Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 06:25 PM   #1
ismmistic
AF Newbie

Question accord camber problem

I have a 97 accord and it is slammed to the ground with very bad camber so i bought a Sprint camber kit. When i went to get it installed it rubs agianst the fender befor it is to the point where it is actually doing any good. So my question is, am i able to but a shorter upper controll arm? Also i have heard of people with civics using Accord lower controll arms to produce negative camber for better cornering so i was wondering if i would be able to use a civic lower controll arm to help correct my problem? if anyone has any advice please help me out. Thanks alot
ismmistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 09:25 PM   #2
EliteAccordPH
AF Fanatic

If your lower then 2.25" then your upper control arm will hit your fender. You can roll your fenders or raise your car to at least 2.25" .
EliteAccordPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 09:47 AM   #3
illestaccord
AF Newbie

do u take it to a body chop to do it or wat???...i would like to know cuz i think i might runn into this problem
Old 12-07-2001, 10:35 AM   #4
ismmistic
AF Newbie

So there isn't any kind of adapter i can buy? does anyone know if a civic lower controll arm will fit on my accord and pull the camber in? Do you have any idea how much if cost to get the fenders rolled out? what exactly do they do when they do this? thanks alot..
ismmistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:24 PM   #5
EliteAccordPH
AF Fanatic

The Civic one will not work.
EliteAccordPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 03:51 AM   #6
greg severson
AF Newbie

YOU HAVE A COMMON PROBLEM WHEN GOING LOW. THE FRONT UPPER A-ARMS WILL HIT THE UNIBODY WITH EXCESIVE CAMBER ADJUSTMENT. THERS NOT ALOT TO DO ABOUT THIS BESIDES TRYING TO HAMMER THE UNIBODY TO GAIN ALITTLE CLEARANCE BUT ITS NOT THAT MUCH. IVE HEARD OF ONE GUY CUTTING OUT SOME OF THE UNIBODY AND REBOXING IN THE AREA TO KEEP STRENTH IN THE BODY, BUT I HAVENT SEEN IT OR CAN SAY ITS SAFE TO CUT IT. FOR THE REAR THE CAMBER KITS ARE KIND OF A WAST WHEN YOU CAN ADD ALIGNMENT SHIMS AND LONGER HARDENED BOLTS TO DO THE SAME THING FOR THE REAR UPPER CONTROL ARMS. THNE YOU CAN ONLY GO AS FAR AS THE FENDER ALLOWS . THE REAR FENDERS CAN BE ROLLED TO GAIN THAT LITTLE BIT OF NEEDED CLEARANCE, SPEAKING FROM EXPERIANCE. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
greg severson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 02:02 PM   #7
Dezoris
Mod for life

Send a message via AIM to Dezoris
The best way, is body modification (expensive)
Or just raise it up, why is it slammed, if you are into show then it would be wise do just have the fenders/frame modded
Old 12-18-2001, 12:50 AM   #8
jdmakkordman
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to jdmakkordman
i've done it but no accord parts will not fit on your civic...i cut the inner 1st layer of firewall where the upper control arm hits pounded it a little more with a hammer and pipe for an extension and voila! no external damage and a little bent up inner firewall but no big deal and most importantly, no expensive body mods.

problem solved but you'll need a dremel tool or other similar device to cut the inner firewall 1st layer and no you can't pound it or roll it (i tried for about 3 hours)
jdmakkordman is offline   Reply With Quote