Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
cutthroat1117
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to cutthroat1117
...Call me crazy...

But I think the 05's have a kind of Muscle Car feel to 'em.

Correct me if Im wrong, or just stupid, but I think a Hemi Big block MAY just be able to squeeze into the engine compartment. My idea is to put on one of those old style Blowers that stick up out of the hood. Then put a side exhaust on it, install some decent performance pulleys and so-on.

First and foremost: Wouldnt work as a FWD, so im gonna convert it to AWD. Any body else see any flaws in this idea?
cutthroat1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #2
nisco
Tib Guy

Send a message via AIM to nisco Send a message via MSN to nisco
Re: ...Call me crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat1117
But I think the 05's have a kind of Muscle Car feel to 'em.

Correct me if Im wrong, or just stupid, but I think a Hemi Big block MAY just be able to squeeze into the engine compartment. My idea is to put on one of those old style Blowers that stick up out of the hood. Then put a side exhaust on it, install some decent performance pulleys and so-on.

First and foremost: Wouldnt work as a FWD, so im gonna convert it to AWD. Any body else see any flaws in this idea?
wow..........
ok well the AWD swap has been discussed (maybe not here but on other boards), youll have to have a fuel cell fabricated, and relocate suspension parts... there goes your trunk...
ohh well you wouldnt need a trunk anyway if you want to go awd... with a hemi (HA!)

well with awd, youre more pronoe to more things breaking, more moving parts more of a possibility to break things...

so my word of advice (to everyone whos gonna start to mod their car) is:
if you cant afford to fix it, dont mod it...

youre looking at alot of money being spent on something that could be a nightmare...you better start doing your research....

ohh yeah and forget the thought of the hemi

my sig made mommies cry, thats why i had to change it..
nisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:31 PM   #3
scottsee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to scottsee

The Tuscon 2.0l is the same as the Tiburon 2.0l. I would venture out on a limb and say you could bolt the 4cy Tuscon tranny/AWD system on. I would only be guessing on what you would need for the swap. It's an electronicly controled AWD that has its own, seprete ecu. If possable.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #4
tibby01
AF Enthusiast

side exhausts and performance pulleys shouldnt even be entering your mind.

you would have to do massive work to the firewall with a sledge hammer. you would have to do something along the entire length of the car to account for the rear driveshaft running underneath. forget about all luxury items too. no ac(hell, no ventilation at all), no power steering.

also, forget about turning. your car will be so nose heavy, and no amount of corner balancing with the coilovers you will HAVE to buy will help.

those things that stick out of the hood on muscle cars are just larger carbs, not "blowers"
tibby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:15 PM   #5
cutthroat1117
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to cutthroat1117
Re: Re: ...Call me crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby01
side exhausts and performance pulleys shouldnt even be entering your mind.

you would have to do massive work to the firewall with a sledge hammer. you would have to do something along the entire length of the car to account for the rear driveshaft running underneath. forget about all luxury items too. no ac(hell, no ventilation at all), no power steering.

also, forget about turning. your car will be so nose heavy, and no amount of corner balancing with the coilovers you will HAVE to buy will help.

those things that stick out of the hood on muscle cars are just larger carbs, not "blowers"
Ironic that the Firewall's all you're worried about. Ive got some buddies whos first concern was that "Dude, with THAT much power in THAT lil car, if you really pushed it off the line, the frame would just plain buckle."

Which is why I was hoping that... well, maybe Foose would have a name on this Forum and give a little insight.

I also realize that this is a $25,000 car. And just gutting, preparing, installing and insuring that the engine WORKS alone would probably equal the window value of this bad boy.

Everyone's got their crazy dreams, i guess
cutthroat1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #6
nisco
Tib Guy

Send a message via AIM to nisco Send a message via MSN to nisco
Re: Re: Re: ...Call me crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat1117
Ironic that the Firewall's all you're worried about. Ive got some buddies whos first concern was that "Dude, with THAT much power in THAT lil car, if you really pushed it off the line, the frame would just plain buckle."

Which is why I was hoping that... well, maybe Foose would have a name on this Forum and give a little insight.

I also realize that this is a $25,000 car. And just gutting, preparing, installing and insuring that the engine WORKS alone would probably equal the window value of this bad boy.

Everyone's got their crazy dreams, i guess
wow chip foose... cool guy.... he'll save your tib!

quick question how old are you , and what prior experience do you have with cars?

25k? you paid 25k for your tib?!
dude you got ripped teh fuck off...

its actually quite easy to get the tib into the high HP range, well easier than ever before, but yes.. its quite expensive, but not as expensive as you think...

the frame would buckle and torque and twist in any car with alot of power, thats why you add suspension and frame stieffining mods...

my sig made mommies cry, thats why i had to change it..
nisco is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani