Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 09:03 PM   #16
whitetrash982
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to whitetrash982
Re: Re: New moter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverBoardProject
That is a good price dmbrisket.

It's weird. my gf for 2 years and I broke up in Jan, and I was able to take a 3 week holiday 2/3 of the way across Canada in Febuary.
I'm 1/2 kicking myself for taking her back, and the progress on my toys is really suffering as a result.

I don't know how pricy they are but when I was researching into heads this company caught my eye.
http://www.airflowresearch.com/
I don't know anyone that has tried them but if the dyno figures isn't complete bs you'd probably have somewhere around 400hp and lots of torque
If you decide to try them can you let me know how you like them? I have to wait until my next break-up to buy anything like that

i actually bought a set of these heads....for a 327 in my 67 camaro , havent gotten it running..but according to the guy that got me them (a VERy well known machinist in so cal) with the set up im lookin at , i should put out around 550HP , natrually aspirated running 91 octane and carburated too , so , needless to say , THEY RULE!
whitetrash982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:13 PM   #17
dmbrisket 51
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to dmbrisket 51
Re: New moter

Update: no pictures yet, picture a short block, 350, freshly machined to .060 over, on an engin stand in the garauge, but i do have a picture of the heads i just bought (anoter e bay item) they are the center bolt, vortec heads,
well:
and
they look ugly in this picture, but hey, the are freshly redone, and it was a shop, so i trust um
dmbrisket 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:36 PM   #18
dmbrisket 51
AF Fanatic

moms gunna kill me, but i changed my mind for a set of these

decided to go with the 305 heads instead of the 350 heads, now i gotta get rid of the 350 heads that arent even here yet lol
Old 05-02-2005, 09:57 PM   #19
OverBoardProject
Banned

That engine should rip!
You might want to install a flame thrower into the exhaust to really light the night up!

I wish that I had the time to drop a 500 Caddy motor into my motorhome, then rebuild that 350 using those heads your looking to get rid of for my Blazer.
That won't happen for 2 or more years, if ever
OverBoardProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:10 PM   #20
dmbrisket 51
AF Fanatic

moter should go! i ordered some flat top pistons today to up my comp. from 8 something to 10.5 ish, and that was an est. with 64 cc chambers and im going to be using a 58cc chamber so i could hit 11:1 compression there, does anyone know of a good company to get a cam kit from, i want a whole kit, i know nothing about cams, except they open and shut my valves, but as to gears and all that i have no idea what i want, i tryed callen comp cams' 800 number today and it was buys for over 2 hours so i gave up, any one have any sugestions on a good cam kit or a place that will grind a custom cam for me? i figgure if im going to spend the money might as well go all out.
picture of my new pistons

im .060 over, and i hope to god they got that memo, if i get the wrong set (030) i will be [b]pissed off
and overboard if you realy want the heads, pm me, if not they are going to sit on a shelf untill i find a use for them
Old 05-02-2005, 11:51 PM   #21
OverBoardProject
Banned

nice pistons.
I'd love to buy the heads, but I can't really afford it at the moment. My girlfriend is already looking for our next house.

I'm scanning some comp cam info sheets, and I'll e-mail it right to you. My computers security still won't let me post photo's on this forum. (I have to fix that one day)

These prices are in Canadian, so they won't apply to you, but it'll give you an idea what cam you want.
There are just so many to chose from
Old 05-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #22
chcknugget
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to chcknugget
Re: Re: New moter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverBoardProject
That engine should rip!
You might want to install a flame thrower into the exhaust to really light the night up!

I wish that I had the time to drop a 500 Caddy motor into my motorhome, then rebuild that 350 using those heads your looking to get rid of for my Blazer.
That won't happen for 2 or more years, if ever
Why don't you out the 502 in your s10? hahaha

My friend has a 73 coupe deville with a 502, and that thing is a monster!
chcknugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:40 AM   #23
OverBoardProject
Banned

Re: Re: Re: New moter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chcknugget
Why don't you out the 502 in your s10? hahaha

My friend has a 73 coupe deville with a 502, and that thing is a monster!
hmmmm. Now that's an idea. I've got a 2wd s-10 Blazer frame, and I'm getting a clean body on a spare parts 4x4. I wouldn't have to buy plane tickets then, just floor it and I'm there! So long Cops! Hahaha
I know someone with a 1970 High compression Caddy motor, just sitting around. I really wouldn't mind getting that motor droped in my motorhome.
I'm told that it would smoke my duelies with very little work done on it.
Besides I'd like to drop that 350 into that clean parts Blazer making it into a bush buggy (I'm buying it from an impound yard that's been sitting on it for over a year, and there's no papers)

The biggest problem is that I'll never be able to do it until my next break up, and my Girlfriend and I are starting to go house hunting. I might SOL
Old 05-05-2005, 10:06 PM   #24
dmbrisket 51
AF Fanatic

Updade: well pistons and cylender heads arrived today, the look perdy, all machine work was nicly done, thanks to gofast stuff and top line vortec, both have excided my expectations, im having the pistions pressed in tomorrow, but now the task at hand is finding a 96 to 99 vortec intake, and ecm, the ones i can find, are expencive, and all aftermarkets are for carbs. but i dont want a carb, so im on the hunt!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:49 PM   #25
OverBoardProject
Banned

dmbrisket 51, Holley makes some efi chevy manifolds.
I can't promise that they are made for your application since I haven't looked into it.
The part numbers appear to be
9901-101-1
9901-107
300-66
looking in my engine parts catologe
Old 05-05-2005, 10:58 PM   #26
dmbrisket 51
AF Fanatic

its a tb setup, im doin the 96+ application (csfi) which is chevys multi port, more power, ad a little better on gas, they also only have the top half of the plumn, ive looked lol, lots of time invested, and ive come to the conclusion of j yard is the best bet, only other real option is dealer, and thats not happening... autozone, advanced, pep boys, car quest and napa, none of them have the lower plumn, and only have carberator applications for the top half
Old 05-05-2005, 11:08 PM   #27
OverBoardProject
Banned

Holley's 9901-107 sayes it's for gen 1 Vortec head designs
They also sell a fuel rain for it. kit # 9900-172
Plus they mention performance injection kits available.

Like I said, I really don't know, it's just what an engine parts book in front of me shows.

Good Luck, and I hope that you find what you want
Old 05-13-2005, 05:27 AM   #28
jackass#1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to jackass#1

hows everything going?
jackass#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:54 AM   #29
dmbrisket 51
AF Fanatic

going good, got the pistons installed, have the short block gasket kit, and just yesterday i won an intake off e bay for 105 bucks, including upper and lower plumn, injectors, and sencors... STILL on the hunt for a computer and harness, im sure ill come accros one... one question I have is, does anyone know if my 4.3's fuel pump will be enough for the 5.7 or will i need more pressure? same injection style, so i dont see why i would need a "bigger" pump unless 2 injectors flow more then i realize. ill try and get some pics up as soon as moter starts goin together, should be within the next 3 weeks
Old 05-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #30
OverBoardProject
Banned

I looked for a fuel pump not to long ago and if I remember correctly they only listed 1 for later V6 and V8's. It was on the net though, so the company might have just gotten in a genural purpose pump from somewhere

It's possible that they use a different fuel regulator though

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10