy Suspension Hyperflex bushings

Webmaster of www.vtecpt.com (The portuguese site for Honda and VTEC fans)

Vitinho is offline   Reply With Quote