Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #1
rrcp2208
AF Newbie

crysler sebring

I was driving to work today and after a 10 min stop at farmacy was imposible for me to start my car again. The battery is charge, the lights and horn are working, only the radio and the fron panel indicators are not working, please if there is some experience with this threat.
Thanks
rrcp2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
Oldengineer
AF Regular

Angry

My 2001 Sebring 4 door did this to me 3 times. After the first 2 instances, I called Chrysler's tollfree number and was told to take the car in and have the compass module replaced. The damn compass was disabling the ignition when I parked facing west (no kidding!!). That solved the no start problem for a month. The third no start problem I found myself. The battery cable clamping bolt on the main fusebox under the hood had been stripped at the factory and came loose. Fixed it with a big steel washer and new nut, and, no problems since. The dealer throughout this ordeal was a lot of help - they told me I was nuts, there was nothing wrong with my car.

Hope this helps:
Oldengineer
Oldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:46 PM   #3
Dehner Motorsports
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Dehner Motorsports
Re: crysler sebring

I reccomend always parking North.

Mastersbilt Chassis
Chevrolet 406 BMF Racing Engine
World Heads
D.U.I. Distributor
C&S Specialties 890 Aersol Billet Carburetor
Dehner Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 10:21 PM   #4
Oldengineer
AF Regular

Angry

Unfortunately, the car decided to die while parked in a rest area off a North bound interstate. It would not start until I'd ground the battery flat and it was jumped off another vehicle. At least Chrysler is getting more intriguing with their built-in gremlins.

Regards:
Oldengineer
Oldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote