Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 02:41 PM   #1
TSRyder6
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TSRyder6
What makes an Integra a "RICER"?

I'm still curious...lots of people talk about "that car is a ricer" blah blah blah! Exactly what makes a Integra a "Ricer"? I know Altezza's tail lights have something to do with it, anything else?
TSRyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:53 PM   #2
Jszy
AF Enthusiast

Re: What makes an Integra a "RICER"?

Anything that is annouying like.....graphics on cars, altezzas, ugly tints, shitty body kits, primer colored cars, stock steelies, coffee can - weed whacker exhausts, black painted hodd instead of carbon fiber.......anything that is the gay cheap way of doing things
Jszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:54 PM   #3
Jszy
AF Enthusiast

I have a 2nd gen integra. Its not the integra that is called a ricer...its what someone owning an integra does to it to make it a ricer.
Jszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:01 PM   #4
psychobadboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to psychobadboy
Re: Re: What makes an Integra a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jszy
Anything that is annouying like.....graphics on cars, altezzas, ugly tints, shitty body kits, primer colored cars, stock steelies, coffee can - weed whacker exhausts, black painted hodd instead of carbon fiber.......anything that is the gay cheap way of doing things
Agreed. There's nothing ricey about integras themselves, tho I have seen only very few that were fixed up nicely. A cleanly modified integra is much more respected than something that was put together with every single aftermarket product a person can find just for the sake of having them. And geez, paint anything you add on the car too. It's annoying to see integras with primered body kits. Ditto for civics.
psychobadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #5
freekinfreak
AF Regular

I fkn hate that term. Who gives a fk!!
freekinfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #6
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

Stickers of performance products you don't have on your car...windshield banners that say 'Integra', 'Acura' etc. (like we dont know what it is already)...upgraded badging without the upgrades....etc, etc. Personally, I think all that superficial shit like underbody neons is gay...

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:18 PM   #7
TSRyder6
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TSRyder6
hmm...i see. Where did the term "RICER" come from anywayz?
TSRyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:51 PM   #8
scallywag
AF Enthusiast

Re: What makes an Integra a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSRyder6
I'm still curious...lots of people talk about "that car is a ricer" blah blah blah! Exactly what makes a Integra a "Ricer"? I know Altezza's tail lights have something to do with it, anything else?
I wouldn't go as far as to say that a teggy with altezzas make it ricer. I have seen some damn clean teggys that look stock, with nice rims, a drop and some nice altezza's that look damn good. I wouldn't concider that ricer. It is more of alot of things added together. No one thing alone can make the car look "ricer", but it is more a selection of things together.
scallywag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #9
phr0zen
AF Newbie

I don't think altezza's make a car ricer, I have them on my car. I got them because I liked the look of them not because I thought it was the cool thing to do. Now I have the occasional kid run up to me at school and tell me that that they look good but there "ricer", the only reason most people think there ricer now is the same reason people liked them, because it's the popular thing to do. Personally I dont give a fuck, I like the way they look so I keep 'em.

Plus I have a custom catback, CAI, and soon to be headers I got from a buddy of mine's wreck integra, so it's not as is I'm trying to look "fast" and keep the car stock.
phr0zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:54 PM   #10
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC

this is a quote from guy in the nova forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboy9012
I have a freind who says his cousins car could woop my ass so i ask him whats he got he says a subaru wrx sti so i go look at the specs and im thinking pretty good. I was just wondering what you guys think i want a 2nd opinon before i go get my ass handed to me by some rice (and im not saying that in a bad way at all).

so i'm guessing the new thing is that any asian car is a ricer...well at least from their perspective
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
BLU CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:58 PM   #11
Zanark
AF Enthusiast

lol its all opininated. Talk to the chevy and ford boys ANY Import besides a Nissan 300ZX and a Datsun is a ricer. Lol I sware EVERY Chevy head respects the 300ZX. Any way I think ricer is basically anything thats put on a car thats useless and just put on there for "show". But hell wtf are people doing to Catilacs? lol people just insult something to make themselves feel better or to down somenoe for putting there time and effort into a project. But people who put over 30 grand into a fucking civic or integra needs to be smacked in the head or something. Its rediculous to put 7 Tv's into a fn inline 4 and 20 inch rims.its tasky, its ugly, and people get offended because they are ruining a car. I mean wtf is the point of a damn body kit if it doesnt help the aero dynamics.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:59 PM   #12
Zanark
AF Enthusiast

lol besides, Young bitches love Rice. Its a fact.All the people want is attention and at first it was to "stand out" now its to "fit in". Lol but if you wanna pick up some bitches Get an Integra pop on a JDM front end and watch em Flock. Or pick up ANY car from the fast and the furious. They love them eclipses o_O. damn tyrese and his goofy ass.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:01 PM   #13
integrasedan
AF Enthusiast

Fixing up car is like a blank canvas which an artist paints on.

A form of art that expresses the owners feelings and opinions.

So who's to judge their opinions are wrong or right. I used to be annoyed by ricers but now I'm more relax now.

It's their car and it's their life, let them do what ever they want that is legally allowed by law.

Could it be jealousy thing also? I'll admit I was a bit jealous of ricers because they had all that money to spend on their cars. And jealous cause they only made them for Acura/Honda cars.

But I no more, no more Hating.
integrasedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:39 PM   #14
94 GS-R
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 94 GS-R

I think rice is a little immature and used way too often. My friends joke around and call me a rice burner and all that but i don’t mind. i know their just joking. But i think rice is when someone follows everyone else. Ever know someone that just tries too hard to fit in your group of friends? Well to me that’s what this term is referring to, posers. Putting things on your car just to have it and be in the "in" crowd is what rice is to me. I respect people who properly tune their "4 bangers" and truly know what they are adding to their cars. The people who know what makes power and not just "lego building" their cars. To me this is just what ricers are trying to achieve through short cuts and through loop holes were none are to be found.
94 GS-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:41 PM   #15
Oldteg
AF Enthusiast

A ricer is a person that has the big park bench on the back of his car that he calls a spoiler. A ricer is a guy with just a muffler on his car and calls that a "mod". A ricer is a guy that tries to race everything in sight because his car is a 5 speed. A ricer is a guy that has no idea how an engine works. A ricer is a guy that puts the body kit on before the real performance parts........................Get my point?

And zanark. that says "put a body kit on it and the girls will be flocking". Dude, I like you and I think your posts are funny as hell but if you need a car to get pussy, You have no game. If we lived closer I would say we should get together because we have common intrests. I could roll up on a bike and still get it. HAHAHA......... You will learn in time. It works for the high school whores but in real life, It won't.
Oldteg is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra