Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sequoia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:01 AM   #1
bretbowman
AF Newbie

==== Transponder & Keyless Remote Programming Guides ====

First: I'm providing links to a couple VERY helpful guides that I have on my FTP server. I hope that they'll help many of your who are seeking to program your own additional transponder key or keyless entry remote.

Second: I purchased a blank spare transponder key on ebay for less than $20 shipped, paid a good locksmith $2 to cut the key (flawlessly), and then used the following guide to program the key to my car. Keyless entry remote was less than $20 shipped (ebay) and took several tries (because timing is critical), but finally got it programmed to my Sequoia using the second guide.

Third: I believe that Sequoia's can have FOUR "master" keys and TWO "valet" or "sub" keys. I also believe that Sequoia's can have up to FOUR keyless entry remotes programmed to unlock the doors (and perhaps roll down the rear glass window).

Transponder Key Programming Guide (.pdf) [starting on page 4]
* Note: I own a 2002 Sequoia, but had to use the 2001 procedure. Guess I got a car with an older transponder security system. If one procedure doesn't work, then try the other one.

Keyless Entry Remote Programming Guide (.pdf)
* Remember: When programming your keyless entry remote. The timing between steps is critical. Count out the seconds and if when you complete the procedure it didn't work, then try it again. It took me a few times to get it right.

Finally: I'd like to request, if anyone has the following information, that someone please both post AND email me (bretbowman@yahoo.com) any .pdf wiring diagrams for 2002 Sequoia. I'm preparing to install a Clifford alarm system and an in dash DVD player with headrest LCD screens. I'd like to map out all my wire splices BEFORE starting. If this posts has helped you, then please consider helping me and others. By sharing this information, we all are empowered to do much more on our own.
bretbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:32 AM   #2
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: ==== Transponder & Keyless Remote Programming Guides ====

Most cars have the key programming listed in the owner's manual. For wiring, you can look it up at www.bulldogsecurity.com
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
bretbowman
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Re: ==== Transponder & Keyless Remote Programming Guides ====

Thanks Ponchonutty. I did check bulldogsecurity.com before posting, but I went back after reading your suggestion and they do have a new setup that I was unaware of which gives more detailed information.

What I was actually looking for (or hoping for) was if someone had the Toyota OEM Service Manuals (preferrably in a .pdf format) that I could get from them the master Toyota Wiring diagram which would also include the wires that I can tap into to control my power sunroof, rear power window and a few other "specialized remote control" features to the alarm system that I'm about to put in.

However, thanks for the tip, because I simply was unaware that bulldog had updated their website and it does include quite a bit more information that I remember seeing last time I was visiting there.

Thanks again!
bretbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:22 PM   #4
GuyF
AF Newbie

* Note: I own a 2002 Sequoia, but had to use the 2001 procedure. Guess I got a car with an older transponder security system. If one procedure doesn't work, then try the other one.

* Remember: When programming your keyless entry remote. The timing between steps is critical. Count out the seconds and if when you complete the procedure it didn't work, then try it again. It took me a few times to get it right.

I tried to connect to yur ftp but no luck. Woudl you mind sending me the procedures at gferraro@swbell.net ?

Thanks I have a 2001 I need to program a key for.
GuyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:03 AM   #5
oldmike
AF Newbie

To BretBowman:
Don't have a service manual for you, and you probably already know this, but AlldataDIY has the equivalent for a pretty decent price. Once you pay for a 1 year subscription at $24.95 (I think), you can add other cars for $14.95.
oldmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:20 AM   #6
Mike911
AF Newbie

Brett- Is it possible you could send me the pdf files for programming a new transmitter as well as the master key for a 2001 sequioa? Also, if you have any info on clearing the memory of past keys that would be great too. I tried the links, but they didn't work for me. My email is Fordcountry911@aol.com

Thanks-
Mike
Mike911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
Mike911
AF Newbie

HEY EVERYBODY with key issues. Check out my post on how I got it to work. It was simple and worked the first time for the key, 3rd for the remote. Good luck
Mike911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:49 AM   #8
loudchronic
AF Newbie

Brett- Is it possible you could send me the pdf files for programming a new transmitter as well as the master key for a 2002 sequioa 4x4? Also, if you have any info on clearing the memory of past keys that would be great too. I tried the links, but they didn't work for me.

I was wondering if the auto lock will lock when shift to drive or when drive to 5-10 miles range and unlock when put in park on 2002 Sequoia. Also i would like to know the automatically lock and arm the alarm by itself. Does anyone know how to activate this feature? My email is mentor_ral73@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for the help.
~ Ronald

Last edited by loudchronic; 04-05-2006 at 06:25 AM.
loudchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:39 AM   #9
Ezrockcorp
AF Newbie

pls need help downloading the programming instructions for the keys and the keyless. thanks
Ezrockcorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:57 AM   #10
pguebert
AF Newbie

I could not download you .pdf file for the "Keyless Remote Entry Programming Guide. I have a 2002 Sequoia and am trying to program two key remotes I have just purchased. Please email this programming guide to peggyguebert@numail.org
pguebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #11
tag773
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pguebert
I could not download you .pdf file for the "Keyless Remote Entry Programming Guide. I have a 2002 Sequoia and am trying to program two key remotes I have just purchased. Please email this programming guide to peggyguebert@numail.org
Did you fix the problem with the keyless entry? I have a PDF instructions but did not work for me, probably doing it too fast.....

2004 Sequoia
tag773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #12
mcothrash
AF Newbie

HI:
The instructions that I have for programming the keyless remote for my 2006 SR5 Sequoia are basic turn key to on and off 7 times and then hold down the lock button on the remote until the drivers side door unlocks. It is not working, do you have any other instructions that will help. Thanks so much.
mcothrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #13
sissymcd
AF Newbie

Can you access programming instructions for a 2004 Chrysler Sebring keyless entry remote? If so please email them to SissyMcD@aol.com. Thanks!
I had them before and lost them (Word doc) when my computer crashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretbowman
First: I'm providing links to a couple VERY helpful guides that I have on my FTP server. I hope that they'll help many of your who are seeking to program your own additional transponder key or keyless entry remote.

Second: I purchased a blank spare transponder key on ebay for less than $20 shipped, paid a good locksmith $2 to cut the key (flawlessly), and then used the following guide to program the key to my car. Keyless entry remote was less than $20 shipped (ebay) and took several tries (because timing is critical), but finally got it programmed to my Sequoia using the second guide.

Third: I believe that Sequoia's can have FOUR "master" keys and TWO "valet" or "sub" keys. I also believe that Sequoia's can have up to FOUR keyless entry remotes programmed to unlock the doors (and perhaps roll down the rear glass window).

Finally: I'd like to request, if anyone has the following information, that someone please both post AND email me (bretbowman@yahoo.com) any .pdf wiring diagrams for 2002 Sequoia. I'm preparing to install a Clifford alarm system and an in dash DVD player with headrest LCD screens. I'd like to map out all my wire splices BEFORE starting. If this posts has helped you, then please consider helping me and others. By sharing this information, we all are empowered to do much more on our own.
sissymcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #14
mcdlnwright
AF Newbie

could you email me the guides for a 2007 Chrysler aspen mcdlnwright@comcast.net
mcdlnwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #15
alpou1055
AF Newbie

hello guys can u send me this guids in my email,,worms10@hotmail.com