Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 10:19 PM   #1
c_zermeno
AF Newbie

Talking Preformance Advice

I need help. I know my Frontier has a small engine, and yall might think i am absolutly NUTS, but i was thinkin' of putting a supercharger or a ram air kit underneath my hood. Its a 2001 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 3.2L V6.
I can't seem to find any luck. Did anybody do any mods to their truck that made a difference? Or does anyon eknow a website to go to to find some help? Thanks. Chris.
c_zermeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 06:22 PM   #2
kemical_head
AF Newbie

Talking

I am in the same boat, same model. Have you seen any chip upgrades?
Let me know,
Kem
kemical_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:46 PM   #3
FrontierSC01
AF Newbie

Re: Preformance Advice

You can add a supercharger if you want but then you will need to add a k&n intake and some good exhaust for the best performance,and of course add a electric fan.Holla
FrontierSC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
2001silverfrontier
AF Newbie

[quote=c_zermeno]. yea my Frontier has a small engine also, but i don't think you need to put a supercharger underneath your hood. it's a 3.3L V6. not a 3.2. the horsepower will be bumped up from 170 to 210. the torque wil be bumped up from 195 to 240 foot pounds of torque.the Pricing for the supercharged engine is expected to run $1200-$1400 more than the standard V6 this is all out of http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2001...rst_drive.html
i think it's not needed you can spend that much in internal engine up grades and get way more horse and torque out of that engine and not worrying about the belt breaking and the then you can't drive it til you get that new belt or what about the supercharger seizing up
just think about but hey this is just one person saying no
2001silverfrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #5
2001silverfrontier
AF Newbie

[quote=c_zermeno]. yea my Frontier has a small engine also, but i don't think you need to put a supercharger underneath your hood. it's a 3.3L V6. not a 3.2. the horsepower will be bumped up from 170 to 210. the torque wil be bumped up from 195 to 240 foot pounds of torque.the Pricing for the supercharged engine is expected to run $1200-$1400 more than the standard V6 this is all out of http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2001...rst_drive.html
i think it's not needed you can spend that much in internal engine up grades and get way more horse and torque out of that engine and not worrying about the belt breaking and the then you can't drive it til you get that new belt or what about the supercharger seizing up
just think about it but hey this is just one person saying no
2001silverfrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:13 AM   #6
obiwan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_zermeno
I need help. I know my Frontier has a small engine, and yall might think i am absolutly NUTS, but i was thinkin' of putting a supercharger or a ram air kit underneath my hood. Its a 2001 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 3.2L V6.
I can't seem to find any luck. Did anybody do any mods to their truck that made a difference? Or does anyon eknow a website to go to to find some help? Thanks. Chris.
I have 2002 cc lb xev6 auto. I tried one of those cold air intakes and the ads are right. It improved my power (acceleration/top speed) tremendously. The only draw back was that it made a dramatic difference in my gas mileage. Went from about 18 mpg to 14 mpg. The cold air intake bypasses the intake air temperature sensor. I took it out, and now I'm trying a K&N panel air filter to see if that helps. You might want to look at the K&N fuel injection perfomance kit. They claim to really help your power and gas mileage. The only problem is the cost (about $200). Check out Ebay under Frontier parts and accessories. Lot of good stuff in there.
obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:27 PM   #7
cpndanger
AF Newbie

I think you should go with the supercharger. You can pick them up cheap on ebay and they bolt right down on top of the lower intake. Buy the intake tubing and up grade the air box and make the swap your self. Its not hard or expensive. If you want to go larger,go with the eaton m90 from any series 2 3.8L GM ( gtp or regal gs engine code L67), it has the same demintions and bolt patter as the m62. Hook up a good exhaust (I like the dual setup that Custom Tube Products makes) and enjoy you extra 40+ horse. Remember, natraly asparited and forced induction cams are cut different. Also keep and eye on compression ratio. p.s. I'm also doing the same swap on my 2000 crew so let me known how yours turns out.
cpndanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:56 PM   #8
joeb2112
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_zermeno
keep in mind the a SC creates this load howl, very noisey, from the bay, at full load - it may soud great a first, get's annoying imho over time..

cold air is it - but it kills you at the pump..
joeb2112 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara