Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F-Body Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
posiman
AF Newbie

Exclamation 86 camaro irocz

i have a 86 camaro irocz thats fuel injected and it will not start. if i put starting fluid in it, it will run til its all gone there is fuel in the tank but no reading on the gauge on engine. also doesn't smell like fuel near the MAF censor where the throttle is. and if i try to start it without starting fluid in it and press gas down seems to die more. also just replaced fuel pump and filter.
posiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
iroc343
AF Regular

Re: 86 camaro irocz

I'm assuming this is a tuned port injection engine. First thing to do is check for fuel pressure at the fuel rail and let us know what it is. Be careful with the starting fluid, you'll put a rod out with that stuff.
iroc343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
posiman
AF Newbie

Re: 86 camaro irocz

the thing is that there is no reading on the fuel pressure gauge. i fixed the fuel pump because it was backwards. but it starts up and then dies instantly. and the gas pedal still seems like a kill switch. when it starts up in the begining and i give it gas it dies.
posiman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
camaro , issues , starting
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis