Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Non Specific This is the forum to post and generalized racing questions.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
cHo
AF Newbie

got me..

So I got pulled over on Friday night for my car being too loud and modified exhaust.. Funny thing is that my car has a stock catback and I wasn't even pushing the car whatsoever as my faulty tps doesn't read higher than 50%. Then makes me pop my hood to point out my highly 'modified' cams which are also stock but I lost the front timing belt cover, my intake, bov and intercooler piping. Now the cop is getting mad because I'm 'lying' to him about my modifications and gives me a non-correctable modified exhaust ticket and ref. ticket. So now my car is not deemed legal on CA roads even though everything he pointed out being modified was actually stock..
If I go ref. my car, then I'll actually have to remove the mods I have done to the car which I didn't even get cited for. Seems like the cop was just trying to be a dick. His backup was a younger officer who told me he used to own a turbo/nitrous integra. Upon asking his opinion about the 'modified' exhaust, he told me he wasn't an expert on these cars and couldn't speak as he was a honda guy. Sounded like he didn't want to undermine the other officer's authority..
Then as I'm gettting harrassed about my exhaust, 2 sport bikes and 5 240's all with modified exhausts roll by with not even a glance. A crapload of other modified cars drive by, nothing. Then right above my car is some birds sitting on a telephone wire.. they left 9 gifts for me. Theres a bunch more bullshit that happened that night with the officer but I'll just leave out the details..
All I can say is POWERTRIPPING MOFO..
Time to grow up.. Think I'm gonna save up for a G8 or CTS-V..
Old 05-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Re: got me..

What the hell do you drive? theres no info in your sig.

I was pulled out of my car and almost cited for having red LEDs on the hood of my Eclipse but that was way back when rice was cool.
these days they only pull me over for dark tints but i couldnt care less.

06 GTO: SLP Longtubes, SLP Loudmouth II K&N intake,
Ported Intake Manifold,
Ported Throttle body, MAF screen delete.
Tunned by Jeremy Formato. 381whp, 376wtq.
07 Ion Redline: Bone stock w/ factory Competition package.

In response to a race my wife had while pregnant with our baby:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgclwj
Prediction.... I bet we will hear about a guy down in Miami thats the King of street racing in about 18 years...Way to get him started....
Old 05-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Judging by his avatar he drives a twin turbo Stealth that has the front end falling off.

Sucks to hear that though man. I would go in and show them that the things you were cited for are in fact stock and that you do not deserve this ticket. I just can't believe they gave you a ticket for a stock exhaust. Do you even have a downpipe? DP's can make them a bit throatier but still aren't that loud.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
cHo
AF Newbie

little history of current car..
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=950086

The one in the avatar is my previous stealth which already met it's untimely demise.

I do have a dp, gutted precats, custom test pipe with E-cutout. CBE is stock. I would of invited the officer down to check the mitsubishi stamps on the mufflers but didn't want to reveal too much. He looked and pointed specifically at the tips and asked,'So you're telling me that's not modified.. Don't lie to me.'
I know my car is modified but I would atleast like the effort of trying to prove their point. Instead of just assuming I am and just sending me to a ref without correctable violation. This is the first time in my entire driving career where I got even asked about mods.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

So you got a ticket for having a modded exhaust, and you're pissed because you're saying it's not modded. But then you go on to say it is modded. Then you say he gave you a ticket after you popped the hood, but then you say they did nothing to prove you are modded. Then you say your car has stock cats, then you say your car has gutted cats, then you say you have a test pipe (instead of cats?). With all that crazy shit you have going on with your exhaust don't you think the cops can hear if it's modded or stock? I don't mean to sound like a dick but it sounds like you deserve the ticket.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
cHo
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHo View Post
I know my car is modified but I would atleast like the effort of trying to prove their point. Instead of just assuming I am and just sending me to a ref without correctable violation. This is the first time in my entire driving career where I got even asked about mods.
I never said I had stock cats. The TT 3/S has 2 precats before the main cat. Those are gutted and the main has been replaced. It just sounds more complicated than it is. And you are entitled to your opinion about my ticket.. am I not entitled to post a rant/rave style post on an internet automotive forum..?
Thanks and have a nice day..
Old 05-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #7
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

With no precats or main catalytic converter our cars are a bit louder but are still not that loud. There are certainly many other legal cars out there that have much louder exhaust than a catless TT 3S. My Stillen downpipe eliminates the main cat, front precat, and my rear cat is gutted and it really isn't that loud. I wouldn't say it is really quiet but nothing worth getting pulled over for.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Regardless of wether it is modded or no it is not violating decibal (sp) regulation. a fully gutted set of pipes on a 3S is no where near the illegal sound limit.A Harley or a Mustang with Flowmasters or any V8 with a set of SLP loudmouths is still legal and 3 times louder.
That cop's wife probably ran off with a younger dude who owned a 3S and now he has it out for 3S drivers.

06 GTO: SLP Longtubes, SLP Loudmouth II K&N intake,
Ported Intake Manifold,
Ported Throttle body, MAF screen delete.
Tunned by Jeremy Formato. 381whp, 376wtq.
07 Ion Redline: Bone stock w/ factory Competition package.

In response to a race my wife had while pregnant with our baby:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgclwj
Prediction.... I bet we will hear about a guy down in Miami thats the King of street racing in about 18 years...Way to get him started....
Old 05-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #9
cHo
AF Newbie

I've been pulled over before with my cutout open and nothing..
He was really just out to harass me.. I don't have tint.. I'm not a young 'kid'.. I don't blast the stereo.. Other than the occasional stretching of the legs, I'm actually a very law abiding driver. I'm not one to usually bitch and complain about the law because usually I did something stupid to deserve it. Straight up. This time was for harassment. Since my car was deemed not legal to drive on the road, I had to walk 1.5 miles home at 2am in the morning.
Oh well.. just gonna have to go v8 and be legally obnoxiously loud.. as opposed to modified stealthy quiet..
Old 05-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Ftp!!!

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Old 05-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #11
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

You could just solve all your problems by moving out of that shit hole California and into a good state.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #12
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan View Post
You could just solve all your problems by moving out of that shit hole California and into a good state.

Visiting Cali isn't bad but I would never live there.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #13
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
And you are entitled to your opinion about my ticket.. am I not entitled to post a rant/rave style post on an internet automotive forum..?
Thanks and have a nice day..
Of course you're entitled - I didn't mean for you to get your panties bunched up dude, I'm just saying you've got mods on your exhaust so legal or not be prepared to get hassled once in a while.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan Ryu View Post
Of course you're entitled - I didn't mean for you to get your panties bunched up dude, I'm just saying you've got mods on your exhaust so legal or not be prepared to get hassled once in a while.
I think he is not so much upset about the fact that he has illegal parts, but because he got pulled over unjustly and was then told that the parts that were legal were illegal. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #15
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Quote:
I had to walk 1.5 miles home at 2am in the morning.
I'd file a complaint. Evne if nothing happens, it'll show up on the officers record. They shouldn't (and I think they aren't supposed to) leave you stranded like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL3000gt View Post

Visiting Cali isn't bad but I would never live there.
Like I've always said, its a beautiful place (when not on fire or breaking off into the ocean). Shame about 95% of the people, though.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific