Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Audio/Security
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Audio/Security car audio, security.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 12:42 AM   #1
Brian P
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Brian P Send a message via AIM to Brian P
makeshift mp3 player

so ive got nothing better to waste my money on. so i'm thinking i'm going to buy this mini-laptop.

http://webshop.fujitsupc.com/fpc/Eco...n.do?series=P1

• 733MHz Crusoe™ TM5800 processor with LongRun™ Power Management
• 8.9" wide-format XGA TFT with touch screen
• 256MB memory¹
• 20GB hard drive²

the next model up (the P2000) has a DVD/CD-RW drive, but I dont think i need that.

My idea is to load up all my tunes on it, and mount it somehow so it sits above the shifter, kinda like the police have their laptops. the mounts themselves should not be permanent, and the laptop should be able to just "snap" (or whatever) in and out easily, so i can take it to work and school or whatever. would be cool to have it on a swivel base, or moveable arm, kinda like a desklamp.

i'll use one of those cassette adapters that youd get with oldschool discmen so you could play it through the cassette deck.

the tricky part is figuring out how to jump around the playlist in winamp. i think i'm just going to mount a mousewheel behind the steering wheel, and use the wheel to change songs with the winamp playlist.

so, any suggestions on where/how to mount it? i havent measured yet, but i dont think itll fit inside that little storage space thats underneath the bose headunit.

thanks

Last edited by Brian P; 10-07-2002 at 01:17 AM.
Brian P is offline   Reply With Quote