Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 11:38 PM   #31
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexB
Vipers are sorta shitty stock, but have tons of potential in their V10's
Ok, sorta' shitty stock?!?!? I would hate to know what you would call other cars stock. As for the Charger Supra debate. All the charger had done to it mainly was the 5 point blower. Had you modded it some more say bye bye to the Supra. The Charger has much more potential depending on the engine. But the Supra will be abl;e to out handle the Charger anyday of the week.
Old 12-06-2001, 08:22 AM   #32
nsn240sx91
AF Newbie

somebody said the supra was AWD....since when? and normally a car with 700hp should produce better ETs then 11's. i personaly don't think Supra's are the best cars for 1/4 mile times.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:02 AM   #33
fastrThanU
AF Enthusiast

the Charger would definetely not have had a Big Block Chev. in it. it probably would have been either a Mopar 440 or 426 HEMI block running that car (i doubt anyone would have had a 318 or 360 in a car like that). i'd have to see it again and look closely to be positive.

11.67@117
"plaster your ass to the back glass"
.... put yer motor where yer mouth is.....

Last edited by fastrThanU; 12-06-2001 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:05 AM   #34
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX
Viper's Shitty!???

Compared to your 900 fwhp civic SURE!

Come on the dodge Viper is, one of, if not the most powerful stock cars the U.S. has put out! Anyone who can say a bad thing about a vipers STOCK power is a complete moron. And, He's probably friends with the guy who says the Supra is AWD! I don't like to be mean, but in a discussion like this lets stick to the facts, not opinons.

If I've said it once I'll say it again..."Opinions are like assholes, everbody has one!"

So, unless it is an opinionated forum, we don't want to hear it!

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
Old 12-06-2001, 11:19 AM   #35
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
Yeah, the viper would probably out accelerate most of the cars it would come up against, nothin like good 'ol fashion domestic power when it comes to that aspect. (Just how i feel about the charger too, but i dunno, im not gettin into that argument.) Domestics are also TRADITIONALLY handling cars, which in road racing and such, helps even out the playing field.

Don't get me wrong or anything, i like the viper, but its a big bodied, heavy car, compared to some others you can find. It would be great to drag, but i personally wouldnt find it practical in everyday use.
representin' Tofu Krew! member #17

Proud member and coat checker of AF's Lazy Krew.....zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz

Old 12-06-2001, 11:31 AM   #36
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

....Speaking of practicality, thats why most young people go toward imports, well i guess Sport Compacts would be a better term, to modify.

As for the fast and the furious, i thought it was a great movie.....to laugh at . I enjoyed it actually, until i walked into the parking lot that night....kids were bein asses in a CROWDED parking lot, a lot of people got into streetracing for all the wrong reasons after that movie.

...oh yeah, the cops and media that ensued afterward put streetracing that took SOME little bit of responsibility into the same category as the teenybopping hollywood "sticker and NAWS" morons that put lots of people in danger in big crowded commercial areas and such. (flame me for it if ya want, i know streetracing is dangerous and can be considered irresponsible either way, but you have to notice that theres a difference between pre-TFATF streetracing and the baby-boom of the rice culture).

I liked the movie though, loved that RX-7, watching it start up and combust through the chambers of its rotary engine leaft me smiling, but, there wasnt enough streetracing, and, after watching it again, i realized how STUPID and corny most of the dialogue was..."its not how you stand by your car, its how you race your car"?!?!?!!! .....wow....thats bad...oh well, i guess hollywood had to make the movie comprehendable to.....well....we know who...

Flame as you wish, im not used to the attitudes and opinions of the people on this forum yet, but would like to know

Old 12-06-2001, 12:59 PM   #37
NJTy180
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NJTy180 Send a message via AIM to NJTy180 Send a message via Yahoo to NJTy180
movie had a good idea, unfortunately it was too fake
Old 12-06-2001, 01:48 PM   #38
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, i have to agree, i think it shouldve been technically accurate, i mean, what would it hurt?!

By the way, NJTy180, bad ass truck in your sig

Old 12-06-2001, 03:11 PM   #39
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AlexB
Vipers suck because they're poorly designed... the new 2002 Z06 is much cheaper and somewhat faster than the viper.
Old 12-06-2001, 03:23 PM   #40
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexB
Vipers suck because they're poorly designed... the new 2002 Z06 is much cheaper and somewhat faster than the viper.
Poorly designed huh? Is that why the GTS-R dominated LeMans? Could you explain that one to me?
Old 12-06-2001, 05:00 PM   #41
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

POORLY DESIGNED?! MY GOD MAN!!!!!!! *hits ya over the head with a strut bar* They ARENT poorly designed! Overly hyped, yes, poorly designed, no. Like Polygon asked, have any proof? Sure, id take the Z06, its a far better value, but that doesnt mean the the viper is poorly designed.

Some cars are just meant to fit certain roles. In road racing, the viper cant corner as gracefully as say, a porsche, but once it gets in a straight line, it makes up for cornering loss.

Well, everyone has their own opinion, i dont like the ergonomics of the viper, personally. I would be interested as to why you think theyre poorly designed. (without comparing to the Z06, that we know is a better value)

Well...errrrr....it doesnt feel right finishing the post like that.....errr....have a nice day...or something

Old 12-06-2001, 05:11 PM   #42
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AlexB
Their engine sucks... V10 doing like 7 miles to the gallon spitting out less than the Chevy small block.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:05 PM   #43
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
the "old" technology in that charger is the same tech in the top fuel cars now... its still a lumpy cam roots blower world, and "old" cars with motors built awhile back still whoop alotta ass...

but yeah, not a single car in that flick was a ten second car.
the supra has 674 with nos on...
and i think the weight is the same or close...

a supra is heavy, 3300 ish, and with all that audio shiet in it, hella fat(as in porky pig)
the charger was stripped out pretty much from the factory, and they dont weigh THAT much... so it would be close...

but as stated, real numbers, not in the movie, the supra is quicker apparently...
Old 12-06-2001, 07:35 PM   #44
bluevette74
Banned

I would have to agree with polygon, vipers are pretty tight! But they dont dominate lemans, the last couple of races vette has finished first and second! The only reason the viper is faster than the z06 is because it has 2.3L more than the vette.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:51 PM   #45
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
le mans note...
the viper is not fully factory backed, and chrysler is getting out of le mans w/ team oreca...
the vettes have a full factory backing, and are running a 6.0 motor in those cars...

and, the new vette is really a 5.3, which has a 2.7 liter disadvantage..
but it is still a 350 somehow... hmm...
its the same motor design as in the new silverados, so yes it is a 5.3...