Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 07:18 AM   #1
TVR Tuscan Type R
Banned

Angry BMW – A car for the person with no self-respect! ! ! !

I have investigated the type of people who drive BMW’s and have come to the same conclusion as many others here in ENGLAND! What they say is true! “People who drive BMW’s are either drug dealers, pimps or thugs!- Any self respecting driver would take a look at the BMW organisation and realise that they have no honour!”

Once you seen a BMW, you’ve seen the lot! There’s no difference! And how boring is the 3 series! It looks like and grandfathers Sunday drive! BORING!

Why do people, who have no idea how to drive, continue to support and purchase this disgraceful vehicle? Have they no shame!

I have recently been in the hunt for a new company car and was told that the BMW 3 series was all that’s on offer! I handed in my notice there and then! No way I was going to disrespect and lower myself to even sit in a BMW! The boss later said, “Choose anything in the price range, but don’t leave”! Having evaluated the various options in this class it was evident that there was two clear possibilities; The Jaguar ‘X’ Type – A smashing drive that puts the BMW to shame, and has a higher class of drivers. Or new to the sector MG Rover ZT! –Having driven both cars I can safely say I have never driven a car under the £20 000 price tag that drives like the MG ZT! Fast is an understatement! Handling was nothing less than amazing! Looks to die for! And above all, it’s from the company that BMW tried to close down!

To get anything similar to the performance and drive from a BMW, You would have to purchase M3! And HOW MUCH IS THAT?

Everyone here is trying to run up all the miles so they can replace their car sooner. . . for an MG ZT!

Do yourself a favour, an honour yourself by purchasing the MG!

Lee Moffatt – Now laughing at all the BMW’s (In the rear view mirror!)
Old 04-12-2002, 03:37 AM   #2
pauld1
AF Newbie

You obviously have a very small brain and have nothing esle better to do than post silly comments on here. I won't even attempt to defend BMW as the reputation speaks for itself.:smoker: :smoker:

Now why dont you FU** off and post silly comments somewhere else
Old 04-12-2002, 04:20 AM   #3
TVR Tuscan Type R
Banned

BMW reputation speaks for itself?

Your reply is very very true!

BMW's ( :finger: )reputation does speak for itself! They are the people who tried to close Rover! Yes the company was losing over £2 Million a day! But it also held, or recently held a huge market share in the English market that BMW (:finger: )wanted for itself! So they bought Rover with the strict request from the British Government that they had to invest heavily into the business. That’s why you had a massive investment in the manufacturing plant by BMW(:finger: ). They however refused any and all new design for cars keeping the current range that where already outdated! The new Rover 75 (Remarkable car) was actually designed without BMW(:finger: ) knowledge! It got to a stage where BMW could not refuse this design as it had gone too far down the line! Just look at BMW (:finger: )and rovers time together, no new cars, no design concepts . . . . I saw designers just sitting around doing nothing month after month! Then BMW (:finger: ) said enough is enough! And said they are closing Rover at a cost of hundreds of thousands of jobs (With a researched knock-on effect leading to over million people out of work!). BMW (:finger: ) did not look for potential buyers for Rover (As this would counteract there original purchase reason – To close Rover). When this came to light, everyone slated BMW. Main dealers had cars damaged by acid, bricks etc. People were embarrassed to be seen driving a BMW (:finger: ).

Just look how long the new group in charge has taken to develop and introduce new cars (The group BMW (:finger: ) refused to sell to, Until the Government stepped in) New cars ready for 2004 and the New MG range!

You talk about reputation speaking for itself! Your correct, it does!
Do yourself a favour STOP EMBARRESSING YOURSELF, YOUR NOT THAT MUCH OF A LOW LIFE TO DRIVE A BMW (:finger: ), NOBODY IS! (well maybe people like Saddam Hussain, Osama Bin Laden and the like. . . )

Lee Moffatt
Old 04-12-2002, 04:41 AM   #4
pauld1
AF Newbie

When I said their reputation speaks for themselves I meant that thousands of people and the motoring press cannot be wrong. It is commonly accepted that the 3 series is the outright winner in the small executive saloon class. BMW make some of the best quality mass produced cars in the world, FACT. I own a 2002 330d sport and I can honestly say that it is the finest car I have ever owned.

I think your comments are unfounded and you are just looking to annoy people on here, why else would you come to a BMW forum and post these kind of remarks.

As I mentioned earlier, experts throught out the world praise BMW's and with respect would know far more than yourself, so stop embarassing yourself any further and go and find somewhere else to wind people up.
Old 04-12-2002, 05:35 AM   #5
TVR Tuscan Type R
Banned

Unfounded?

I will have to disagree with you on two instances, Firstly my statements detailing the manner in which BMW tried to close Rover are completely true, I was there working as a Quality Engineer and involved in communications daily! The figures that I provided was said to be true, as indicated in the subsequent Government investigation into the actions of BMW in this situation. Over 400 000 workers plus sub contracted organisations and businesses in and around the local areas. You can log onto the government web site for proof.
Secondly, I Must hole heartedly disagree with your statement with regards to the press and media agreeing to the fact that the BMW leads the class! Yes the 3 series class is in fact known as the 3 series class; however, I must revive a recent top gear magazine front page that commented like this “Disclosed! The best 3 series class car – And its not a BMW” Or words to that effect! The winner in this group was actually the Audi A4, and as I read, it was down to the lower class of drivers such as sales advisors (of the telesales, fields sales type) the BMW has. Whilst the Audi catered for the more higher class driver (Sales Managers, Works Managers)

Also, as a weekly subscriber to Autocar (The best car magazine ever) they to don't hold the BMW in the highest regards (Very good car they say! Just not the best

The reason I was on the BMW area of the Forum is down to a work mate on my laptop, so I carried on from where he left off!

Lots of sympathy on your purchase (Just think what you could have bought!)

Lee Moffatt
Old 04-12-2002, 05:59 AM   #6
pauld1
AF Newbie

No need to offer sympathy for my purchase, I am over the moon with my car. As for Rover, no wonder BMW pulled the plug, quality was absolutly discraceful and if you worked for them you must have realised what a load of sh** they were turning out at the Rover factories. I have no sympathy for the employees as I am sure they are all a lazy and incompetent workforce.

I wouldn't of owned up to being an employee if I were you as you must be very ashamed of the terrible cars that you produced.

At least now I can see why you have such a grudge against BMW and their drivers.

Just try to get over it and grow up!!!
Old 04-12-2002, 01:46 PM   #7
agapehme
AF Enthusiast

???

Hey there TVR Tuscan Type R, could you tell all of us what is it that you do for a living?

Old 04-12-2002, 04:08 PM   #8
def
AF Newbie

Your looking at a Jaguar and you say 3 series looks like grandfathers Sunday drive??? Its clear your taste is in your mouth!!

Its best people like you don't end up in a BMW of any type anyway. Buy a terd like the Jaguar or MG and go on your way. :finger:
Old 04-13-2002, 06:43 AM   #9
agapehme
AF Enthusiast

BMW....grandfathers Sunday drive!!!

Hey there TVR Tuscan Type R, what's the hold up??

Tell all of us what is it that you do for a living?

Old 04-14-2002, 11:59 AM   #10
jinushaun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jinushaun
Quote:
Originally posted by def
Your looking at a Jaguar and you say 3 series looks like grandfathers Sunday drive??? Its clear your taste is in your mouth!!
Word!

IMO, E46 is the most beautiful saloon styling. Simple and stylish. Clean curves. Nice shape. Wanna talk about grandfathers, look at the Jag or Merc. As for the MG, it definitely has the bang-for-buck factor, but they don't offer it in the states. Plus, are they even in the same class as the 3er? If not, no comparison.

Jinushaun: Nation Leprechaun
Old 04-15-2002, 10:16 AM   #11
csieminski
AF Regular

I second the comments of pauld1.

I do like the Jag X-Type, but would never buy one. I also think the Audi A4 is an excellent car, and might buy one. However BMW, and the 3-Series specifically in this market, is my first choice.

agapehme, that's a sweet 3-Series you have. The new wheels look really good on the E36.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:32 PM   #12
325Driver
AF Newbie

OMG, man you crack me up, YOU F#CKING TROLL. Do you have nothing better to do than post this utter nonsense on a BMW forum no less. I am not even going to attempt to combat your ridiculous statements simply because it would be a waste of my time. So you can take your moronic comments, your bad weather, your worse food, and your cars that break down on a whim, and GO AWAY!!!

Mods, I ask that you BAN TVR Tuscan Type R at once, God knows he certainly isn't worthy to drive one, because he is only here to start trouble.

-Chance
Old 04-17-2002, 06:52 AM   #13
agapehme
AF Enthusiast

Ban

Hey there 325Driver ,

I/we understand how you feel about the statements and so on. Truthfully I felt the same way. However I don't believe a ban is the best thing. It shows, just my opinion, that we as dedicated BMW owners can not handle critique from people with different points of view.

Yes he/she is out in left field somewhere but we on this forum know the truth about BMW's. Let use this opportunity to show and make a difference. I have personally owned 7 different BMW's over the years and have fortunate enough to convert a few people from such nonsense as this person. As you may have noticed I asked a question the day this crap started, "What do you do for a living"? There has been no reply.

Let's give them a chance to say what it is he/she/they want to.

Just a thought

Old 04-17-2002, 07:03 AM   #14
Style_King
Banned

It pains me to say this but what Mr. TVR states is true! Without a shadow of a doubt, its true and it pains me to say it.

I have a BMW 328Ci since earlier this year (Via company car) and at first I was somewhat suprised by its lack of individualism on the roads. I could of taken all the badges off the back and pretended to have a poor 316 or 318! TVR was correct in that matter, its boring, the same as everyone else.

I choose the BMW due to its marque effect, since I own a highly reputable small IT company. I have been looking at who drives BMW's, TVR is correct that its just 'low-life' or people who think they are something they are not! Little sales reps cars (My god, I'm driving a car that competes with Vectras and mondeos!)

People who drive BMW's, I have noticed, do seem to drive without any common-sense, and I too have found myself driving somewhat negatively!

As for the reputation of BMW, TVR is going too far with the negative feedback. It is however true what he says with regards to BMW's handling of the Rover car manufacturer. BMW did try to close the them, (That IS bad!)

I have no really bad points to say about the car in general, but thats just it, I have nothing to say about the car at all! what is stated in this thread is true to a certain degree.

As for me, I would'nt have another BMW, not the correct appearence for me or my IT company. Its just too boring! Too the same as other BMW's . . . .

Peter Johnson
Johnson IT Solutions Ltd.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:24 AM   #15
agapehme
AF Enthusiast

IT

Oh yeah, there is some truth there about some BMW owners. I have seen them my self. However that's just like saying in your line of business that all computer users are stupid or a certain brand of Server or Hub/Router is crap. I am sure you can tell that's not so. You were once a basic user before owning your company. Some work better with different applications, so your choice is base on the individual clients need.

Sometimes the truth can be clouded by making one sided coments. Could you have not choosen the best BMW for your individual driving needs and style. Maybe an M3 would have been better choice or a 330ci. Correct me if I am wrong, I believe the TVR is a 2dr sports car. If so why not choose an "M" coupe.

Look around when you drive and you should be able to see a miriad of other ill manered drivers driving other marques.

Before my "M" I had a 325i, nice but was missing something......I found the missing something in the M3. did not think it was necessary to point uot all the wrongs. That model works just great for someone else.

By the way please drop a line to most of the worlds motoring journalist and tell them how foolish they are to rate BMW's so high.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series