Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 06:59 AM   #406
JK.
AF Newbie

Re: Mclaren F1 Reborn - the McLaren P1 Supercar thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini magic View Post
Does anyone know why Mr. Fux sold his green P1?
I was under the impression that it didn't meet reserve
Old 08-24-2016, 07:42 AM   #407
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

I was curious why it was listed in the first place. He's known for keeping a lot of his cars, especially the supercars
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:09 AM   #408
JK.
AF Newbie

He had alot of his car Ferrari's for sale through that auction. Including his matching 599 GTO & SA Aperta, not to mention most of his Porsche collection. (997 Speedster, RS 4.0, 997.1 RS, 997 Cup 4.0, 997 GTS B59, CGT). He also lifted the reserve on his Veyron which only hammered $1m. He has also sold some of his notable cars in the past, his FXX which was the first FXX ever made comes to mind.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #409
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

His P1 is shown as sold on Mecum's website and I certainly heard that it sold during the weekend which I found quite surprising. I'm still not confident there isn't something funny going on here, but time will tell where that car shows up next.

A representative from MSO mentioned that if a new buyer wanted to change the look it would only be a few hundred thousand and if the price I heard was accurate they certainly got a bargain.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:04 PM   #410
JK.
AF Newbie

Well is it did indeed hammer at under $1.8 then he got a mega bargain, considering that 'regular' P1's are trading at above $2.0, and this car has a complete green tinted carbon exterior, and interior, as well as a green tinted carbon tub, which I am almost certain only a handful were specced with the tinted carbon tub when the car was initially in production.

Something funny does appear to be the case in this instance. However we saw a similar case with Don Wallace liquidating a large proportion of his collection over the last couple of years, which included RM's Pinnacle Portfolio at last year's Monterey Car Week. I don't recall any of his cars resurfacing on the market.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:43 PM   #411
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

Don Wallace was not the seller of the Pinnacle Portfolio cars - the ones you would attribute to him had already left his collection a number of years earlier. Rather, those cars all came from a collector who keeps his cars at an airport just north of Orlando and who still has something like 200 cars after letting go of those.

Also, I'm hearing from a reliable source that despite the Mecum theatrics that P1 #002 does not actually have a new owner today and that either the "sale" was not legit or that Mr Fux simply bought his own car back (basically paid the fees).

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peloton25 For This Useful Post:
JK. (08-25-2016)