Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #91
Bub4506
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Blower Motor Resistor Replacement (with pics)

Just finished it on my 2004 sebring 4 door sedan. Thanks for the pics. pretty easy, Used a 5/8" socket to remove the soft kick panel. an 8 mm socket to remove the old resistor blocks 2 screws leaving the wire harness attached, used a flat tip screwdriver to push the red tab up from the bottom, squeeze the black plastic lock tab on the wire harness and separate old part from connector, Use a knife to enlarge opening because new part is much thicker then the original credit card looking part. reinstalled everything and have a 4 speed fan again. Part cost $42.00 at the dealership, and took about 20 minutes to install.
Bub4506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #92
CurtK
AF Newbie

Re: Blower Motor Resistor Replacement (with pics)

Just picked up a 2001 Sebring LX last week and the blower only worked on "4".
$39 and 15 minutes and it's good as new.
What a great thread...going strong 6 years later.
CurtK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #93
irbo
AF Newbie

thanks all, another blower resistor replaced! now off to the chiropractor..
irbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #94
richmk
AF Newbie

Thanks to the original poster and everyone else. 2006 Sebring Touring: Speeds one and 2 failed a few weeks ago then 3 failed yesterday. Picked up the part at NAPA - Part number BR396 for about $35 including taxes and took less than 30 minutes to replace.

Biggest challenge was getting the nut off the covering piece. Once that was off (Pried loose with flat screwdriver and a couple twists by hand) it was realtively easy. Just 2 - 5/16" bolts to remove. As noted in an earlier post, don't try to remove the wiring harness until after removing the unit as it is much simpler. Thanks for that tip!!!
richmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #95
powerbrows
AF Newbie

I just wanted to send a shout-out to the OP as well as many other posters in this thread. I had taken my car to the auto shop for a couple of issues and my mechanic informed me that both the blower motor and the blower motor resistor would need to be replaced. He told me it would be roughly $400 to fix both.

After stumbling upon these forums, I decided to give it a shot and do it myself. I purchased the blower motor from Rock Auto and the resistor from Partsgeek. Combined, I paid roughly $60 for both components. After a little bit of contortion, nausea, exhaustion and frustration I managed to get it all done! I saved about $340 thanks to you folks on here.

I was so thankful, I wanted to sign up to show my appreciation for this thread. Thanks so much!
powerbrows is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to powerbrows For This Useful Post:
CoachMichael (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #96
CoachMichael
AF Newbie

Like Floridalon back in 2005, and Joel's LX's concern in 2010, the issue with my wife's 1999 Sebring Convertible is that the resistor block has burned out three times now. The first replacement lasted for more than a year, the second survived for some months, and the last one burned out in less time than it took to put it in. That was several years ago (I just got fed up with it), and my wife has gotten by with just the High speed ever since.

I have been on a roll trying to get my cars fixed, and so it is time to finally fix the Sebring's heater. Has anyone actually had to replace the blower along with the resistor pack?

Thank you very much.

Michael
CoachMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #97
CoachMichael
AF Newbie

Powerbrows, I just saw that you had to replace both the motor and resistor block. Are there any tricks to replacing the motor? I've replace the block three times now. Tomorrow I will order the new motor as well as yet another resistor block. Thanks.
CoachMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #98
Mkramer26
AF Newbie

I'm having a similar problem with my 2003, except the speeds works correctly, it just seems that my fan only blows hot. I've had the A/C looked at and the cars A/C isn't the problem. They said something about the "switch being stuck on hot". If I changed the blower motor resistor, would that solve the problem too, or is that switch solely for the fan speeds?
Mkramer26 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible