Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #1
BC~BR
AF Newbie

If Nissan made a supercar?

If Nissan made a supercar how do you think it will turn out performance wise?
BC~BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: If Nissan made a supercar?

Pretty good. The GT-R may end up being in the league of the 'junior supercars' like the 911 Turbo, F430, and Gallardo. It'd be interesting to see Nissan offer something above the GT-R's level. Maybe a new R390 or something.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:48 PM   #3
BC~BR
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQuick
Pretty good. The GT-R may end up being in the league of the 'junior supercars' like the 911 Turbo, F430, and Gallardo. It'd be interesting to see Nissan offer something above the GT-R's level. Maybe a new R390 or something.
Yeah me and a friend of mines were talking about that. If they put in as much dedication into making a top end supercar like they did with the fairlady Z and GTR. It might reach the levels of Koenigsegg and Mclaren.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:14 AM   #4
mmcleo11
AF Regular

I am building a supercar with mostly Nissan parts, 800+Hp in a 1760Lb(800Kg) car with 600+FtLbs(800Nm) of torque.

Engine mounted in the rear, scissor doors, GTR Skyline double wishbone suspension(but all fully adjustable parts) and a few other unique parts.

Aiming for a sub 9 second pass on the ¼ mile. Once the gear ratios are sorted, I will be eating Koenigsegg, Ferrari and Mclarens for morning tea

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
Boyd Coddington 19" Turbine Wheels
AP Racing 4 Piston Brakes
Tein Coil over Suspension
HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
mmcleo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

just look at the nissan r390. That should tell you enough lol.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #6
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

you do know that the GTR doesnt have double wishbones in the rear right?
oh on this note, the current rumor is the new skyline is going to be released as a NISSAN not an infiniti, thus leaving room for a faster better version later on if the new supra ends up kicking the GTRs ass.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #7
BC~BR
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways...
oh on this note, the current rumor is the new skyline is going to be released as a NISSAN not an infiniti, thus leaving room for a faster better version later on if the new supra ends up kicking the GTRs ass.
The new car thats coming out is a GTR not a skyline.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:16 AM   #8
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

its still a skyline though.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:05 PM   #9
BC~BR
AF Newbie

Quote:
its still a skyline though.
Why? The R35 is not a skyline, its the first GTR to not be based on one. If it was it would of looked like the new G35.

Last edited by BC~BR; 09-22-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:25 PM   #10
mmcleo11
AF Regular

Quote:
Who says I cannot use the front double wishbones in the rear... I am building the car from scratch

These:

are similiar to the rear upper arms and toe arms I am using. The lower control arms are custom items and yes, they are a lower wishbone design.

This:

is a picture of the body shell I am using. Twin roof scoops will feed the rear mounted intercooler, while the radiator is mounted in the nosecone. The above car is actually fitted with a 500Hp RB26DETT and uses a specially made 4WD gearbox. It does 0~100Km/h(60Mph) in around 3.2 seconds and does the ¼ mile in under 11 seconds...
With my own car being fitted with a lightweight, all alloy 4 cylinder and a 1000Hp turbo and only driving the rear wheels... it should see a mid 8 second pass

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
Boyd Coddington 19" Turbine Wheels
AP Racing 4 Piston Brakes
Tein Coil over Suspension
HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
mmcleo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #11
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC~BR
Why? The R35 is not a skyline, its the first GTR to not be based on one. If it was it would of looked like the new G35.

there is no R35. they havent released what designation the new GT-R is going to be yet, and anything youve heard is speculation. the v35 is a skyline and it had no GT-R model up until now. you could say that the new upcoming GT-R is based on it anyways because it uses the exact same platform and engine...thats close enough for me. im not sure what else you need for a car to be considered "based on"...

Old 09-25-2006, 01:35 AM   #12
BC~BR
AF Newbie

Quote:

there is no R35. they havent released what designation the new GT-R is going to be yet, and anything youve heard is speculation. the v35 is a skyline and it had no GT-R model up until now. you could say that the new upcoming GT-R is based on it anyways because it uses the exact same platform and engine...thats close enough for me. im not sure what else you need for a car to be considered "based on"...
Oh there isnt a R35?
http://www.nissanusa.com/gt-r/
http://www.r35gtr.com/
Nissan hasnt said anything about the engine except that it will ether be a TT V6 or a NA V8. They wouldent be making that car while making this if they had a GTR version of it. http://www.automobilemag.com/future_...iti_g35_coupe/
Thats a skyline the upcoming R35 isnt if it was it would of been known pubically by now especially with the release date just a year away.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:13 PM   #13
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

ok your a dumbass. neither of those links said ANYTHING about the new GT-R being called an R35. the R chassis is dead. it started with the DR30 and ended with the R34. thats it.

the new GT-R isnt being called a skyline in the U.S. because its part of carlos ghosn's new world marketing strategy. he wanted the skyline name to be synonimous with previous GT-Rs, and wants the new GT-R to create its own legacy. oh, and the GT-R is clearly based off the G35(v35 skyline in japan). go back to middle school if you dont know how to read. jesus christ.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #14
BC~BR
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Re: If Nissan made a supercar?

Quote:
ok your a dumbass. neither of those links said ANYTHING about the new GT-R being called an R35. the R chassis is dead. it started with the DR30 and ended with the R34. thats it.
I was proving the point that the new GTR isnt a skyline Are you that stupid to not realize that? Also your a damn moron if you can't read this.

Quote:
Nissan unveiled it’s Nissan GT-R PROTO yesterday at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show. This model will be the concept where the next Nissan R35 GT-R will be based on. It’s more of a design concept than a full-blown concept car though. No engine specifications or other tidbits about the new car have been revealed so far.

At first glance it looks much like the original Nissan R35 GT-R Concept unveiled at the 2001 Tokyo Motor Show. Nissan’s designer team led by Shiro Nakamura have created a sleek looking mean machine. The body design flows pretty well, looks very aerodynamic. Of course, you have the trademark Skyline round taillamps at the back.
I left it in bold so your dumbass can notice it.

Quote:
the new GT-R isnt being called a skyline in the U.S. because its part of carlos ghosn's new world marketing strategy. he wanted the skyline name to be synonimous with previous GT-Rs, and wants the new GT-R to create its own legacy. oh, and the GT-R is clearly based off the G35(v35 skyline in japan). go back to middle school if you dont know how to read. jesus christ.
Link plz then moron. When your going to claim something then back yourself up. Show me a website where they say the R35 is going to be called the skyline in Japan. Show me where they say the R35 GTR is based off the G35? Stupid ricers.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:15 AM   #15
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC~BR
I was proving the point that the new GTR isnt a skyline Are you that stupid to not realize that? Also your a damn moron if you can't read this.
where the fuck did you get that from? not in any of the links you listed. are you on crack or something? or do you just like pulling quotes out of your ass?

Quote:
Link plz then moron. When your going to claim something then back yourself up. Show me a website where they say the R35 is going to be called the skyline in Japan. Show me where they say the R35 GTR is based off the G35? Stupid ricers.
oh wow. and you think i get all my info from websites? sorry im not on the internet 24 hrs a day. i get out into the REAL WORLD.

and i NEVER said the "R35" will be called a skyline in japan. are you even reading the same words as me?

read this again then please you dyslexic fucker
Quote:
the new GT-R isnt being called a skyline in the U.S. because its part of carlos ghosn's new world marketing strategy. he wanted the skyline name to be synonimous with previous GT-Rs, and wants the new GT-R to create its own legacy.
last time i checked japan was part of the world...

oh and YOUR VERY OWN WEBSITE CONFIRMED THAT THE GT-R WILL BE BASED OFF THE G35!!!!!!

its called the FM chassis. every thing from the murano to the 350Z has it including the GT-R.

you fail at life. go back into your mom's uterus and de-evolve into the nut stain i left on her sheets.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > General Discussion