Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
Spec-V@1320
AF Newbie

Got a spare intake manifold.

I'm kind of in a jam. I was cleaning the car inside and out. The started to clean under the hood . I took off the engine cover and cleaned it. I didn't put the cover back on. So I'm about to go to the store and I start the car and I hear a whistling noise. So I pop the hood and the car is sucking air through the hole on the intake manifold where the bolt goes to hold on the cover. I've never driven the car with the cover off so I called Nissan and they told me that wasn't normal. So I put the bolt back on the intake manifold and took it to the dealership. And the idiots that work in the service department told me they are going to have to call nissan to see if the car is still under warranty because I took off the engine cover. I painted the engine cover silver before the second recall was mailed. And they fixed it but it took them 3 days to fix the wiring harness that was recalled. And I took it again for a weird noise that the car was making. Took them a week to find out what it was. They had to order another part. So I bring it back a week later and it takes them 2 days to fix it. And all the times I've taken th car I made an appoitment. Very bad customer servive at the dealership. Now these idiots are telling me that just because I took off the engine cover the warranty may be denied to fix it. I know tommorow if it is covered. It's a 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec-v and I'm almost half way through with payments. How much does that suck!! Does any one have a spare intake manifold for a QR25DE that goes on a 03 Spec-V that I can purchase from. If you know of an aftermarket one please let me know(I can't find one any where) I know how to rebuild V8s so I think I can put on a intake manifold. I short on money so I would be upset with nissan if they don't honor the warranty. Please I need some help or info.
Spec-V@1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #2
DaxManio
AF Regular

Re: Got a spare intake manifold.

Man that sucks, try checking out your local salvage/junkyard and eBay
DaxManio is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)