Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 04:36 AM   #16
Ground Rat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ground Rat
Re: Re: most overrated cars????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman10587
Cadillac Escalade.
Explain.
'92 Typhoon #591
Old 07-01-2004, 04:41 AM   #17
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587
Re: most overrated cars????

It's no better (in fact, I think it is worse) than luxury SUV offerings from German and Japanese automakers, yet it manages to sell extremely well. I think it's because so many athletes and rock stars ride around in it because it's so big.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:56 AM   #18
Ground Rat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ground Rat

And rappers. I see what you mean.
'92 Typhoon #591
Old 07-01-2004, 06:30 AM   #19
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savior1974
lol I forgot about the NSX..... "I got a 80K super car!!!" (Yeah, with the same EXACT interior as a honda civic dx, and less performance than a trans am.) I never heard the trans am being called a super car. So why would a slower car be called one?????? Should be called a super waste of money!

Also the "older" GTO is a american ICON!!!! And the new GTO can't even beat the car it replaced (WS6) In any type of track. Also, I thought it was a muscle car? Where's the muscle???? I don't see muscle anywhere? Not in the body or in the engine. The sad part is I laughed when I heard Pontiac trying to hype up the car at the LA AUTO SHOW. " It has 325 hp and runs 1/4 mile in 13.8 seconds" Also, why is it slower when it hasTrue Dual Exhaust????
Wrong, I'm sure that the GTO/Monaro will cream a Firebird on a proper road course. The suspension set up is many times superior. Sorry.

The Pontiac GTO was only good for a few years back in the 60's, then it turned into a big festering turd after that, be glad the Monaro isn't a turd like the last GTO.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 07-01-2004, 10:05 AM   #20
camaroincal
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to camaroincal

Whats with bashing the new Eclipse V6? They are decently quick, get good gas mileage, and look great.. They are a TAD slower than the GS-T and GS-X, but throw a turbo on the V6 and you'll be smoking them. Also, probably the reason Mits ditched the AWD and turbos is reliability issues.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:26 AM   #21
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

i would have to agree with a few people on the skyline. a lot of people make the skyline out more than what it is. the only reason i would want one is becasue of the rarity factor. plus, it doesn't even look that cool.

ZedEx Crew Member #2
Old 07-01-2004, 10:37 AM   #22
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroincal
Whats with bashing the new Eclipse V6? They are decently quick, get good gas mileage, and look great.. They are a TAD slower than the GS-T and GS-X, but throw a turbo on the V6 and you'll be smoking them. Also, probably the reason Mits ditched the AWD and turbos is reliability issues.
What makes you think Mitsubishi ditched AWD and Turbo? Well on the Eclipse they did, but not as a company.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:13 AM   #23
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

gonna have to disagree on the GTO.
I wasn't a fan until last week when rhys millen ran his GTO up pikes peak. he ran a 13:08,and since he had no power steering the whole way up(pontiac quality) that is really fast. It was 490 hp, but rwd in the mud has its disadvantages with a few mods this car is somethin else. he was beating up in subarus in the mud. that is just incredible.

Most overated car: new minis, they turned a cool little classic into a chick car
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
Old 07-01-2004, 01:28 PM   #24
Joseph1082
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Joseph1082

just wanted to note... the GTO has 350HP not 325, and it fits the muscle car persona exactly... a muscle car was a car that didn't look like it had balls... a corvette isn't a muscle car, an STI or a GTO are, family sedans that could smoke a sports tuned Type R, that is muscle.

BTW I still don't like it, it has nothing to do w/ the old GTO, and isn't even a new car, it is a Holden rebadged for america.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:56 PM   #25
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

i disagree with the gto not bieng muscle and or fast. that car is the same as a camaro ss which imo is nice and fast. let those who have it get use to it first, its been ran at 13.6(you call that turtle?)
that car is by no means a slouch!
Old 07-01-2004, 02:45 PM   #26
camaroincal
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to camaroincal
Re: Re: Re: most overrated cars????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000ways
What makes you think Mitsubishi ditched AWD and Turbo? Well on the Eclipse they did, but not as a company.
I was referring to the Eclipse AWD and turbo technology. I'm pretty positve the EVO line is bread from a completely different turbo/AWD development concept and function.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:59 PM   #27
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX
The fundamental change in the eclipse was due to Mitsubishi's attempt to make the eclipse a car for a much older market still looking for sport quality... From what I heard the transformation has turned young people completely off the eclipse, and it hasn't really hit with older drivers.

As for useless cars, I will get insane heat for this, but the Porsche Boxter (Not S) is very useless... It seems to me that the boxter is for people wanting a porsche just to say they have a porsche...The 228hp engine is hardly Porsche worthy and I think is a modified Jetta VR6 engine
Old 07-01-2004, 03:03 PM   #28
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

No, the DSM has the exact same engine as the Evo, the 4G63 I think it's called.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:29 PM   #29
ZSmasher
AF Newbie

I had my money on the pinto when it first came out.. They over rated that thing! Im still getting over the shock. Thats my number 1!
Old 07-01-2004, 03:52 PM   #30
ZSmasher
AF Newbie

Actually the most overrated cars in my opinion, are all Mitsubishi's. They are over all unreliable cars for the money, the 4g63 engine is not a built engine, even in the evo 8. You try and up the boost and do a few other mods on any Mitsu car from the TSI to the EVO, and you are going to run into major reliability problems. Im sure I will get perverbially bitch slapped for saying this.. but its just my opinion and experiance.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons