Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: wich one
supra any year 37 50.68%
RX-7 any year 28 38.36%
300zx any year 8 10.96%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 09:44 AM   #46
rxtacy
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by IbSaxyGuy14
Don't get an Rx-7 whatever you do cause they have rotary engines and they lock up. They are not great engines at all ... now if you took the rotary engine out then yeah .. but otherwise, no.
ignorance. not great engines? yeah, that's why the '93 rx-7 won import of the year over the supra and 300zx. why don't you tell us why rotaries are no good. i bet you don't have one good reason.
rxtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 09:07 PM   #47
Venger10
AF Enthusiast

Venger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 10:41 PM   #48
sk8nbroslofski
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sk8nbroslofski
oh yeah guys? what if i threw my 91 eclipse into the picture? 1.8L, fwd, about 100 horse...tops. WOO talk about slow! im embarassed to drive it. im waitin til i turn my celica into a supra. then we'll see whats up.
sk8nbroslofski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 10:33 PM   #49
13BDriver
AF Newbie

Ok, if you are going to buy a car for the twisies, go with the 3rd gen. RX7. This car has the perfect 50/50 weight distribution which is obviously ideal for handling. The Supra has the most potential for top-end speed, and can be made a good handling car, but the RX7 has exceptional handling stock. The 300ZX will handle fairly well too, but for me, this car is a bit of a land yacht. Also, the TT version of the 300ZX has non-sequential turbos, which for me isn't a very cool thing. So, I say go for the RX-7.

As far as Hotroder goes, where do you get off calling all of these cars Jap Crap? I have a friend with a newer SS Camaro with the LS1 engine in it, not sure what year because I really don't care. Anyway, I also have a friend with a 2003 WRX. Well, the guy with the SS wanted to race my friend with the WRX. The SS had full exhaust, underdrive pulleys, and a few other bolt-ons. The WRX was BPU'd. Anyway, they decided to race. The WRX pulled about 2 cars on the SS from a stop. Then, they went on the highway, from a 40 roll, the WRX walked the Camaro by 2 cars again, despite the fact that during the race the intercooler piping was coming off. So as far as Jap Crap goes, I think you need to shut your mouth because you don't know what you are talking about. Oh, I guess your main problem with them is that you don't like the way they sound, have you ever heard a WRX with turbo-back exhaust and HKS Carbon Fiber and titanium muffler??? Obviously not, and I bet anyone that has will agree that the car sounds amazing.

Shit, you think all import cars are crap huh, I just bought an RX7 for 300 dollars, and I am going to spend a total of about $4,000 to get the car running the way I want to, once I get done with it, maybe you might want to come find me so I can show you how big of a piece of Jap Crap that I have...I live in the Atlanta area, so if you do too, let me know.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:20 PM   #50
Turbo Thoughts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Turbo Thoughts Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo Thoughts
wowww shows how much most people know...

whether you mind or dont mind replacing the seals on your rotaries isn't the issue... the issue with them is that they only go20% of the time they're expected to, which means you'd replace 'em in time. otherwise they just go while you're screaming down the track or highway.

ill give you a rundown of what exactly happens when this happens.

when a seal breaks, the compressed air and gas will leak into another chamber thats taking in air which means is has access to the fuel rail and fuel supply. So, what this means is when that spark plug fires it'll ignight whats supposed to be burned and the preceeding chamber, which means it'll get burned up to the fuel pump and all that.

maybe you've noticed ebay or salvage sites, that half the salvage titles are from ENGINE fires.

the RX-7's are not jut any old cars. they require frequent oil changes, and unlike piston engines you cannot get away with not letting the car warm up or overrevs.

they're GREAT cars if you know them and have done your homework on them... otherwise you'll end up with the other poor saps who wind up with an engineless car.
Turbo Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:32 PM   #51
Turbo Thoughts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Turbo Thoughts Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo Thoughts
also.... theres no way that lt1 beat a mistubishi twin turbo.... those things fucking fly. and theres no way, unless you're already at 10 seconds, you touched it in third gear (manual i hope you were talking). now, if it were an SL, especially an automoatic, which most of them are, you probly ripped it a new one. but i've been with my bud inhis VR-4, and we made it from Old bridge to elizabeth, NJ, in about 10 minutes... this is NORMALLY a 45 minutes, no traffic or hour-hour +1/2 in rush hour traffic, and it was 3:30 about when traffic was picking up.

dont get me wrong. i love cars. my fantasy garage would be a two car with one427ci equipped car on one side and an R33 or MK2 MR2 turbo or NSX on the other, but i'm calling major bullshit on what you rice flamer domestic car fans in here are laying claim to
Turbo Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 02:03 PM   #52
ttspool
AF Newbie

I personally don't see whats so hard to believe about an lt1 beating a VR-4. sure the vr-4 is fast off the line but after that they slow down tremendously. the top end isn't exactly spectacular. last time I looked the vr-4 was a 14 sec car.
ttspool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 02:07 PM   #53
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Quote:
Originally posted by ttspool
I personally don't see whats so hard to believe about an lt1 beating a VR-4. sure the vr-4 is fast off the line but after that they slow down tremendously. the top end isn't exactly spectacular. last time I looked the vr-4 was a 14 sec car.
Try 13.5 and the Stealth is a few ticks faster. The top end won't run with an LS1 but it'll stay with an lt1. As for hard to believe - no its not. The cars are close enough that the dirver makes the difference.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 07-05-2003, 02:46 PM   #54
EVO 03
AF Newbie

supra's kill all!
Old 07-05-2003, 05:49 PM   #55
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Quote:
Originally posted by EVO 03
supra's kill all!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 07-05-2003, 06:32 PM   #56
rxtacy
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by EVO 03
supra's kill all!
maybe on the straightaway, but not in the turns.
rxtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:12 AM   #57
ShinRekka
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ShinRekka
I love my Z

I love my 300ZX TT , even though it is a little cramped to work on there is bearly anything that goes wrong. The stock 300ZX SMZ comes with 365hp stock. I beat the shit out of this car everyday on the way to work and especialy on the way back. But im thinkin of sellin it all and buying a 240Z and puttin a Chevy V8 in it, and wile Im at it a widebody kit with nice wire wheels on it. I am never going to buy another non-nissan/datsun again. I've done alot with nissans, theres so much mods available for them. I have also owned a 240SX with an SR20DET, I had also beat the shit out of that car and it kept on going with no problems, its pretty quick because its light and the SR20DET also responds well to mods (The original KA24 responded better and i recomend turboing that insetead of doing the SR swap). But it you do decide the get an RX7 get a 1990 or 1991, they are very reliable, very quick and they have airbags. Any newer RX7 will give most people problems. I've raced supras and won but I rarely see them. I dont even like the way they look, but if you like it thats a good car too. Chances are you wont find a 300ZX smz because they are what i hear very rare. 300ZX twin turbo's are not that uncommon and dont cost alot to get to 400hp. Whowever says there unreliable should be shot, come on its a nissan. The Z is apart of japanese racing history and is widley recognized as a great car all around. It was on car and drivers top 10 from 1990-1996 and that was all the years that the Z32 came out, in the US anyway. Go to

www.carsurvey.org - see what other people say about there cars

www.zcarparts.com - very wide variety of Z parts, if you get one this is the place to buy your aftermarket products.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:07 AM   #58
Nateness
AF Newbie

If you dont mind only having two seats, have you considered a MkII MR2? very similar to the FD RX-7's in performance... the differences maybe being that the MR2 maybe a lil on the slower side stock.... the 3S-GTE takes modifications fairly well, and it too has a close 50/50 weight distrabution(Being a midengined car also helps for the twisties)... and a pretty decent MR2 Turbo.. like a 1995 with 80K mi would go for around 11k.. heh dont quote me on that, but that seems to be what it's goin for around here... if you can find em.
Nateness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 08:15 PM   #59
Salsa Whore
AF Newbie

Opinion

Ok, I don't know if anyone still looks at this thread seeing as the last entry was almost three months ago, but I'm gonna post this anyway.

I've always wanted an Rx7 over all the other mid-nineties hotrods.........even though I've read about all the problems they've had........now, I have an '86 Audi Coupe GT, and y'all probably can't help me 'cause you're all Jap knowledgeables.........but I was wondering if it was just worth it to keep my Audi with all of the crap that I need to fix on it or if I should think about trying to sell it and look for an Rx7? ANY advise would be welcome........thanks.
Salsa Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:53 AM   #60
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Typing this in a seperate window as I read the posts in order....easier this way.

First off...Phatdex...you're an idiot. There are many mods you can do on these cars and They are very fast, reliable, and comfortable right from the beginning. It's one of the best engines ever built. If you blow one up, you have some REALLY SERIOUS issues.

Hotroder...don't even need to say anything to you....you're banned....what an idiot.

Hell yea, Venger10

$20-25000 VR4? What the hell?!?
What is your infatuation with SOUND!?!? Who CARES?!?! Besides...the V-6 doesn't sound like a civic mosquito like you're thinking of. Stoner.

You're my idol, [AK]Zip. I think I've talked to you before about how much I would kill to have your garage....don't you have a Z06 now, too?

And I no longer have to say anything else cuz ShinRekka just said it all for me. I love you... And I would KILL for an SMZ.........**drool**
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons