Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 12:28 PM   #1
PCH
AF Newbie

alarm sys for '97 m3?

Well after many calls to lojack and the dealership, I've finally figured out their various packaging system.

In the end, all you can do is 1, lojack, or 2, lojack and ses system which is a half-step alarm system with nothing you need.

So with my lojack in place, now i need an alarm since they are nice to annoy people. No really, I'm looking at it for added insurance rate discount, and keyless entry!

Any ideas? I don't want it to void my extended warranty either which covers all my electrical systems...

-PCH
PCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 10:18 PM   #2
agapehme
AF Enthusiast

Question Alarm sys

You are a step ahead of me. The alarm system is one that I have been looking into for both the security aspect and the keyless entry. After the purchase I thought of my wife's Mercury Villager at half the cost with an alarm system. Well, maybe they do not have thieves in Germany. The Viper system was the recommended to me by my local car audio dealer that has done all my vehicles for the past 20 years 98% of them German. Also, apparently Lojak does not work in Canada, so I was told. I am interested to know your final decision or ideas.
agapehme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 10:49 PM   #3
PCH
AF Newbie

2 Options that seems to be the best bet are the viper and the alpine.

Both have the same options on paper. Probably decide based on the size of the clicker ;-)

-PCH
PCH is offline   Reply With Quote