Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 11:35 AM   #1
zippeay
AF Enthusiast

Drive axle question

Hey whats up? I was wondering if anyone else has had the problems I'm having. I've went threw 2 CV axles in the last 2 weeks and I can't understand how. I have a 92 cx hatchback with a JDM B16a with the LSD trans. And all I have done to it right now is a header back exhaust and a AEM CAI. I mean I shouldn't be breaking these things this easily, I'm not putting out that much HP. I was think mabey my LSD is binding or something but I don't know. All I know is its a pain in the ass to keep breaking these things, anyone have any idea's????
zippeay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
mellowboy
Amy dragged me here...

Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Where did you get the axles from? They sound like some cheap axles. Do you dump at high rpm, like around 5-7 grand?
mellowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
zippeay
AF Enthusiast

O no, there's no need to leave at that high of an RPM. I usually leave at about 3-4 grand. I just wasn't sure if mabey theres something binding in my trans or if mabey I should just get some stage 1 axles. I got my other axles from Advance Auto, I know, I know there not the best but still they should be holding up with what I have. I'm not even running slicks, just 17 inch rims. Everyones telling me to get the axles but I don't want to just get the axles then tear up my trans, if my trans is messing up then I'd like to fix it before it gets worse thats all.
zippeay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:34 AM   #4
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jcrx
If something in your tranny was binding, then that is the point that would bear the brunt of the problem, in otherwords, it wouldn't transfer power to the drive axles, if it was binding in the tranny.