Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 02:40 PM   #76
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by fselldorff
no, i didnt buy it at auction, that was before me.
oh, ok. Thanks for that. I was under the impression from the roundel article you got it at an auction. I haven't read it in a while so i may have forgotten some details.

Cheers
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:38 AM   #77
TcarR
AF Regular

Think it's time this list was updated. It would be a shame to let such a good list get out of date.

BTW: I know i've tried to convince you guys that the silver car in peloton's avatar was XP3, but has anybody found any conclusive prove? (i've been away for a while).
TcarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:50 AM   #78
jemada
AF Newbie

Re: my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Tiff Needel really really wishes he had enough money to afford a McLaren F1. Unlike that bafoon Jeremy Clarkson, Tiff truly appreciates the cars for what they are and would love to have one.

BTW: Maarten - this is an excellent list so far once you clean it up. Nearly half the road cars are accounted for.

>8^)
ER
serial #014 is not owned by Benny Caiola but by a customer of Wide World of Cars. The gentleman also owns #045
jemada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:28 PM   #79
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: Re: my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemada
serial #014 is not owned by Benny Caiola but by a customer of Wide World of Cars. The gentleman also owns #045
Yeah - that's old information that hasn't been updated. Someone who normally has very good info mentioned Benny was the owner, but I later found that was not the case.

The actual owner's name is Gary Schaevitz. He did recently purchase #045 as well - which I learned was the former Seth Neiman F1. Previously, I think we had his car listed as #012.

#045 came to this country as one of the 7 Ameritech F1s, and was originally owned by Gerd Petrik. It was then acquired by Armen of Newport Autosports and sat on his showroom floor generating interest in his new store. From there it went to Motorcars Intl and eventually landed in Seth's lap. Now the car is with Gary - making him yet another multiple-F1 owner.

It's funny you'd bring this up too, as I just had this same discussion with someone else via email within the past few days.

BTW: Welcome aboard.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:44 PM   #80
will69camaro
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to will69camaro

Not sure if it's been said but i know ralph lauren has 2 F1's and i know one is silve and it has the high mirrors. Beal's mechanic told me this info. Maybe i'll pump him for more info on F1's when i'm there for thanksgiving.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #81
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

There are actually about 2-3 photos of Lauren's silver high-mirrored F1 that have floated through here. None of them are very good at all as they were taken at night without a long exposure and a weak flash.

Heres' one of those shots that I enhanced for clarity with Photoshop. You can just barely see that the mirror is located on the A-pillar.

Clickable for hi-res...

His other F1 is reportedly silver also, but it's not known which chassis is which. If you can find out more, that would be great.

>8^)
ER
Old 10-19-2004, 03:13 PM   #82
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Lauren owns 74 and 55. You should know that
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:32 PM   #83
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Right - I knew the chassis numbers themselves, but I don't think anyone knows whether #074 or #055 is the one with the high mirrors.

>8^)
ER
Old 10-20-2004, 12:23 AM   #84
a5678
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
There are actually about 2-3 photos of Lauren's silver high-mirrored F1 that have floated through here. None of them are very good at all as they were taken at night without a long exposure and a weak flash.

Could you maybe link those photos, or send them to me if you have them? I would greatly appreciate it.
a5678 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1