Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
dylanborns
AF Regular

Broken door handle guts on '01....

My question is on my '01 Escape. I've had on-going problems with both door locks. The first issue was the drivers side wouldn't unlock. I took it to my mechanic, and around $30 later, I had a working handle. According to him, it was a small plastic piece on the guts that broke, making the handle useless. About 6 months ago, same problem but with the pass. side handle. I took the door apart, and its a small plastic part that broke, again the handle was useless. I fixed it with a piece of wire, and started looking on the net for replacement parts, but can't find anyone selling those. Now yesterday, the rear hatch handle stopped working also; neither the door or window will open. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find the parts for the inner guts of the locks? This isn't the actual handle, or an electrical problem, its a very small piece of plastic thats breaking.
I would take it back to my mechanic, but with my schedule, its very hard to get a day where I can drop the car off for the whole day.

I just called the local dealership and they are charging $45 for this small plastic part. He called in a handle reinforcement part that connects the handle to the inner workings. Any idea where I can get this part for what its actually worth, and not dealership prices???
dylanborns is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid