Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #46
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Re: Re: Re: Lifter noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael grenko
This is not an opinion, if you read what I wrote I did a test using both my racecar and my 4x4 fitted with a clear differential cover (like this one http://www.cleargearz.com/images/LeftAngleTh.jpg) on the car so I could see what was going on and ran them on a dyno for 100 miles. How is that an opinion it is a real world test. Using a real car on real components. You do know what a dyno is right. It is the closest thing you are going to get to running it down the road. Not some plastic test set up.

The only ignorance here is someone that would believe a small plastic jig you find in automotive display tables is a true test as opposed to a real car running real components at real speeds.
Do me a favor before you call me ignorant try running the test that I did on a dyno with a real car before you base you “expert opinion” on a toy test set up.
Please provide proof of your tests with photos please so we can see your results.

Until then, I will believe actual real world testing over someone's story.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:02 PM   #47
michael grenko
AF Newbie

you will have to wait a month (the car is on its way to las vegas) but I can do that next time we set it up. we run (on the dyno) the car using the acceleraton/deceleration curves for each track that we run so I will have to do the same run next month to get it ready for LA it is easy to add the clear cover then and run it.
michael grenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 05:06 PM   #48
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Re: Lifter noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael grenko
you will have to wait a month (the car is on its way to las vegas) but I can do that next time we set it up. we run (on the dyno) the car using the acceleraton/deceleration curves for each track that we run so I will have to do the same run next month to get it ready for LA it is easy to add the clear cover then and run it.
And remember, we aren't talking about just rear ends here either, we are also talking about foaming in the engine oil and transmission.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #49
michael grenko
AF Newbie

do you know where I can get a clear oil pan and clear manual tans oil pan for a trans?
michael grenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 05:25 PM   #50
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

No.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #51
chris15706
AF Regular

I think the dyno test would prove the actual results of the lucas products more efficiantly. You gotta think about it though. The lab test made by bob could be compared to testing shampoo on a rat. You will never know exactly if the shampoo is good unless you test it in the real world on a human. I would like to see a test on a vehicle before i make a decision on lucas products. The gears in the little box cant be compared to a motor or rear end. But you never know...
chris15706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:13 PM   #52
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Re: Re: Lifter noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris15706
I think the dyno test would prove the actual results of the lucas products more efficiantly. You gotta think about it though. The lab test made by bob could be compared to testing shampoo on a rat. You will never know exactly if the shampoo is good unless you test it in the real world on a human. I would like to see a test on a vehicle before i make a decision on lucas products. The gears in the little box cant be compared to a motor or rear end. But you never know...
It doesn't matter, the oil was perfectly fine and you see the results when the Lucas is added to it.

They use the gear thing in the promotional things in the stores, and now it isn't right?
Old 03-10-2005, 10:20 PM   #53
dmbrisket 51
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to dmbrisket 51

damn, talking lucas in here is like talking politics
dmbrisket 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:10 PM   #54
chris15706
AF Regular

Yeah i think im in the middle of the road on the lucas issue. I tried out the lucas for my lifter knock because it said it will quiet down noisy lifters. It didnt really do a damn thing so i dont know if it works or not. I think my truck just needed a lifter job but i dont have to worry about that because i traded it in . The dealer didnt even test drive my truck so i was lucky.... My little brother put some lucas in his 63 chevy truck and it stopped the smoking problem it had. I also think those gear demo things with the lucas in it is a bad example. It just makes me think, well damn if i ever put some lucas in an erector set ill be in good shape.
chris15706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 01:27 AM   #55
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris15706
Yeah i think im in the middle of the road on the lucas issue. I tried out the lucas for my lifter knock because it said it will quiet down noisy lifters. It didnt really do a damn thing so i dont know if it works or not. I think my truck just needed a lifter job but i dont have to worry about that because i traded it in . The dealer didnt even test drive my truck so i was lucky.... My little brother put some lucas in his 63 chevy truck and it stopped the smoking problem it had. I also think those gear demo things with the lucas in it is a bad example. It just makes me think, well damn if i ever put some lucas in an erector set ill be in good shape.
It stopped the smoking because it thickened the oil.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:31 AM   #56
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbrisket 51
damn, talking lucas in here is like talking politics
Not really, it is just the fact that people are so brainwashed by this crap that they won't even believe that it is crap when they have photos and tests right in front of them.

You could satisfy and prove everything to them and they will find some kind of excuse that the tests are wrong blah blah blah....
Old 03-11-2005, 04:54 PM   #57
Cam1959
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbrisket 51
rerun the test, and take pictures/vidieo, please, then we have visual to compair it to, im not flameing or calling bs, but blazerlt has stated his case and proof, it is now your turn to do the same, its like when you go to court, the da has to prove the burdon of proof, not the innocent
well, he's likely feeling to heck with y'all and won't bother. i appreciate the info from both sides. the real test seems more reliable. i think i speak for many when i say it would be greatly appreciated if you did take the time and trouble to show us the proof. thanks for your info.
Cam1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #58
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

If anyone wants proof of Lucas tranny aditive foaming, here it is:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/...=002696#000000
Old 03-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #59
movin2stereo
AF Enthusiast

Well all this Lucas bashing and I just so happened to put some in the wife's Cavalier awhile ago.The Cavy holds about 5 quarts(because I put a oil filter relocation kit on it).So I use 4 1/2 quarts of oil in it and a 1/2 quart of Lucas in it.Now I just changed the oil and started it up and left it warm up and then drained the oil.Guess what?NO AIR BUBBLES or FOAMING.The oil had about 3300 miles on it so it wasn't so black that I couldn't see.Somebody explain this.I watched the video of that Bob guy and looked at the tranny pic.Now why did that happen on their tests and it didn't happen to me.

Stickerchick.com,best decals on the net
Click here

My $12.00 Sunfire
movin2stereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 06:39 PM   #60
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2stereo
Well all this Lucas bashing and I just so happened to put some in the wife's Cavalier awhile ago.The Cavy holds about 5 quarts(because I put a oil filter relocation kit on it).So I use 4 1/2 quarts of oil in it and a 1/2 quart of Lucas in it.Now I just changed the oil and started it up and left it warm up and then drained the oil.Guess what?NO AIR BUBBLES or FOAMING.The oil had about 3300 miles on it so it wasn't so black that I couldn't see.Somebody explain this.I watched the video of that Bob guy and looked at the tranny pic.Now why did that happen on their tests and it didn't happen to me.
Who knows, but the photos I have shown speak for themselves.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10