Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 01:24 AM   #46
akhedraki
AF Newbie

Re: honda sucks??

Quote:
Originally posted by itsmeek

i love this. now HONDA sucks. wow. i wonder why it's known as the most reliable car company out there along with toyota? i guess I had my cars crossed, it must have been the HYUNDAI and not the HONDA that has been on jd power and associates list every year for the last 10 years. I guess the HYUNDAI is the great car now. Wow, sorry, I must be really confused. It's so easy to ignore raw facts and statistics and put in your own five cents. It's also funny that some PUNK who doesn't know shit about swapping engines into cars has his car breaking down all the time. I've also owned HYUNDAIS and HONDAS and even some Eclipses and even a Starion. All of the cars outlasted the Hyundais which had CONSTANT problems. I coulda sworn I had 2 dealerships. Oh well, I guess the 15 and 16 year olds are the experts now.
First off, don't act like your the shit. You people still don't get it do you. I have a question for you itsmeek. When was the last time you drove a hyundai, and specificaly a tiburon. I don't give a rats ass what the old hyundais used to be. We are talking about 2003 here. Not 98, not 99, not 2000, but 2003. You said that you OWNED Hyundais. I wonder how long ago that was? Stop talking about the old hyundai and start looking at the new. You damn RSX owners and celica owners are in complete denial and don't want to except the fact that the tiburon is a good car. Go test drive one and then talk.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:58 AM   #47
Mach5
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mach5
the civic got last place in a recent comparison with cars in its class
hyundai got 2nd
beat that

the tib gt v6 CAN NOT beat the celica gt-s or the rsx-s BUT it did beat the rsx-s in that race
the 4cyl beta is a freakin awsome tuner motor that can handle good boost and the v6 delta while not yet proven gets real nice gains when modded.
and this has to be the funniest board ever, probably even worse than speedoptions lol

oh yea 300ZX suck monkeyballs, i dont' know about the turbo model but i had first hand experiance with the older Z's non turbo and they were nothing but overpriced tanks
Old 12-04-2002, 03:02 PM   #48
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to NiSmO_zt
to the jackass sporting the tag ---> akhedraki

stupid ass hipocrit, akhedraki. let me ask you this, when was the last time you drove a brand new nissan, say, 350z? or any nissan for that matter. ur such a dumb shit child ricer. brand new cars all ride good and drive nice. i dont mind hyundais that much, but dumb fu . cks like you are worth nothing. go nappy with your blankey you dumb child fag.got.

this is you ---> get a fuc'ing clue dip sh.it

86 300zx @12.5psi
Old 12-04-2002, 03:13 PM   #49
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

lol mach5

you obviously dont know turbo 300zx's. i have no competition with any of these cars you are talkin about, celica gts...tib...etc. the N/A 300zx's were underpowered, about as fast as an older civic si, i can tell from riding in my friends 87 N/A...but 50+ hp make one hell of a difference. and how do you have the balls to call the 300zx the sucker of monkeyballs? you drove an n/a, prolly a 4 seater...they just werent that sporty, the turbos from 85 and up were where it started. i read a whole road and track review comparing the turbo z to the new corvette at the time. the z was .1 seconds slower in the quarter mile, and .1 seconds slower in the 0-60 sprint, but the following years kept those numbers improving. the second gen 300zx is phatty, and the 350z, obviously.

86 300zx turbo @12.5psi
Old 12-04-2002, 04:28 PM   #50
Mach5
AF Newbie

NIZMO you ass monkey
you abviously can't read for shit because i said THE 300Z SUCKS AND WERE OVERPRICED TANKS AND THEN I STATED THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE 300Z TURBOS BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WERE REAL FAST BUT DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM. NOW I NORMALLY DO NOT TYPE IN CAPS BUT FUCKTARDS LIKE YOU CAN'T READ FOR SHIT SO I HAVE TO MAKE THINGS A LITTLE BIGGER FOR FUCKNUTS LIKE YOU.
AND WE ARE SORRY THAT WE CAN'T ALL AFFORD INSURANCE ON A TURBO CAR AND WE ARE SORRY TAHT WE ALL DON'T TUNE SUPERCARS AND "REAL" SPORTS CARS DICK.

some of us have lives and a future and do not have need for such things right now.... asshole.
respect others cars and you'll be respected plus 90% of the boards dont' know shit about cars but what they have heard and read
Old 12-04-2002, 05:33 PM   #51
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

easy guy, i was simply emphasizing what you stated, that you didnt know much about turbo cars. and as for the big image associated with them, i bought my car for $3000 with money i earned over the summer, and insurance is only $80 a month without accidents, its very inexpensive, and i can run with the best of em. i am no fuck tard my friend, i was trying to inform you of the differences between the too, i had no harsh tone with you, lol

86 300zx turbo @12.5psi
Old 12-04-2002, 07:42 PM   #52
Mach5
AF Newbie

ok i'm sorry too
i thought you were implaing that i didn't know the diffrence between a turbo 300z and an N/A 300z
i know the turbos are freakin fast, i'm not an idiot lol
just this site seems to be filled with them from what i'm seeing.... i guess since its got alot of members the idiot factor is greater
no hard feelings i just thought you couldn't read what i wrote

insurance for me on my elantra is freakin 340 a month!!!! what the hell did you do to get it for 80 a month on a turbo???
are you married or something? thats when i'm gonna get a nice car when i'm married so my insurance is cheaper and my record is also clean, never a ticket in my life.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:19 PM   #53
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

factors

there are lots of factors that contribute to insurance, first off is the age of the car, yours is a 2000, so it will have a higher insurance rate, since mine is from the stone age, it wont cost as much. secondly, i only have liability, which means im covered as long as its not my fault, which i hope it never is(i like to think of myself as an aware driver). i am 20 now without any tickets or accidents, i know you said uve never had an accident also, but the car age is prolly the biggest factor.

86 300zx turbo@12.5psi
Old 12-04-2002, 11:39 PM   #54
akhedraki
AF Newbie

Umm. I'm confused. Didn't Nizmo dis me. What the hell did that mach guy have anything to do with it. Nizmo said akhedraki. Whatever. And to what Nizmo said, I said Nissan's suck, true, and yes, in a way I was a hypocrite about that, but I don't think the 350Z sucks at all. Yet the other nissans, in my opinion, suck. I also want to say that you cant really compare a 350Z to a tiburon. For gods sake, the price difference is drastically different. I think the tiburon is the best deal in its class. My thoughts are, why pay so much money for a celica gts or RSX S just because it goes faster than the tiburon. Hell, the tiburon looks good and a lot of aftermarket crap is being made for it. By all means. if you have 26 grand to spare, get the 350Z. But if your like me and can't spend that much, get the tiburon. I would also like to say that I hate seeing guys in there thirties driving a tiburon. It pisses me off. I mean, shit, grow up. You fools look like idiots driving it. Especially when you take a picture of yourself in front of it and post it on the internet. All that shows is that you dont have much money, and you haven't grown up yet. Ok. THats all I have to say. Later people. By the way, why in the hell did you(Nizmo) get so damn mad?
Old 12-05-2002, 08:51 AM   #55
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

listen bud

i got mad cause you think your opinion is fact, saying all older nissans are crap. My "crap" nissan will take your brand new tiburon and walk all over it...and i garantee i spent less than a quarter of what you did. You must not have much pre-2000 nissan experience, or you wouldnt say what you are. your just in denial.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:54 PM   #56
itsmeek
AF Regular

Re: Re: honda sucks??

Quote:
Originally posted by akhedraki

First off, don't act like your the shit. You people still don't get it do you. I have a question for you itsmeek. When was the last time you drove a hyundai, and specificaly a tiburon. I don't give a rats ass what the old hyundais used to be. We are talking about 2003 here. Not 98, not 99, not 2000, but 2003. You said that you OWNED Hyundais. I wonder how long ago that was? Stop talking about the old hyundai and start looking at the new. You damn RSX owners and celica owners are in complete denial and don't want to except the fact that the tiburon is a good car. Go test drive one and then talk.
whatever helps you sleep at night my friend. my cousin traded his 2003 tib in for a celica the other day because like all the articles say. The shifter is slow and clunky, the engine is not very responsive, the doors feel too heavy, the car doesn't handle well, etc.etc. yes i owned a 2001 tiburon and have had many other hyundais. i even liked the old hyundais, to tell you the truth, never had a problem with them. but i would never compare a hyundai to an acura, celica, or even a civic. theres a reason i got an RSX, it's because i can AFFORD the rsx and same with celica owners. i never knocked the tib, just said it should never be compared to a celica or an rsx, there is no comparison as the road and tracks, car and drivers, and motor trends found out. those are the big names out there. we're not talkin about some comparison that hyundai sporttuners did against a non type-s rsx that u guys keep mentioning.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:03 PM   #57
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

just a quickie for meek

yo meek, did you check out the scooby wrx before you got your rsx? my uncle has a wrx and it is sweet, i believe they are in the same general price range...not too sure, but the wrx is an all around performer.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:14 PM   #58
itsmeek
AF Regular

yeah man, i test drove the wrx. i loved it. the only thing w/that car that i saw as being a problem in the future was the turbo. and i also didn't like the overall looks of the car and the cheesy interior. with an air intake and a hondata chip i can beat the wrx in my rsx. i DO LOVE the subarus looks w/body kits and i do think the tiburon is a beautiful car, but would never buy a hyundai, the tiburon may look good up front, but it's the first year in production and i know they're gonna say that the rsx is the same, but honda has proven themselves in the past.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:19 PM   #59
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

yeah yeah

i know man, i wouldnt buy a hyundai either, just not tried and true yet. I did think the wrx was posting low 0-60 times though, like 5.4 seconds, whats the rsx-s post? the looks were a first i know, i worked with my uncle all summer, and people kept confusing it with a suped up neon, lol. subaru has redesigned the whole front end for next year, and it looks better. kind of skyline-ish headlights, it looks sweet. the beauty of the subaru is the damn winter driving, unbelievable, seriously, i took a ride in my unc's wrx and it accelerated on pure snow like it was on dry pavement, seriously, it was damn sweet, only thing that sux is that its a 4-door, but it is a rally car, and most of them are 4-door anyway. Is the rsx motor a 2.0? acura did some monster tuning to get 200hp out of it, i think the variable valve timing is the key factor there. the rsx has nice lines, but damn, when you stand next to it, its small, TT small. sweet car, what did it cost? if you dont mind my asking.

lata
Old 12-06-2002, 05:00 PM   #60
itsmeek
AF Regular

yeah man not a prob. i got my rsx-s for 20k american, i think retail is about 23,650 on it. the fastest time posted was 0-60 in 6.1 seconds i don't remember but i believe it was motor trend that posted that time. i put an air intake in mine and w/a hondata ecu chip the car will be making about 220 to the wheels. keep in mind the wrx makes about 227 only to the flywheel but to the wheels it only makes 168.0 hp@ 5733 rpm @ 12.1 psi. hey did you check out the new dodge neon srt? now that car is just sick. 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and under 20k. just no beating that. but it's still a neon (HI!)

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani