Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #1
viper92086
AF Newbie

what are these and how do i get rid of them

Hey guys i just joined the forums in hope to answer my problem. I have these watermark looking dots all over my paint but they aren't water marks. i've tried claybarin the car with no results. Paint is a single stage from maaco. This started happening about 2 years after i got it painted. What happens is on a bright sunny day the marks come out and are really noticable. BUt they aren't always there. What else is weird is that say i let this car sit in the sun after i wash it and dry it the marks will slowly fade. THe marks are always in the same spot so thats how i know they aren't water marks.

viper92086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
BoricuaPaintFan23
AF Newbie

Re: what are these and how do i get rid of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper92086 View Post
Hey guys i just joined the forums in hope to answer my problem. I have these watermark looking dots all over my paint but they aren't water marks. i've tried claybarin the car with no results. Paint is a single stage from maaco. This started happening about 2 years after i got it painted. What happens is on a bright sunny day the marks come out and are really noticable. BUt they aren't always there. What else is weird is that say i let this car sit in the sun after i wash it and dry it the marks will slowly fade. THe marks are always in the same spot so thats how i know they aren't water marks.

Viper>Just an idea here but using a buffer to compound and polish the finish seems like the best idea here. You can pick up small amounts of both the compound and and the polish at most automotive paint jobbers. The 3M part number for the compound is 39002 and the polish is 39009.

Got both hands on my nine like a quarter to 10.
BoricuaPaintFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
icovernanotech
AF Newbie

Re: what are these and how do i get rid of them

You should definitely try looking up iCover Nanotechnology Paint Coat Set. you will solve this problem and prevent it from rehappening...
icovernanotech is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General