Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
carbuyer2
AF Newbie

Buying used SUV. NEED HELP!!!

Guys, my wife and I are going to buy a used SUV to replace our Nissan Altima. We recently had our first child, and we have to have the extra room as we travel to my in laws quite a bit. We have found 3 this week we are interested in, but I need some expert opinions! As you all know, asking price is not what we'll pay, but I am going to include the dealers listed asking price just for reference. Thanks for any help!!!

1. 2005 Chevy Tahoe LT, 119,498 miles, asking $13,963
leather, DVD, 3rd row seat, sun roof, and more

2. 2006 Cadillac SRX, 108,253 miles, asking $13,990
leather, 3rd row seat, sun roof, and more

3. 2004 Cadillac Escalade, 92,145 miles, asking $17,999
leather, DVD, 3rd row seat, 6 disc changer, fairly loaded!
carbuyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
4x4 blazerguy
AF Regular

Re: Buying used SUV. NEED HELP!!!

First off I would never buy from a dealer unless I know the owner personally. They will rip you off in one or more ways while you go off thinking you got a good deal they are sitting in their office laughing at how they got over on you. I worked as a line mechanic in dealerships in my younger days & sometime the sales people would come into the shop lunch room laughing about how they stuck it to someone.
Buy off of Craigslist, Ebay, your local rag paper etc. You save a lot of money that way. Private sellers lots etc.
Go to Kelly Blue Book on-line figure out what you want, mileage, options, etc. look up wholesale & private party in GOOD condition not Excellent Find a price in between as the price you are willing to pay & stick to it. Never be in a hurry on any deal. Have CASH in hand. If you have to make payments take care of the financing in advance from your bank, credit union.
Good deals can be had from Rental Companies. Many Credit Unions finance buying from certain rental companies. Sometime you can buy what you want right at the Credit Union you belong to.
I buy all my vehicles used for Cash. Buying for cash saves big dollars on insurance also.
4x4 blazerguy is offline   Reply With Quote