Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 10:29 PM   #16
JE123
AF Enthusiast

That looks amazing. Great choice on the color. Keep it up man.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:40 PM   #17
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for the comments. If you could only really see the interior and engine bay up close. The interior I did in normal black(looks glossy) which I don't really care for but I know my friend that I am giving to won't mind, and then the engine I messed up glueing something on and then I lost a few parts so I just glued the hood one :P. Then today when I thought I could finish it up, it seems like I am missing the front shocks I can't believe it. This model has been a complete pain! Next time I will be a lot more organized! hehe. I guess that is what happends when you have it at your house, bring it to college, and then bring it back home.

I will should have final pictures this weekend hopefully!

*Honoturtle* Could you also take pics of the front suspension? Since mine just doesn't seem right at all Thanks inadvance!*
Old 12-28-2002, 10:09 PM   #18
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Well everyone I ran into a problem. I can't find the front springs. I can't get the shocks to fit on right to the other piece. Also when painting the trim around the windows I messed up! I'm really considering Chopping the top like originally because of these windows. Is there anyway to safely get the paint off the windows? I'm so lucky I still have a week left to finish it! I want to have it done this weekend though It only needs the suspension work and then the body painted!!! Ohh soo close but yet soo far away Here are some pics

If anyone has pics of there front suspension it would greatly be appreciated. Also don't worry about the engine I glued the hood shut since my friend won't care about the engine. Thanks inadvance!!!
Old 12-29-2002, 01:37 AM   #19
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

Its still all good, I can't help you with the windows part because i've never stuffed them up. Thats a nice blue, are Testors spraypaints better then Tamiya? Or are they as good?
Purpura Delujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 08:36 AM   #20
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

I'm not sure if testors are better than Tamiya, since I've never use Tamiya paints. I remember seeing a few topics that that you don't wantto leave testors alone for a long time or they go bad, unlike the Tamiya. Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm this. Thanks for the comments. I picked up the blue at my local "Michaels" in the US. Also a lot they have 40%-50% off coupons that my mom cuts out for me so when I need to buy models or parts I just use them(A nice little tip for people in the US)

I will be working some more on this project when I get back from work today!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lowriders4Life
Its still all good, I can't help you with the windows part because i've never stuffed them up. Thats a nice blue, are Testors spraypaints better then Tamiya? Or are they as good?
Old 12-29-2002, 08:49 AM   #21
360Modena1117
AF Regular

[quote]Originally posted by clatescivicr
[b]Well everyone I ran into a problem. I can't find the front springs. I can't get the shocks to fit on right to the other piece. Also when painting the trim around the windows I messed up! I'm really considering Chopping the top like originally because of these windows. Is there anyway to safely get the paint off the windows? I'm so lucky I still have a week left to finish it! I want to have it done this weekend though It only needs the suspension work and then the body painted!!! Ohh soo close but yet soo far away Here are some pics

To get the extra paint off the window, take a toothpick and gently try to scratch off the extra paint that got on the window. I've done this numerous times and it works. Just be sure to be gentle so it doesn't scratch the plastic.

360Modena1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 10:05 AM   #22
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

I was curious could I put a small amount of paint thinner on a paper towel a whipe it off? I know I have done this on the body and haven't had a problem with it but I'm hesitant to do it to the windshields. If I definet;y knew I could get another one of these models I would do it, but I'm cut short for time and the place I normally get my models is all out of them
Old 12-29-2002, 05:17 PM   #23
Tunero
AF Regular

as it is the painting that hechan to him of base? it marks and model
to be able to be

80% Completed
Tunero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:33 AM   #24
Honoturtle
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Honoturtle
damn you! Now I want to pull my Cobra R out of the dark! Actually, I should be thanking you!

~ 1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe Sprinter ~
"Oh what a feeling.- Toyota
Honoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 08:39 PM   #25
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

well today I figured that I would finish today to end up SCRATCHING the windshield and the rear windshield!!!! I try to use my dads special sand paper but it took out the "heavy" scratches but put mini scratches in and then I guess I was pushing too hard and I had tiny tension cracks And I have to have it done by this Sat at the latest! So tomorow it looks like I'm going out and buying another mustang..... Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 12-30-2002, 08:55 PM   #26
Camber
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Camber Send a message via Yahoo to Camber
Looking Good so far. Paint the window black so you can see it or just rob a windshield from a Mustang at WalMart. Good Luck :smoker:
Old 12-30-2002, 09:21 PM   #27
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Paint all of the windows black I think I might just be going to Michaels and getting it 40% off

Quote:
Originally posted by Camber
Looking Good so far. Paint the window black so you can see it or just rob a windshield from a Mustang at WalMart. Good Luck :smoker:
Old 01-02-2003, 08:48 AM   #28
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Hey everyone, well yesterday while "cutting" the paint to polish it out I polished it a little toom much on the "sharp" edges! So I have to repaint it and the best part is that I don't have any more of the paint left! So today I'm going out and picking up another model and paint!! Coming down to the wire since it has to be done by Saturday night! I'll post picks up tonight
Old 01-02-2003, 07:54 PM   #29
Honoturtle
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Honoturtle
here's the pic of the bottom, missing the drive shaft though, custom rear suspension, rear-end came from a racing Camaro kit

~ 1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe Sprinter ~
"Oh what a feeling.- Toyota
Honoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 09:32 PM   #30
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Thanks! Well I sprayed it tonight and I think I got a little to carried away on the layers so that I could rub it out tomorrow! I'll just have to see how it goes! I'm still hoping my friend won't be back till sunday so I have an extra day!

Today after driving 45 mins and stopping at 4 places I finally found the mustang model! Once I opened it up one of the windows weas slightly scratched!! Oh well its not that noticable and I'm just lucky I have it lol. Now I can practice on this mustang without windows once I'm done this weekend!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling