Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Breeze
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 03:54 PM   #1
breezeiscrap
AF Newbie

accerating on its own

i got a 98 breeze and last 2 days while i was stopped at a light car rpm jumped up from 1000 to 2000 and i can hear engine wanting to go.. happened 2 times so far almost rear ended a car! any ideas?
breezeiscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 12:22 AM   #2
pcv
AF Regular

I guess anything is possible with a car. Havn't come across this problem. You might have a bad throtle position sensor, map sensor, sticky idle control valve and/or a bad vacuum line. A scan test now will be a good idea. Good Luck.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:35 AM   #3
cookie2cute
AF Newbie

amazing

Hi guys....I really cannot believe this...Ihave a plymouth acclaim 1989 that I bought about a month ago...seemed to be in good shape but a couple of days age the accelerator appeared to get stuck as I was driving down the road and the rpm went nuts...It did not fix itself by tapping the accelerator with my foot either...now it also just stalls for no reason or the accelerator wants to go flying down the road on its own...anyway you can imagine how pleassantly surprised I am that this is the first time I have been on this type of forum and seeing as how I am a Girl I know very little about cars and so it really was cool that the very first page I came to after registering was this one and apparently we have similar problems...anyway I could use some advise...should I have a diagnostic done or should I junk it...I only paid 400.00 so it probably had that problem awhile huh? Thanks for any input you can give me...
cookie2cute is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Breeze