Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
in2classx
AF Newbie

Smile Engine Swap 1996 4.3 S10 Engine Going In A 1991 Blazer What Changes In Exchange

WE ARE PUTTING AN NEWER 1996 4.3 INTO AN OLDER 1991 BLAZER.
WE NEED TO KNOW THE DIRECTION OF THE WATER PUMP I BELIEVE THAT THE WATER PUMPS ON BOTH THE 91 MOTOR AND THE 96 MOTOR ARE DRIVEN IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS OF EACH OTHER, IS THIS CORRECT?
WHAT COMPLETE CHANGES IF THIS IS TRUE NEED TO BE DONE TO MAKE THIS A SUCCESSFUL SWAP?
ALSO CAN I TAKE A MOTOR THAT IS SET UP WITH A ROLLER CAM AND SWAP IT OVER TO A HYDROLIC CAM SHAFT AND LIFTERS WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE LIFTER BORES?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
CAROL
in2classx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Re: Engine Swap 1996 4.3 S10 Engine Going In A 1991 Blazer What Changes In Exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2classx
WE ARE PUTTING AN NEWER 1996 4.3 INTO AN OLDER 1991 BLAZER.
WE NEED TO KNOW THE DIRECTION OF THE WATER PUMP I BELIEVE THAT THE WATER PUMPS ON BOTH THE 91 MOTOR AND THE 96 MOTOR ARE DRIVEN IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS OF EACH OTHER, IS THIS CORRECT?
WHAT COMPLETE CHANGES IF THIS IS TRUE NEED TO BE DONE TO MAKE THIS A SUCCESSFUL SWAP?
ALSO CAN I TAKE A MOTOR THAT IS SET UP WITH A ROLLER CAM AND SWAP IT OVER TO A HYDROLIC CAM SHAFT AND LIFTERS WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE LIFTER BORES?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
CAROL
Welcome to AF.
Upper class letters is considered shouting
And is hard to read.
We can hear you good over the tube.

A 96 engine to a 91 you will have to change all wiring and engine and trans computer from the 96.
Or in other word everything from the 96.
Including transmission.
Plus fuel tank and fuel pump and fuel from a 96.
I would say.
You would be better off just buying a 95-96 blazier.
Good Luck
MT

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis