Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 09:41 PM   #1
elevenup3down
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to elevenup3down
Question Crankshaft Position Sensor Nissan Pickup

I just replaced the Clutch in my 97 Nissan pickup. When i started the engine after the replacement the Check Engine Light came on. When i read the code Its the CPS. When i looked under the truck i found a sensor unattached however i do not remeber taking it out and have no clue where it should go. Can anyone clue me in?
elevenup3down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:13 PM   #2
jeff mcnemar
AF Newbie

Re: Crankshaft Position Sensor Nissan Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevenup3down
I just replaced the Clutch in my 97 Nissan pickup. When i started the engine after the replacement the Check Engine Light came on. When i read the code Its the CPS. When i looked under the truck i found a sensor unattached however i do not remeber taking it out and have no clue where it should go. Can anyone clue me in?
my truck has the same problem, has anyone told you where to plug the sensor in? I can't seem to find where to plug it in
jeff mcnemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:43 PM   #3
shortysdrop
AF Enthusiast

Re: Crankshaft Position Sensor Nissan Pickup

I assume you mean the crank angle sensor? Its built into the distributor. The trouble code is 11. If you use the self diagnosis off the ecu, it will show 1 red flash and 1 green flash. From what I understand if the sensor is bad the whole distributor has to be replaced.
shortysdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
billtech
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Re: Crankshaft Position Sensor Nissan Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortysdrop
I assume you mean the crank angle sensor? Its built into the distributor. The trouble code is 11. If you use the self diagnosis off the ecu, it will show 1 red flash and 1 green flash. From what I understand if the sensor is bad the whole distributor has to be replaced.
*** Finally FOUND The Crank Position Sensor! On TOP Of Engine Block, below the cyl head, An Inch Forward Of The Bell Housing, Slightly Left Of Center; Can See Only A 6mm Bolt Head From Left Side of vehicle (in my case: a customers 1998 Nissan Frontier 4x4 pickup, 4cyl) Under Hood That Covers The Sensor; Remove This With A 1/4" Flex Socket And Extension; NO Room For 3/8" Sockets In There! Access Blocked By EGR Pipe, Cyl Head, And Firewall. Really Stupid Place. Then After Removing Cover, Can Get Right Hand In If Not Wearing Gloves, Wiggle Slightly And Lifts Up, And Is Plastic With A Tab To The Left Where That 6mm Bolt Goes Through Cover And Sensor. CANNOT SEE Sensor Even After Removed, Since Harness Is Anchored From Other Side And Is Tight. MUST Lift Trans ALL The Way Up TO GET THIS ACCESS.!

and btw, the sensor mentioned above in the DIST is the CAMSHAFT position sensor.

Important thing to know is: the CRANKSHAFT position sensor MUST be removed before the trans is unbolted at the bell housing, or it, the CPS, will very likely be damaged.
billtech is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > General Discussion