Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Santa Fe > MY 07+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
03Sante_FE
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to 03Sante_FE
07 Sante FE Infinity hissing stereo and front Map lights not going on when door is

All,

I have had two issues I am attempting to chase down and have seen many post about these issues on all the different forums.

I drive a 07 Sante Fe Limited with the Infinity 605 watt system plus the rear entertainment and the 3rd row seat.

My issues are:
1. Front MAP lights on the 07 to date don't come on when you open the door. This is a real safety issue as my wife and daughter will not drive the vehicle at night
due to the almost non existence of light in the front seats when the vehicle is unlocked or the doors are opened. They can’t see if anybody is hiding in the front seat especially when the sun shade is closed. You get no external light to help. My dome light is about 2 inches behind the 2nd row seat into the cargo compartment. I believe this is because I have the sun roof and the DVD entertainment system. Frankly this is not acceptable and does pose a safety risk to the both of them. See pictures. The Front Map lights should illuminate when the doors are opened.

2. The infinity stereo has a hissing in the background that is very noticeable at volume levels below 10. Dealer has opened a case with the Hyundai tech line. # 258277

My dealer has been good but these two issues they say are not fixable at this point in time and referred me to the Consumer Affairs number.

During my conversation with Whitney today at HMA CA, the bottom line is we need to push our dealers as well as HMA Consumer affairs to fix these issues. Everyone who is having these problems must report them the dealers and to HMA Consumer affairs. It’s not good enough to share our stories in the forums. I have include in my case these different forum communications and issues but we must all open separate cases and complaints.

Volume of complaints will get both of these issues resolved. They told me once they get enough information and complaints and they are ready, the ones who have contacted and complained will be notified via a campaign letter.

PLEASE report the problems to your dealer and HMA CA.

Below are the instructions for HMA CA.

- First have your VIN number with you.
- Call HMA Consumer Affairs @ 800-633-5151
- @ first prompt say "Consumer Affairs"
- @ Second prompt say "representative"

You'll now get a human case manager. Inform them of the above mentioned issues and that it's not acceptable.

Together we can drive this change.

Thanks,
Bob
03Sante_FE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Killer Charlie
AF Newbie

Re: 07 Sante FE Infinity hissing stereo and front Map lights not going on when door is

I've just purchased a 2007 Santy and I under stand that the light issue has been addressed. Hyundai has created a new wiring harness to solve the problem. They say that all models manufactured after 6/07 were corrected....if yours still has the problem contact Hyundai Service and they will order and install a harness for you.
Killer Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
monkcup
AF Newbie

Re: 07 Sante FE Infinity hissing stereo and front Map lights not going on when door

They do have what is called a retro fit kit that addresses the lighting issue. They really do not want to admit any knowledge of it at the dealers because they have to install it at no charge, Depending on your interior color what the part # is they use, I found the part # for mine here in the forms and had to actually give them the # before the Customer Service Department would even own up to the part.
I have an 07 also and was wondering if you could tell me if your turnsignal/head light switch and your windshield wiper switch lite up when they come on? Mine did and when they installed they retro lite kit they took the switch signals lighting out. When i contacted them and questioned them about it they told me those switches never did light up. I know mine did so either they lied or someone altered the switches before I bought it.
monkcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
Killer Charlie
AF Newbie

Re: 07 Sante FE Infinity hissing stereo and front Map lights not going on when door

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkcup View Post
They do have what is called a retro fit kit that addresses the lighting issue. They really do not want to admit any knowledge of it at the dealers because they have to install it at no charge, Depending on your interior color what the part # is they use, I found the part # for mine here in the forms and had to actually give them the # before the Customer Service Department would even own up to the part.
I have an 07 also and was wondering if you could tell me if your turnsignal/head light switch and your windshield wiper switch lite up when they come on? Mine did and when they installed they retro lite kit they took the switch signals lighting out. When i contacted them and questioned them about it they told me those switches never did light up. I know mine did so either they lied or someone altered the switches before I bought it.
My 2007 Santy, purchased 12/07, didn't have the light problems. The answer to your question about the turn signal/wiper lights is mine don't and never did light up. Considering that the stalks are constructed of a much thicker plastic my opinion is that they don't light.
Killer Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Santa Fe > MY 07+