Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Breeze
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 02:31 PM   #1
alb
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to alb
new owner

what's up guys. i just bought 98 plymouth breeze with 120k. i don't know anything about this car. first question why does the heater blower only work with the last # with the first second and third don't work only with the last one. the trunk won't open with the inside level. i think it's broken. any idea who's foult it is is it the trunk handle or the lock in the trunk. i can open the trunk by key but i can't open it with the handle in the car. and how many horse power this car has i just see a 2.0L plymouth engine in it. what type of engine it is like what's its code etc. can i make any simple modification in my engine so i can add some power, not to much power just like 10-15 hp. thank u for ur reply
alb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 07:15 PM   #2
MrRoscoePC
AF Regular

lock

Check the remote trunk lock isn't on. Its on the right hand side of the latch in front of your knees when you open the trunk. The blower resistor block needs replacing to fix the fan blower problem.
MrRoscoePC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:54 PM   #3
red91sit
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to red91sit
Re: new owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb
what's up guys. i just bought 98 plymouth breeze with 120k. i don't know anything about this car. first question why does the heater blower only work with the last # with the first second and third don't work only with the last one. the trunk won't open with the inside level. i think it's broken. any idea who's foult it is is it the trunk handle or the lock in the trunk. i can open the trunk by key but i can't open it with the handle in the car. and how many horse power this car has i just see a 2.0L plymouth engine in it. what type of engine it is like what's its code etc. can i make any simple modification in my engine so i can add some power, not to much power just like 10-15 hp. thank u for ur reply
On our breeze there is a lever on the trunk by the latching mechanism that you move and it disables the lever. Your cable might be broken too which would really suck. mine is a 97 and it uses a mechanical system. Ours has a valet key too so he can can't get into the trunk at all with the lock on. BTW how are the brakes for you? i absolutely love the brakes on my breeze. lockup at any speed once they are good and warm but they smoke before they fade anyone else have this happen?

::EDIT:: I didnt' understand that other post at first i know get what he means about the remote system for some reason i was thinking it was like a button on the dash of your car

:::EDIT2::: is yours really slow? i'm driving a 2.0l plymouth breeze also and it is ridiculously slow it's an auto so that' doesnt' help. Mine is really slow though it redlines each gear but still takes forever to get to the speelimiter@110
red91sit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:40 PM   #4
Breezin
AF Newbie

Re: Re: new owner

I own a 97 plymouth breeze it has the 2.0 sohc in it but its manual and has 175,000 miles on it but it is in great shape and it ran a 17.4 in the 1/4 mile at Acto Raceway it is pretty fast for a four door sedan with that small of a motor with 132 hp and 129 ft lbs of torque i only have an AEM intake short ram and an Apex N1 muffler.
Breezin is offline   Reply With Quote