Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
bsbllplyer
AF Newbie

Nitrous systems

i have been wanting to put a nitrous system in my 1997 chevy s-10 2.2 liter truck. i have cold air intake full length headers and bullet exhaust muffler and tip. One of the questions is dry or wet system. also i need a rev killswitch and electric bottle opener. any information about an application that would fit my truck best would be appreciated. if you can think of anything else i need im open for suggestions.
bsbllplyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
spencer adamz
AF Newbie

Re: Nitrous systems

Wet-Kits: Wet-Nitrous either uses it's own supply of gas or taps a fuel line and injects gasoline via an extra injector solenoid. Wet kits allow for precise fuel metering, but can strain the fuel system if they scavange too much.

Dry-Kits: Dry kits rely on "existing" Fuel sorces to provide the extra gas. Extra gas is acomplished through either increasing the fuel pressure, or having the computer add more fuel. 10 years ago Dry kits normally meant either adding fuel pressure by injecting nitrous into the fuel-pressure regulat vaccum control line or adding it via a computer modification to the ECM. Today "dry kits" typically blow through a Mass Air Flow Meter and rely on it to detect the extra oxygen and provide more gas. Advatanges: Easy to install. Disadvatages, you're asking the fuel system to do something it wasn't designed to do and that can cause problems.

so watever you want and as far as the electric bottle opener make your own tis easy
spencer adamz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Performance