Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > GTO > Classic GTO's (1964-1974)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 08:59 PM   #1
67chevelle malibu
AF Newbie

Angry I got ripped off by WHEEL VINTIQUES

I bought a set of 16x8 chrome rally wheels & center caps from wheel vintiques thru keystone.the first time i got them they were the wrong bolt pattern so i sent them back. when i finally got the next set i checked them on the car and they were right so i had a set of 225-50-16 tires mounted on them.when i left the tire shop pulled out on the hwy and got my brains beat out ,the tires had to be jumping off the ground so i turned around and went back.i pulled one off and put it on the balance machine myself(i know the shop owner and he told me the didn't look very round in the first place)he was right not only was the centerhole not in the center,the wheels wobbled side to side too.went back to my shop and called keystone to get a return order. they tried to get return aut# from W.V. and was told the wheels could not be returned because they had been mounted. they sent me junk but would not let me return them because they had been on the car(what they wanted to try and pawn them off on someone else).for what i paid for these pieces of crap i never thought to put them on a balance machine before having tires put on them.while fighting with keystone and W.V. the wheels sat outside on the car rusted in a month(the chrome bumpers on the car are 37 years old and they haven't rusted).to finish this story i would like to say Wheel Vintiques makes low quailty crap with cheap chrome. if you want good wheels do what i will do the next time i save enough money to buy another set of wheels & get some centerlines. next time your at a car show in Pigeon Forge,TN look for me i'm the guy with rusted out or round wheels and a sign that says I GOT RIPPED BY THE JERKS AT WHEEL VINTIQUES....
67chevelle malibu is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > GTO > Classic GTO's (1964-1974)