Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 07:20 PM   #1
ross2313
AF Newbie

'70 duster

im looking at a 1970 duster, it runs still, has 101k on the motor the up side that its in good condition and is going for 900 the downside is the motor is a v6, i know very little about plymouth so i was wondering the tolerances for the transmission, if i got the car besides minor tune up work i would want to drop in a v8, will the origional tranny handle the torque and hp? thanks for the help, also how hard is it to do a swap on these cars? thanks for the help

Ross
ross2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:36 PM   #2
PeteRR
AF Regular

Re: '70 duster

You've got a /6 (slant 6) in there. Whether the trans will survive depends on which V-8 you swap to and how much hp the V-8 has. Your rear axle will probably go first anyway. Also, /6's are just getting started at 100k miles. Very strong and very dependable motors. For the swap you'll need either a V-8 k-frame or Schumacher Creative Services makes engine conversion kits to swap any Mopar engine into any Mopar.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner
451 Stroker + Keisler 5-Speed OD manual trans
PeteRR is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical