Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 06:29 PM   #1
tenguzero
AF Enthusiast

Wiring issues with 5th gen accord and reverse indiglo's

You know 'em, you love 'em, it's a question involving indiglo gauge installation I've found a couple faq's about how to go about installing new gauges in a '94-'97 accord, but it seems that they mostly focus on the console/dashboard disassembly issue (all the crap that is necessary just to ACCESS the gauge cluster in this car) but I find precious little about the wiring that was done. So, where did you guys (and girls) hook up the + and - wires that come out of the little inverter box, where is the best place to draw the power from, and ground to? Any input is appreciated, since I don't really want to pay to have the installation done, and I don't have the money to pay for any repairs if electrical issues arise (I absolutely HATE working with the electrical system).
Old 07-14-2002, 07:14 PM   #2
tenguzero
AF Enthusiast

I just remembered that I came across one site where the person spliced the positive and negative wires from the indiglos onto the wires that powered the little light bulb (in the top of the gauge cluster) that lights up the faces. Maybe that is the best way to go, since I wouldn't have to spend time searching for a good ground point...