Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 05:06 PM   #16
FuJi K
AF Newbie

The thing is Subaru will have to make one to be able to compete with Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan...etc.... I'm not so sure if they have the experience to make one to compete with the large trucks. There's something about Subaru making a high powered Twin turbo H6 that's pretty strong. But what they need is really a strong engine first. I'm sure the H6 will do well but it just doesn't have what larger displacement motors have, torque. Although Some of subaru's engine have them we're talkin about over 300lb ft of tq at about 3000RPMs. Lowend is nessesary for trucks because most are bought to tow and carry payload.

With the AWD tech that Subaru has, I'm sure they can think of something, but they can't really have a H8 hanging over the front axles......hheheh
FuJi K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:11 PM   #17
RockinWRX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RockinWRX
Quote:
Originally posted by FuJi K
The thing is Subaru will have to make one to be able to compete with Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan...etc.... I'm not so sure if they have the experience to make one to compete with the large trucks. There's something about Subaru making a high powered Twin turbo H6 that's pretty strong. But what they need is really a strong engine first. I'm sure the H6 will do well but it just doesn't have what larger displacement motors have, torque. Although Some of subaru's engine have them we're talkin about over 300lb ft of tq at about 3000RPMs. Lowend is nessesary for trucks because most are bought to tow and carry payload.

With the AWD tech that Subaru has, I'm sure they can think of something, but they can't really have a H8 hanging over the front axles......hheheh
Eh? why not? That would be the shiznit , a small block H8 Prolly about 5.0 liters or a touch smaller. Using twin small turbo's like T-25's , or maybe even supercharged