Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Audio/Security
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Audio/Security car audio, security.
View Poll Results: What carstereo brand has the best sound
Pioneer 27 26.21%
Panasonic 3 2.91%
JVC 2 1.94%
Kenwood 7 6.80%
Alpine 23 22.33%
Clarion 16 15.53%
Nakamichi 5 4.85%
Blaupunkt 4 3.88%
other 16 15.53%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-29-2001, 07:04 PM   #1
thaa
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to thaa
stereo poll (headunit)

if other, post brandname...

------------------------
Do you like bananas? I got her number! Now, how do you like them bananas?

Last edited by thaa; 05-29-2001 at 08:12 PM.
thaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 07:25 PM   #2
SkylinesKillAll
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SkylinesKillAll Send a message via Yahoo to SkylinesKillAll
for what exactly?

:flamer: :monkeypis :bathroom::rocket: :badass:
SkylinesKillAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 07:51 PM   #3
kris
Off playing with fire.

Yeah, for what componant? Head unit? Subs? Mids? Amps?
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 08:03 PM   #4
thaa
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to thaa
oops!! I knew I forgot to write something...

headunit it is...

------------------------
Do you like bananas? I got her number! Now, how do you like them bananas?
thaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 12:43 AM   #5
mattG20
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mattG20 Send a message via Yahoo to mattG20
I voted Pioneer. I have the Pioneer Premier DEH-P730. I absolutely love it. It has 3 pre-outs, 3 band EQ, Subwoofer controls, Organic EL display with about 10 different screen savers, 50wx4 and you can bridge two of the channels to run a small sub (70wx1). A couple of my friends own a Car stereo store and they will say for the pioneers are one of the best decks you can find (that is why that is there #1 brand of head units they sell). The 730's runs about $400. Go with pioneer.:flash:
mattG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 01:22 AM   #6
Twiggy
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Twiggy Send a message via AIM to Twiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Twiggy
Pioneer is ok But i have a Mcintosh/Polk system i have 2x5 1/4" polk/momo component speakers model MM455 and a pair of 6 3/4" polk/momo speakers model MM465 in the front i also have two 12"polk/momo subwoofer's model MM120 in the trunk in a ported bandpass box and a Mcintosh amp model MC4000M powering it all it divides 100watts x4 for the main speakers and 300watts x2 for the 12's total system power output is 1000watts in one amp! oh and i have a Mcintosh MX406 headunit and a Mcintosh MPM4000 meter module to keep track how many watts im using.check it out at http://www.mcintoshlabs.com

:smoka:
Old 05-30-2001, 05:29 AM   #7
MauiBlueGRide
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MauiBlueGRide
Clarion makes some damn good shiznit - its a shame they don't promote their retail as much, their bread and butter is OEM and thats where they get the quality from.... we are only allowed like 1 per million defective units.... All kidding aside, I've been an installer and heard/installed it all, and owned about half and I've been very pleased with all my clarion equipment even before I was working there hehe. You usually have to give up some looks and or ease of use but I'm noticing that trend with all aftermarket radios, too many buttons with too many features.....
Anyhow I'm about to get going on my setup I'll post a list/pics of the equipment when I've made my mind up and keep you all updated as I go along... Best part is I think I can get work to pay for it! lol
As a side note - Clarion and McIntosh are one in the same and at one time they had a head unit and amp that were copies of a Mac product but a LOT less.... I'll get model nummbers but the amp was a A####G or something like that, a purple one from a few years back....
Chris - it pays to help the engineers with their computer problems first when you need an amp repaired
02 G20 - Maui Blue - Sold - insurance sucks
93 NX2000 - Sapphire Blue + Power Package - Sold
91 NX2000 - White, plain jain - Sold
97 200SX - Project Car - Sold

http://www.chrisstorer.com
http://www.evilegg.com
MauiBlueGRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 07:13 AM   #8
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I used to have a pioneer sound system in my old truck. It was the best investment I ever made as far as music is concerned.
Old 05-30-2001, 09:00 AM   #9
Nismoboy1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Nismoboy1
Talking

Kenwood Excelon for me sounds clean and it was strong enough to push 2 sets of Kenwood Excelon HQ 6.5" components (1999 model) front and back, I had the KDC-X815 (2000 model) I never had any problems with Kenwood whatsoever, so its very reliable, I had everything Kenwood in my old sentra, So I plan on putting everything Kenwood in my G20 also, except it'll be their newer line of products...but to each his own...:licker:

here's a pic of the KDC-X815...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kdc-x815.jpg (14.9 KB, 1155 views)

For Sale: 18" Gold Axis Se7en's and Eibach Pro-kits also for a G20 P11. Check the Infiniti G20 Classifieds Here

***My G20 - Click Here***
Nismoboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 10:32 AM   #10
i_rebel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to i_rebel
I chose Pioneer . . . my personal favorite

I tend to think that Nakamichi or Blaupunkt would produce the cleanest sound with the best sound quality . . .

Many may not know it, since the market is crowded with colorful, innovative designs, and all other kinds of bells and whistles . . .

But Blaupunkt and Nakamichi have been leaders in sound reproduction for quite some time . . .
i_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 11:43 PM   #11
Twiggy
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Twiggy Send a message via AIM to Twiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Twiggy
yeah but my mcintosh still gives me a little brain damage everytime i leave my car my eye starts twitching

J/K sort of :hehehe:
Old 05-31-2001, 08:28 PM   #12
verboom
AF Regular

Kenwood Headunit and amp, and all INFINITY speakers. The demos in Future shop sounded better than anything else, and they were beat up. You get a real nice clean sound, for all you folks out there who go for quality and not volume.
verboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 03:08 PM   #13
redvalkrie
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to redvalkrie
Thumbs up I currently have a xx7575z

I have had this deck for 2years know I was happy with it in the begining, but know every time I try to add a slave monitor (so I can play my playstation to while I commute 30min drive got to use my time wisely.) I get the run around from clarion we don carry anything no more, but then I call back later & they tell there is a slave monitor in dash for it, I got to nearest dealerS and they all tell don't know what your talking about & they try to sell me a new stup, give me 2grand I will half as install something in your car, I looked @ them with a glazed eye and say no thank's I install myself don't want you to rip me off!

Check this out my brother in law bought a A4 audi so he liked my deck & decided to get Clarion the top of the line with all the bells & whistles controls sub out put inverted & all that jazz 2months down the road it start to flicker on & off on its own while we are bumping at a car show,10 trips to the dealer 5 calls to clarion it turns out was defective well that was 1,300. well spent 8 months down the raod they give him the same deck I have & told him they dont make his deck no more, well he lost 1,000. bucks right there since the deck I got only cost 310.00.

So I am not very Inpressed with this brand right know I love there stuff but I am still trying to get the grand for my brother in law back & get that monitor in + to top it off I cant find the darn wiring diagram for the thing (xx7575z).

Sorry some frustration come out .

1988 CRX Si
2001 CBR 600F4i Silver & black FAST!
2004 Toyota Tundra (TRD)
2002 dodge grand caravan.
redvalkrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 05:21 PM   #14
MauiBlueGRide
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MauiBlueGRide
Ok calm down buddy first off in reply to your email to me about your deck - there is no slave in dash unit - you can buy a LCD monitor in dash or remote mount, and the tv controller and hook it up to your deck to control channels/volume but theres no magic slave unit.
Second off - It is very unlikely for a deck to die like your brother in laws - any brand - after installing for a long time as a job I know this pretty much it works or doesn't work or it will fail the first few days (I know I know there are exceptions). Anyways if you were "bumping" at a car show and it started to flicker here is what I'd suspect - first off bad wiring - did you install it yourself? You get a two year warranty on all clarion stuff if an authorized dealer installs it and one if you do it. Next I supposed he had amps/subs? Was the car running? If an amp is pounding away and draining the battery of juice and the head unit is given non normal input voltage it will eventually die. And finally - what head did he have are you exagerating a bit? The only head units clarion makes that are over a grand are the flip up fold out tv units.... And again what deck does he have? very unlikely they no longer have it the warehouse is full of stuff from two years ago even still being sold as refurbed....

Finally the wiring diagram for your radio - the wires are industry standard colors - if you can figure that out without the manual perhaps you should be having your stuff installed at the dealer. Not trying to rip you or get a flame war going - Being an installer I fixed a LOT of peoples mistakes and it makes no sense for you to be irate about something you knew you were getting into.

As for your bro-in law - if what really happened happened - sue the install shop otherwise stop griping - I doubt they only have him a head worth 300 for one worth 1300, and if they did and he accepted that, then its his own fault. And again even if he installed it clarion warranties it for a year - they'd repair it and if the shop did it its two years.........

Sorry for the long post/rant - but I'm working on fixing someone else "install" right now....

chris
02 G20 - Maui Blue - Sold - insurance sucks
93 NX2000 - Sapphire Blue + Power Package - Sold
91 NX2000 - White, plain jain - Sold
97 200SX - Project Car - Sold

http://www.chrisstorer.com
http://www.evilegg.com
MauiBlueGRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 08:26 PM   #15
redvalkrie
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to redvalkrie
Thumbs down Decks

:o

First of all sorry that I made it sound like I was ticked!

My brother in laws deck, as for his thing it had something to do with the deck it was sent to clarion for a look up & they determined it had something to do with some kind of lose board in there well they fixed it the flicker on & off continued in clarion's hands so they so it first hand, they couldn't find the problem that caused it. So they gave my borther in law another deck wich is a step above mine I beleive it came out to around $1300.00 cause of the digital sound processor that got screwed up from the power flicker on & off from the deck and all the other little things that he bought custom from clarion, a shop installed it.
Also the amp A pheonix gold god screwed up cause of the deck situation wich had to be sent to the manufacturer to fix burnt board from the flickering.

About my deck 7575z I have hooked up all the industry standard wires, & i still get the samting it runs out of back up power 5 day's later loose all my settings everything. maybe Im overlooking something but it just keeps telling my system check all the time. like the face say's I am confused I have installed decks for 10 years & this has never happened.

Maybe I will just sell it!

Than-x for the help.

1988 CRX Si
2001 CBR 600F4i Silver & black FAST!
2004 Toyota Tundra (TRD)
2002 dodge grand caravan.
redvalkrie is offline   Reply With Quote