Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Prius
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 08:53 AM   #1
fiero355v8
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to fiero355v8
Unhappy Keyless entry Remote ?

I will be taking delivery of my '06 Prius in mid- July and have a question That my salesman can't seem to answer. Like most Toyota sales people I have dealt with , he has VERY little knowledge of the Prius ! If Toyota did send the sales people to a Hybrid seminar - most slept through it in my opinion !
Anyway, my question is -does the Prius come with one remote or two ?
I thought this was a fairly basic question , and the dealership went brain dead
on this one ! Can anyone give me a definate answer ? I have emailed Toyota directly,but have gotten no response in the last two weeks since sending it.
Any help is really appreciated ! Thanks !
fiero355v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
jstack6
AF Newbie

Re: Keyless entry Remote ?

All my freinds with new Pirus got 2 remotes. I haven't been told they had to order it extra or pay extra for the 2. a 3rd or you can have up to 4 would have additional costs but could be ordered. A local dealer has them for $201 each, w/free programing and ket cutting. Others in the area were 250 each and 50 to program.

I have a used one and just got one. As you know it does have a manual key in case the battery in the remote is low.

Last edited by jstack6; 06-09-2007 at 10:56 AM.
jstack6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
jstack6
AF Newbie

maybe check on http://priuschat.com/ to see what those owners have in the line of keyless entry. some dealers might be different that others.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
Philo
AF Regular

The Prius does come with two remotes. The manual details how to get a replacement if one is lost, broken etc. I assume from that information if you wanted a third you can get it. The dealer will be able to get it for you and program it to your car.
Philo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
richardGear
AF Newbie

I have a 2004 and the dealer sold it to me as a used car. it came only with the original (toyota sinbol silver on back)keyless remote (badly treated). I found out that the Toyota dealer can sell you a new remote for $180(they can program it). If you have problems opening the doors try changing the battery on the remote(this worked for me). You can always use the mechanical key that comes with the remote, and just insert the remote into the keyhole on the dash. Hope this helped in some way.
richardGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
priusduck
AF Newbie

I've got an '03 Prius and I've followed the programming instructions numerous times and I still can't make the @#$^ work. I've got the proper FCC ID (HYQ12BAN) and nothing happens. HOWEVER...thee might be something wrong with the locks on the car, as I have to lock the left and right side separately. Any ideas??
Ducky
priusduck is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Prius