Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
fuzzypuppy
AF Regular

Injectors spray wide open key on but not running.

Haven't posted for awhile but just had an interesting experience on my truck.
I have gone through an ignition control module.
After a module went bad "in a pinch" I replaced it with a new unit from a chain part store, not uncommon the first went bad in about 10 minutes, after installing a second replacement as soon as I hit the key I knew something was wrong, my injectors stayed full open after only turning the key to "on", looked at every other part and deduction played out it was the module.
Of the countless I've replaced over the years this is the first to do this, after replacing the second bad one "3rd one now" everything is back to normal, well except for the 1/2 litter fuel now in my crank case.
I had to go to a different chain store as the one in my area that starts with a capital O accused me or my truck of burning them out, "We never had one of these fail as new", yea I really love laying across my engine jacking with those little fiddly screws.
Know i'm getting older cause I didn't just reach over and smack the boogers outta the massive the 20yr olds teeth for such an accusation. I just requested a refund with my teeth gritted so I could shop somewhere else, not fond of that establishment as it is but I was stranded and on foot.
Anyways, ever have both injectors spray wide open without any cranking just the ignition turned to run, it's likely the ignition module.
Hope this helps someone else who might just experience this and google the phrase.
fuzzypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra