Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 04:42 AM   #1
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Exclamation Did Opel copy Renault ?

The new Opel Signum is very near in the style from the Vel Satis. What do you think ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 200332715357_signum.jpg (28.0 KB, 33 views)

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:57 PM   #2
edonis
AF Enthusiast

You know, I've never thought about this before, but it seems you are right! The Opel's end is far more sucsessful than Renault's though, and the interior is ofcoarse different. Same concept, though, and from the side, the "window-arch" looks EXACTLY the same.. Just as copy catters as Honda Accord/Mazda 6
edonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 06:18 PM   #3
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

I prefer the look of the Opel a little bit but inside the Vel Satis is far much better. The comfort, the built quality and the space inside is excellent.
And personnaly, at this price, I'd prefer having a Renault with a better image in this category than Opel !

Old 07-31-2003, 02:19 PM   #4
AC_A340-500
AF Enthusiast

I agree with the similarity between the two.

Have you noticed the similarity between the looks of the car dealerships themselves? Both have yellow signs and colour schemes. Ok, I'm off topic.
AC_A340-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 01:53 PM   #5
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Indeed for the coulors.... but Renault has nothing to deal with Opel

Old 01-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #6
sl-class
AF Newbie

maybe opel copy renault (i find not), but the signum sells well europe and the vel satis not. the vel satis you could only find in france, but in germany not. the germans find the vel satis ugly
sl-class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 11:17 AM   #7
sl-class
AF Newbie

maybe opel copy renault (i find not), but the signum sells well in europe and the vel satis not. you could only find the vel satis in france, but in germany not. the germans find the vel satis ugly.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:35 PM   #8
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Did Opel copy Renault ?

Mhhh, The Signum doesn't sell better than the Vel Satis... and is nor nicer ! The French don't find the Vel Satis very nice neither. personnaly, I like the way Renault dared.
As the Signum is concerned, it's an ersatz ! the built quality is not excellent, the comfort is very rude... the Vel Satis, except its design, is an excellent car, that's a big difference between the Opel and the Renault (well built, engeneered, etc.).

Guten Abend mein Freud !

Old 01-02-2004, 01:51 PM   #9
sl-class
AF Newbie

@Stefanel1: Guten Abend!
Haste eigentlich schon mal aus dem Fenster geschaut? Also wo ich wohn, fahren ziemlich viele Signums rum, Vel Satis siehste hier nie.

Die Qualität von Opel ist zudem besser als der Ruf von Opel!! Und die Qualität ist bei Renault nicht gerade der Renner, wie du jetzt tust! Schau dir mal auto, motor und sport Ausgabe 20 oder so an, weiß ich grad nich auswendig, da hat der Renault Laguna nicht gerade gut abgeschnitten. Der hatte sogar einen oder zwei total Ausfälle. Sowas findeste bei Opel nicht!

Wann biste denn das letzte mal in nen Opel mitgefahren? 1980??

a bientôt monsieur!
Old 01-03-2004, 02:58 AM   #10
AC_A340-500
AF Enthusiast

Re: Did Opel copy Renault ?

I was over at my local Opel dealership a few weeks back and had a look at the Signum. I thought it was quite nice. Especially inside. A lot of attention to detail, and the materials (seats, dashboard, door panels etc.) seemed to be of high quality.
Both models are still quite rare in Germany, but they've only been on the market for a short time, don't forget. Not to mention, they're aimed at the luxury car segment. (I don't see many of the new 5 and 7 Series BMW's on the road here in Germany either.)
AC_A340-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 04:36 PM   #11
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Did Opel copy Renault ?

SL500 : ich werde in English sprechen wenn du willst, weil mein Deutsch nicht sehr gut ist, und die offiziale Sprache hier, ist Englisch... aber, je peux également parler en Français histoire de mettre le bazar... o posso parlare l'Italiano, è una bella lingue, e molte belle macchine e ragazze in Italia... ouh.... I should stop drinking

So, I know Opel, my father had an Omega 2.5TD (mit the TDS BMW - 130ch) and a Sintra 2.2 16s... The Oméga was a good car, not as good as his previous cars (Citroën XM V6, Mercedes 230TE, Volvo 745 Turbo, Renualt Espace TS) but the Sintra was really poor. The built quality of the Twingo is better (the price and year are not the same !), the engine was rude and not powerful (the HDI 110hp of the Evasion is more powerfull), the handling not excellent at all and the comfort not good nor.
So yes, I know Opel, but I don't really like (except some models : Speedster, Bertone). And to compare the Vel Satis with the Signum, don't forget that the Signum comes from a Vectra modificated. So I maintain, the Vel Satis is better built, has a better comfort.
The sales are not excellent. In Germany there must be quite few Vel Satis, as in France there are very few Signum. But if you go on a "neutral" market, Italy, Norway, Denmark, etc., the Vel Satis sells a little bit more. Not many but a little bit more.