Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 10:20 PM   #61
Soyo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Soyo
Re: Nissan 350SX.......what????

I just want some companies to make some simple looking cars... all the new cars are all hightech bubble looking and gay, they kinda have the curves of a porche but they are like double the size and ugly... oh well, old rich people will buy plenty of them I guess

the way I see it is this, America will never see a car that looks like the old muscle cars that domestic tuners love and Japan will never see a car that is so suttle in looks as the great cars of the 80's and 90's... car companies are always trying to find the new trend, but really they just destroy the great cars they started with... I think every car should be based of an earlier version with maybe one new car every 8-10years, but I also don't own any car companies lol
HKS Blow-Off Valve, Stainless brake and clutch lines
Old 01-09-2004, 11:55 PM   #62
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
^^Ah, you ARE aware that the only V6 among the cars you mentioned was the Z? The S2000 and Impreza are both 4cylinder powered.

And currently nissan has the SE-R spec V to compete in the low-end market.
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Old 01-10-2004, 08:33 AM   #63
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nissan 350SX.......what????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1viadrft
VQuick,
.... and by the way: the true Skyline is the GTR! From the beginning!

---1viadrft
Do you realize that you're saying? That's like saying the only true BMW 3-series is the M3.

There was no GT-R in the beginning. In the beginning, there was no Nissan Skyline. It was built by a company known as Prince, who was later bought out by Nissan.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #64
terifi
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliquer
^^Ah, you ARE aware that the only V6 among the cars you mentioned was the Z? The S2000 and Impreza are both 4cylinder powered.

And currently nissan has the SE-R spec V to compete in the low-end market.
sorry, yes it was a long day for me yesterday, i dont kno what i was thinking about the s2000, but it would still fall into the 4cyl category as hondas "entry", making just one more competitor, and yes...the subaru too is a 4cyll.... i dont kno what i was thinking....however the subarau sti as well as the new lancer evos.....are turbocharged...whoever said that turbos are declining....apparently, some of the brand new 2004's are made with turbos...and might i add they ARE available in the US....factory turbos arent dead

and yes, with the Z only pushing 287, a 215hp "sx" would be too close of a competitor to the Z, i think that nissan simply chose the glory of the Z to move on, and i think they did a good job, just no luck for us SXers, maybe theyll make a turbo'ed 350 in a year or two, the only problem is 300 seems to be the high end of the 20-40k budget in america, if you look at all those cars listed above, most (if not all...dont feel like checking the stats) have a higher end or stock package that gives the driver between 200-300 hp, alot of those cars are 4cyl, why, because they are better on gas, lighter, easier to make, and easier to fix (at least from what ive heard) so why not focus on making 4cyl some where in the mid 200s. the 350z make 287 hp, the sti is putting out 300, could you turbo the Z, yes, but for the average consumer, it seems alot nicer when u buy a car that is all assembled the way u want when u buy it....not to say many of us dont like working on our cars....but the general population

again...just my opinion (thanks for the correction Fliquer)
Old 01-10-2004, 01:54 PM   #65
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
3.5 litre V6 S15 sounds like an utter absolute tranvesty

and a 350SX sounds like a pointless idea. Why bother? There's already the 350Z and the new skyline. It would be pointless for nissan to have three cars with the same engine.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:08 PM   #66
stealthj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stealthj

nissan is an idiot, they are next to mitsubishi and mazda in reliability....

im trying to slel my piece of shit and the front seal is leaking i jus found out today.....

and i thoguth it was the thermo sensor.....

im thinking of selling all my cars to get like a year 2000 accord or something.....

something that i wont have to fix everyday....

NOT!
Old 01-11-2004, 12:20 AM   #67
Soyo
AF Fanatic

I say they make a 2.6(do they have those?) or some type of large 4cyl non-turbo(not the KA though) not that I don't like the KA but we need something new... like a TR26DE, thats a cool sounding one haha but they should make it have like 180hp and 180lbs torque(give or take 10hp or lbs) and should stress getting the car to be under 2700lbs. make it about the same size as a 240/silvia/rx7(FC)/S2000 but focus on suspension big time, I would say base suspension off of the rx7 just because it is amazing at highspeeds and has the best lateral acceleration, it would be the best new drift/auto x car on the market. make it stock with 16x7 wheels and like 225/45H16 tires(or something close)

make it available in coupe or hatchback like the 240 but only a 2 seater with cargo boxes in the back like FC the rx7. looks should be based off of the front of a 3000gt(because it has an agressive look stock) or an FD3S rx-7, and yes it should have flip up head lights. then the back of an S2000 on the coupe and the back of either a supra or viper on the hatch.. I'm not saying look exactly like them but just kinda take ideas from them for the design. I don't know, just a thought.

basically give it a natural sport look with nice curves without going crazy and making it look bubbly, give it great suspension, fairly decent power, comfortable ride with comfy bucket seats, do a lot of engine testing to make sure its as reliable as possible, and mass produce the 5spds and keep production of auto low.

standard: CD player, tilt wheel, cruise, power locks and windows, 16x7 wheels, small rear wing(like FC RX7), whatever else comes standard on most sports cars now days lol

optional: sliding moonroof or sunroof(whatever the difference is), leather interior, auto adjust suspension, 17x7.5 wheels, larger rear wing(like turbo supras), tinted windows, and some other stuff maybe, I don't know what all options cars come with haha

and ofcourse it must be front engine/rear wheel

Old 01-11-2004, 08:40 PM   #68
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by terifi
and yes, with the Z only pushing 287, a 215hp "sx" would be too close of a competitor to the Z
Not really. Don't forget, sticking with Silvia tradition, the S16 would have to be a four seater. That probably means that an FM-based S16 would have to use the G35's longer wheelbase to make room for the rear seats. That also means more weight for the S16, which will help slow it down a bit and set it below the Z.

The 350Z weighs somewhere around 3188lbs, and produces 287hp. That makes for a power to weight ratio of 180hp/ton.

The G35 Coupe weighs 3435lbs, and has 280hp. The power to weight for it is around 163hp/ton.

The S16 would probably weigh somewhere between the G35 Coupe and the Z. Let's be optimistic, and say it's 3200lbs. I personally wouldn't be surprised if it were more, especially if Nissan used the G35 Coupe's wide track variant of the platform. The G35 sedan's version would save some weight, and the narrower body would further differentiate the Silvia from the Z, G35 Coupe, and GT-R.

The maximum production output for a VQ25DE is 215hp so far. That gives my proposed Silvia a power to weight ratio of 134hp/ton.

With the 240hp VQ25DET I suggested, the ratio improves to 150/ton.

Only with the full tune 276hp VQ25DET do you get very close to the Z, with 172hp/ton.

Even if the Silvia is cheaper, it won't steal sales from the Z, because it simply won't be fast enough. This will be a great entry-level car for folks just getting into the world of Nissan sports cars.

1. SE-R: A good four door sport compact.
2. Silvia: Entry-level enthusiast.
3. 350Z: Mid-level, "macho" car.
4. G35 Coupe: Luxury sports car.
5. GT-R: The ultimate sports car.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:46 PM   #69
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Oh, I just though I'd mention one other option.

Renault has a new 2L turbo 4 banger that makes 230hp. If you want a turbo 4 in the S16 anytime soon, that might be your best and cheapest option.

Sure Nissan can do some R&D and boost the QR, but that will take more time and money. Feel like waiting longer and paying more money?
Old 01-11-2004, 11:52 PM   #70
TheLogikal1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TheLogikal1
Re: Re: Nissan 350SX.......what????

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQuick

The S16 would probably weigh somewhere between the G35 Coupe and the Z. Let's be optimistic, and say it's 3200lbs.
thats so dumb

lets say they did make an s16.....

and it did weigh 3200 lbs......

im shoot myself in the mouth.

the lightest supra is 3498 lbs.SUPRA.

SUPRA= the moby dick of japanese sports cars.

its heavy garbage.

the silvia is known for its light-weight-ness (if thats even a word)

thats all i hafta say about that

1994 lexus sc300 (dead)
tein cs
kenwood flip out 7'' screen

1995 Nissan 240sx 5 speed (dead)
GP Sports Spec-D exhaust
Custom Carbon Fiber Intake
17'' ricer wheels in Kumhos

hahaha stole this pose off of koguchi...my shirt makes me look fat...ahaha
Old 01-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #71
Soyo
AF Fanatic

yea my idea is definately the best...
Old 01-12-2004, 08:18 AM   #72
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Nissan 350SX.......what????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyo
yea my idea is definately the best...
And also the most expensive. There's no such thing as a TR motor. Is Nissan just supposed to whip one up?

Quote:
standard: CD player, tilt wheel, cruise, power locks and windows, 16x7 wheels, small rear wing(like FC RX7), whatever else comes standard on most sports cars now days lol
optional: sliding moonroof or sunroof(whatever the difference is), leather interior, auto adjust suspension, 17x7.5 wheels, larger rear wing(like turbo supras), tinted windows, and some other stuff maybe, I don't know what all options cars come with haha
Look at your choice of equipment. And you want this thing to be affordable??

Compare that to this:

Quote:
Different trims levels can be offered, like on the 350Z.
Sport: Base model. Only four speakers(maybe just two in the front!), no leather, no Xenon lights, no Navi, etc. Either 15 or 16 inch wheels. Lightweight stripper, great car to start out with for ~$18k.
Touring: Six speaker Bose stereo. Leather, Xenon lights, Navi optional. 17 inch wheels. Comfortable, but still a bit sporty. Maxes out at ~$24k.
Track: A Sport model with stiffer springs, 4-piston Brembos, and forged 17 inch Rays wheels. The ultimate, costing up to ~$24k.

You're hardly living up to your SN on that one. You can't have everything in this world. Do you want to try waiting for Nissan to make a lightweight rwd platform for the Silvia? If so, be my guest. Just don't go holding your breath.

If you want a Silvia that is actually viable for production now, affordable, has the potential for sales in the US, and still quite capable, then something along the lines of my idea is our chance.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #73
TheLogikal1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TheLogikal1
Re: Re: Re: Nissan 350SX.......what????

Quote:
And also the most expensive. There's no such thing as a TR motor. Is Nissan just supposed to whip one up?

Quote:
Look at your choice of equipment. And you want this thing to be affordable??

Compare that to this:

Quote:
Different trims levels can be offered, like on the 350Z.
Sport: Base model. Only four speakers(maybe just two in the front!), no leather, no Xenon lights, no Navi, etc. Either 15 or 16 inch wheels. Lightweight stripper, great car to start out with for ~$18k.
Touring: Six speaker Bose stereo. Leather, Xenon lights, Navi optional. 17 inch wheels. Comfortable, but still a bit sporty. Maxes out at ~$24k.
Track: A Sport model with stiffer springs, 4-piston Brembos, and forged 17 inch Rays wheels. The ultimate, costing up to ~$24k..

You're hardly living up to your SN on that one. You can't have everything in this world. Do you want to try waiting for Nissan to make a lightweight rwd platform for the Silvia? If so, be my guest. Just don't go holding your breath.

If you want a Silvia that is actually viable for production now, affordable, has the potential for sales in the US, and still quite capable, then something along the lines of my idea is our chance.

it seems to me that your listing down a bunch of totaly general things and putting a price tag on it.

i can do that too. i want a rwd, with cd, p/w, p/w, moonroof, turbo, stock fang kit, 18 inch alloys, and i want it for 5 grand, but thats not happenin

soyo listed very practical standard equipment. i havent ridden in any modern car with out that equipment standard.

then you use words like "sporty" and "the ultimate" but you dont even describe what thats supossed to mean. comfortable like the new civic? ultimate like the enzo ferrari? are you like 13? 14 or something?

and rays wheels? hahaha thats such a joke man. even the evolution ($30+k) cant afford rays.

brembos?

dude, youre off your rocker. the things you say just make me wanna mash my mushu.

everything soyo said is so much more imaginable/practical/realistic then yours

1994 lexus sc300 (dead)
tein cs
kenwood flip out 7'' screen

1995 Nissan 240sx 5 speed (dead)
GP Sports Spec-D exhaust
Custom Carbon Fiber Intake
17'' ricer wheels in Kumhos

hahaha stole this pose off of koguchi...my shirt makes me look fat...ahaha
Old 01-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #74
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nissan 350SX.......what????

Quote:
Do you realize that you're saying? That's like saying the only true BMW 3-series is the M3.

There was no GT-R in the beginning. In the beginning, there was no Nissan Skyline. It was built by a company known as Prince, who was later bought out by Nissan.

No-no-no-no-no-no-no! My friend! The first car WAS a GTR... not a SKYLINE-!

---1viadrft
Old 01-12-2004, 11:11 AM   #75
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nissan 350SX.......what????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1viadrft
No-no-no-no-no-no-no! My friend! The first car WAS a GTR... not a SKYLINE-!

---1viadrft
Prove it. The first Skyline was manufactured by Prince in 1955. Prince merged with Nissan in 1966. The first GT-R didn't come along until the 1969-72 body. It was powered by the 160hp L20 I6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogikal1
everything soyo said is so much more imaginable/practical/realistic then yours
That's right. Let's just wait for Nissan to build a whole new motor and chassis! Maybe we'll get it by 2030.

How on earth do you expect a modern Silvia to weigh 2700lbs?? The 240SX hasn't been that light in nearly 10 years. It's a fact of life. Cars get more modern, the gov't requires more safety equipment, and cars get heavier.
Now, one of the only ways to keep cars light is to use special construction methods, and that costs extra money. Even then, it has it's limits. For example, the new Invicta S1 produced in the UK uses a body made entirely from carbon fiber that weighs only 44lbs...and it still weighs over 3000lbs. Nissan did what they could with the Z to keep it light. Remember the carbon fiber driveshaft?