Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 06:59 AM   #1
ffcohpin
AF Newbie

performance vs handling

I know that it is a too vague question. But please respond. I really want

to know and need experienced and skilled drivers' opinions

If I have to choose the performance or the handling, what do I have to

go with? I mean, what do I have to choose if I am thinking of a car with

the brilliant handling and a car with the outstanding engine performance.

For example, rx-8 has the wonderful handling, and 350z has the awsome

accelaration but rx-8 handles better than 350z. Of course, 350z is

faster than rx-8. Without any modification, if they race in street, which

car would win after all? what if they are modded? I am not an expert

about cars and street racing stuffs so I need experts' advices. Of

course, everyone wants both. But if I have to pick one of them, what

do I have to pick?

p.s. how about rx-8 and wrx and 350z?

Thank you.
ffcohpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:51 AM   #2
westpak
AF Regular

Re: performance vs handling

The RX8 doesn't handle that much better than the 350Z if at all, I have driven both and the RX8 is just not even close, it has anemic throttle response and the handling didn't impress me it shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation as the Z.
03 350Z 401 RWHP GREDDY TT KIT / HyperGround System / Fujitsubo Legalis R Exhaust / Japtrix Y-Pipe / Kinetix Test Pipes / Nismo Swaybars & Flywheel / Eibach Springs / Front Brembo Brakes / Xdrilled-Slotted Rotors / RAYS Track Wheels / Clear Side Markers / Nismo Style Wing

90 300ZX TT 315 RWHP / Eibach Springs/ST Swaybars/Carbing Strut Bars/JWT Intake/Down Pipes/Japtrix Test Pipes & catback

South Florida Z Car Club
westpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:31 AM   #3
<SSR>David
Banned

west is correct. I test drove the RX-8 before I drove the 350z and truely the handling is not that much different. Rotory is a powerful and an awsome engine, but I would still have to give the RX-8 a tumbs down. The responds was just horrific. Maybe it was the test car, but it was not good. The handling was on the ok side, but so is the 350z. Subaru made an awsome ride WRX. Turbocharged with four wheel drive power is almost unbeatable. Well thats what I think =) It really depends on what type of racing your talking about. Just like everyone here you want a daily driver right??? o.0 350z is an awsome daily driver car, but it is also an awsome weekend race car. When I test drove the WRX, it had power, handling was just awsome, and everything was just perfect. The only reason why I didn't get it is because I am afriad of Four wheel drive cars...Its because I don't understand how they work..=P Anyways that was the only reason why I did not get the WRX or the Evo. (Seriously they are both awsome cars) RX-8 is not a very good car. RX-7 is much better. (weird) As I said before...I believe it depends on what kind of racing your talking about. Street drag racing...go with the WRX, track racing...go with the 350z, WRX, or the EVO, supra, NSX, and some other cars, ricer racing...350z or the WRX. ^^ Hope this help even a little bit. Im so unorganized.
<SSR>David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:47 AM   #4
westpak
AF Regular

Re: performance vs handling

The STi and EVO8 are awesome cars in the power department and handling but I didn't feel they would make too good of a daily driver, I drove the EVO8 and it is just too stiff.
03 350Z 401 RWHP GREDDY TT KIT / HyperGround System / Fujitsubo Legalis R Exhaust / Japtrix Y-Pipe / Kinetix Test Pipes / Nismo Swaybars & Flywheel / Eibach Springs / Front Brembo Brakes / Xdrilled-Slotted Rotors / RAYS Track Wheels / Clear Side Markers / Nismo Style Wing

90 300ZX TT 315 RWHP / Eibach Springs/ST Swaybars/Carbing Strut Bars/JWT Intake/Down Pipes/Japtrix Test Pipes & catback

South Florida Z Car Club
westpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:13 PM   #5
<SSR>David
Banned

a set of nice teins would fix =)
<SSR>David is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe