Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 09:36 PM   #1
txbser
AF Newbie

Uh Oh

I posted in the wrong place...sorry!

Last edited by txbser; 02-14-2002 at 06:47 AM.
txbser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 09:40 PM   #2
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
What are you talking about? :huh:
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 01:46 AM   #3
Bronson
Banned

I know, I know

I know what he's talking about.

EFTundra, you know?

Its not that hard for US to understand, but if you're not from Bullschitzen, you might not get the inside jokes/concerns/issues.

Bronson
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:30 AM   #4
dogzpaws
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by jay@af
What are you talking about? :huh:
I know what they are talking about. There are some folks from the TundraSolutions website here trying to get the Toyota owners to go there. Looks like they have posted in the Tundra, Sequoia, and Land Cruiser forums. Interesting. I wonder why they are looking for more supporters?
dogzpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 10:54 AM   #5
dogzpaws
AF Newbie

If I have stirred up trouble, please explain. I know of no such trouble.
Old 01-28-2002, 04:22 PM   #6
Bronson
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jadeTHUNDRA
hey dogzpaws :apoke:

Are you the same "dogzpaws" who has over 300 posts on Tundra Solutions? You aren't planning on stirring up trouble over here too, are ya?

We don't want no stinkin' troublemakers. :bandit:

Ain't that right Bronson? :evillaugh
Das Raight!

Hi Jade and txbser!

Hey Dawgspaws, you axed how you were stirring up trubble on the other site.....like this:

QUOTE from TundraSolutions by Dogspaws:

Say what you will. If you STILL don't understand, then I'm sure you will never get it. I am certainly not whining over $12. This is evidenced by the fact that I have paid Lon the $12 fee and I have made it clear that he is deserving of said money. What you don't get, and what more than half of the people responding to this poll DO GET, is that yes, this is a valuable site and no, people will not come if they have to pay. It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with $12. Hell make it $1. In general, new people won't pay it. They will go elsewhere before they will pay $1. And elsewhere already exists, just do a search on the internet - I have found several other boards (maybe not as successful yet) that offer the same thing that TS offers except they are free. Out of respect for Lon, I will not mention those sites here but you can feel free to look for yourself.

I have a feeling you will not get it until membership declines and you say to yourself - "hey, we just lost most of our technically competent people to that other site." Personally I don't want to see that happen.

UNQUOTE:
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 06:29 PM   #7
dogzpaws
AF Newbie

I don't quite see how that is stirring up trouble. It is simply stating facts of which you have none. I made a clear, concise argument which you have been unable to refute. You seem to think I'm against you all. Quite the contrary. I was trying to find a solution to a problem that clearly exists. You don't see it because you think it is about money. Most businesses that fail do so because they are too close to the subject and can't separate themselves from the money to find a creative solution.

So there is me trying to come up with a solution to the problem. And there was you ignoring the problem. Why can't there be a better solution?
Old 01-28-2002, 06:42 PM   #8
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Moving to Website Discussion.

Topics about Tundras go in the Tundra forum, topics about www.tundrasolutions.com go here. Just so we're all on the same page. In here y'all can discuss internet business models 'til you're blue in the face.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 01:45 AM   #9
jadeTHUNDRA
AF Newbie

Unhappy Uh Oh

Quote:
Originally posted by txbser
Mr Moderator ....where is here????
hi cliffy!!!

now don't start

Mr. Moderator moved your thread to neverneverland:

Automotive Forums .com > Cars in General > Website Discussion > Uh Oh

:jump:
jadeTHUNDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 04:40 PM   #10
Bronsonator
AF Newbie

I heard MJ really, really, really likes kids in neverneverland.

Heyyy, i'' bet dogfeet would like it there to.

My name's Kiiiiiiiiiiid Roooooooocccckkkkkkkkk :smoka:
Bronsonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 11:48 PM   #11
freedivr2
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to freedivr2
Something I'm missing here?

I want to clear something up about what I'm seeing on this website. First, it's a waste of everyone's time who visits this site to sift thru all the trash talk posts that have nothing at all to do with a Tundra. I'd say that unless you own a Tundra or are thinking of buying one, you have no GOOD reason for posting here. It's a shame that a wide margin of the posts here don't have anything to do with the reason for this site. This is a automotive forum, meaning a place to talk about automobiles, in this case, Tundras, right? So let's do that, OK?

I have no problem with a little socialization between members, but that's not what I see in lot of posts and consistantly from the same few users. I've seen plenty of attacks on one member, Dogzpaws, and can't find one reason behind any of the attacks. I've read all his posts and he hasn't been rude or crude to anyone. And, I'm 100% aligned with Dogzpaws because he's interested in talking about his Tundra and sharing with others his experiences with others. He's giving up his own free time to do so. I also don't want to slam any of you who aren't doing the same thing in this forum, but it seems to me to be a total waste of your time to bad mouth people who are trying to do something good and fill this forum up with good information about Tundras, and you're not doing anything at all in that regard. Do those users have ulterior motives? That would be my guess.

My suggestion is that it's time for a moderator or the site administrator to look into posts from folks who are consistantly filling up this site with chat room blah blah and delete all posts that have nothing to do with Tundras and particularly the ones that are disrespectful to other members. That kind of irrelevence and trash just drags down any potential for what otherwise might be a great website.
freedivr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:27 AM   #12
DragonLady
AF Newbie

This thread has nothing to do with the Tundra, and in case you didn't notice, it isn't even in the Tundra Forum.

Automotive Forums .com > Cars in General > Website Discussion > Uh Oh

Maia
:angel:
DragonLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:43 AM   #13
freedivr2
AF Newbie

OOOOPPPPPSSSSSSS

Well that's kinda interesting. I got to this thread by clicking on it in the Tundra forum, but you're absoutely right, the title above shows that's technically it's in the "cars in general" forum.

So now that we've gotten past that "issue", what's your opinion of the CONTENT of the post, Maia.....would you rather just use the Tundra forum to socialize and stuff or does it make sense to you what I was saying? There are some pretty rude posts if you haven't noticed, that have nothing to do with Tundras. If you want my perspective, go over to the Tacoma forum, or of course TS (if they can get it working again, they've been having some kind of server problem today), and you'll see folks actually talking about their trucks. Imagine that!

I'm just a little wierd about expecting things to be used for the purpos which they were designed for. Call me crazy.....
Old 02-08-2002, 01:02 AM   #14
DragonLady
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by jay@af
Moving to Website Discussion.

Topics about Tundras go in the Tundra forum, topics about www.tundrasolutions.com go here. Just so we're all on the same page. In here y'all can discuss internet business models 'til you're blue in the face.
It was moved with a redirect. That is why you could get to it. I don't know what the bickering is about. It took place before I signed up here and at TS.

I don't mind the socializing as long as it is in separate threads. I'm sure AF draws a broad range of people, and there are probably some who are new to this and need a little guidance. The smilies seem to be a big part of the socializing. I understand now why they only allow a few on TS.

I imagine most people who want to talk Tundra are more comfortable talking over at TS since it has been around so long. Seems like everyone is for the most part real friendly over there. The moderators were real helpful when I first signed up. I've never even heard from a moderator here.

Maia
:angel:
DragonLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 02:42 PM   #15
freedivr2
AF Newbie

Exactly

I get the same vib from this site........it's run a whole, whole bunch looser and that's why nobody is cleaning up the heckler's mess, I imagine.

By the way, talking about talking about nothing, I saw a really cool animated dragon on this website, on the Tacoma forum. I think the author's handle was Milxxx (xxx = I don't remember but there was more to it than that). I bet you'd get a kick out of the dragon he or she uses as their signature. Really neat.

Thanks for the response. And help out Tinman........he sounds like a good guy. I'll have to write to him later tonight to say hello, etc.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General